• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

About rep rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Some basic information about reputation:
  • All users may use the reputation system.
  • Users who have ten reputation themselves may add positive reputation to others.
  • For each 50 points a user has, they add one point to others.
  • Only staff members may impose reputation penalties (negative reputation awards).

Level 8
Reputation system query

Hey, I'm not sure if this should go here or in the off topic forum, but anyway. I'd just like to clear up how the reputation system works, as when some people give me rep, it doesn't actually add to my total, it just has an orange diamond shape and their comment when I look on my profile. However other people actually add to my total, and I am confused as to why? I think it has something to do with the amount of reputation points the person repping you has themselves, but I'm not sure because I don't think I can add to people's totals either, just give them a nice comment, lol. Any comments would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a question of stupidity and pointlessness, but I'd just like to know :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 32
It's interesting that you should bring this up, I'm working on an all-encompassing FAQ that should spell things out clearly and answer all questions.

Expect a new thread in this forum within one week's time. Here's a partial preview:

Reputation Use
  • All users may participate the vBulletin reputation award system.

• Users must possess ten reputation points themselves in order to add positive reputation points to others.

• Only administrators, forum moderators and respected users may impose negative reputation penalties.

• Adding to a user's reputation is accomplished by:
    1. Select the Add to User's Reputation button on forum posts:
      reputation.gif
    2. Enter a comment in the popup window. vBulletin codes are accepted.
    3. Press the Add to Reputation button to confirm the award.

• Reputation Power determines the number of reputation points added to other users:
    • For each 50 reputation points a user possesses, he or she adds one point to the reputation totals of others.
    • Administrators may set other reputation power modifiers.

• Reputation Spread Factor must be matched before adding reputation to the same user for a second time:
    • Five other unique users must be awarded before one can add reputation to any user again.

Level 26
rep is either the spinning gems we have or the spinning diamond you have. you earn rep for being a good little boy on the forums and you lose rep for pissing off a moderator. put your mouse over the diamond/gem to see how much rep you have. the diamond symbolizes no rep, red gems symbolize bad rep. green gems symbolize you have rep, and blue gems symbolize you have a lot of rep. more rep you have, the more rep you can give. theoretically, rep does nothing. but you would earn someone's respect a lot faster if you had, say, 92 rep, rather than -26 rep.

As seen on the other rep thread:
Reputation Use

* All users may participate the vBulletin reputation award system.

* Users must possess ten reputation points themselves in order to add positive reputation points to others.

* Only administrators, forum moderators and respected users may impose negative reputation penalties.

* Adding to a user's reputation is accomplished by:
1. Select the Add to User's Reputation button on forum posts:
reputation.gif

2. Enter a comment in the popup window. vBulletin codes are accepted.
3. Press the Add to Reputation button to confirm the award.

* Reputation Power determines the number of reputation points added to other users:
o For each 50 reputation points a user possesses, he or she adds one point to the reputation totals of others.
o Administrators may set other reputation power modifiers.

* Reputation Spread Factor must be matched before adding reputation to the same user for a second time:
o Five other unique users must be awarded before one can add reputation to any user again.
Now why not introduce yourself?

Level 32
A person's standing in the community is based on the opinions of others by using reputation awards.
A new thread will soon be unveied to discuss this subject in detail.

[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]!ntroduce yourself to The Hive BumbleBee![/self]

~ Thread merged.

Level 32
then how do i have this -rep
Dungeon's Borderlines 08-07-2007 12:13 PM PitzerMike no cookies for you

he isn't a mod or a admin or the webmaster
so how do i have -rep form him?!?!
  • Only administrators, forum moderators and respected users may impose negative reputation penalties.
PitzerMike is a respected user.

can i get rid of it now (or do i need to wait a another month)
Community > FAQ > THW Rules > How can negative reputation be canceled?

Level 8
Here's a thing. Why is that peeps with no rep can't give just a tiny bit of +rep? It seems to me that these are the people (call them noobs if you will) that I, for one, am giving help to the most, and are left with nothing much to show for my kind and generous nature :p It also means you won't actually know these people are grateful without checking your profile, which isn't something that I do that often, and I guess most others dont eiter, which means I curse the ungrateful youths unfairly! This all goes for everyone who helps people questing for adive, not just me, so I think everyone should be able to give atleast 1 point of rep, not just those with 10 or more themselves. It would also give those misers among people more incentive to be helpful as well :thumbs_up:

Level 11
That seems a rather bad excuse. For one, who would actually do that? If each new member gave 1 rep then how many new members would you have to make to actually get another green bar? Then for each new member you would need a new email address. Who would actually go to all that trouble? And then moderators will eventually catch the person doing it wont they? As opposed to the fact that more people may be inclined to help if new people can give rep, and if more people help then those new people will come back to hive again.

Unless of course you're allowed to rep someone several times in a row. I havent tried that but if you are then I guess that would be a problem. Though should be an easy fix to make them have to give rep to other people before giving it to the same person.

Level 15
Stare into ma avatars eyes and read my words
mathematically your complaining is sound
but logically or emotionally bases on past experiences its just not a good idea from what I'm hearing so
let my avatars eyes tell you this and let you come to my plane of understanding
also
Reputation Spread Factor must be matched before adding reputation to the same user for a second time:

Five other unique users must be awarded before one can add reputation to any user again.

Level 11
Stare into ma avatars eyes and read my words
mathematically your complaining is sound
but logically or emotionally bases on past experiences its just not a good idea from what I'm hearing so
let my avatars eyes tell you this and let you come to my plane of understanding
Well from my experiences it is a good idea, wc3c for example employs this system and it has been fine.

And please never ever say that thing with the eyes again.

Level 27
I think the rep system could use a complete remake:
- Rep is something you can only edit, not something you can give over and over
- Users with less than 0 rep can't give any rep
- Users with 0 rep can give +1 rep only
- More rep you have, more you can give or take
I don't think it should be an awards system because someone could be a complete jerk and still have lots of rep because they make awesome resources.

Level 26
I don't think it should be an awards system because someone could be a complete jerk and still have lots of rep because they make awesome resources.
Is there anything wrong with that? They're still contributing positively to the community, so long as they're civil enough with their jerkocity. And, if I'm not mistaken, this is a Warcraft modding community.

Status
Not open for further replies.