• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Negating negrep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
@Arvedui: I'm not flaming nor trolling. I'm only trying to keep this thread to what it's meant for: Discussing punishment for negating negrep. So if you want to have a thread in the Site Discussion to post all your junk in, go make your own. But this is still a thread I made, so the subject is decided by me and me alone as long as it follows the Hive's rules. So as a matter of fact: It is partially up to me to decide what is posted here.

Are you so blind to not see that you are trolling and flaming? All I did was offer my opinion and not even to you, and you insulted my intelligence. Hmm, that certainly sounds like something to me.

And then I started to read your comments in the thread over again, and you've done that to practically every person who has disagreed with you in this thread. If you don't believe me, I only took a sample of them from your posts, for my post.

You fail at being able to keep control of your thread because you fail at reasoning.

End of discussion.

You have yet to give an answer to my post before:

Getting that out of the way, there's still a flaw in your argument, though it's not surprising.

Say this gets enforced and allll those bad people who give rep to negate someone else's neg rep are actually being punished.

Well, what if someone who doesn't know that the other person has neg rep and reps them anyway, and by mistake they get punished for it?

How do you then solve that? Well, one way would be to talk to the moderator, or make a thread in admin contact, whichever would be your preference. But the only problem with that is that people who do it on purpose could do that too. It's entirely possible for someone to lie about it if they disguised it well enough.

Level 31
Are you so blind to not see that you are trolling and flaming? All I did was offer my opinion and not even to you, and you insulted my intelligence. Hmm, that certainly sounds like something to me.

And then I started to read your comments in the thread over again, and you've done that to practically every person who has disagreed with you in this thread. If you don't believe me, I only took a sample of them from your posts, for my post.

You fail at being able to keep control of your thread because you fail at reasoning.

End of discussion.

You have yet to give an answer to my post before:

PLEASE:

TAKE TO THE PM! THIS IS A DEBATE!

If you want HIM specificaly to answer, PM him. Do not do this crap here.

Level 18
@Mr.Bob: It's not good to have it just for fun, because that would still remove the judging purpose of reputation, which is what's it's meant to be used for and still should be used for.

@Arvedui: Listen to Mr.Bob: If you got something against me personally, you should PM me. And after that you will find out I will ignore your PMs and stop this useless attempt to turn this serious thread into a flamewar.

Level 14
If I wanted this thread to be a flame war, it would be already. Don't ever doubt that.

There's no way I'm going to PM you over something that should be discussed in this thread.

The fact remains that until you actually come up with a serious rebuttal to my previous post (if you need me to quote it again, I will), this thread is pointless because your position is indefensible.

And Mr. Bob. I'm not going to take it to PMs, because it's on-topic and was initially directed at Avator. If he is unable to answer then the thread serves no purpose, as the thread was made by him and the argument is being made by him.

Level 8
Yo, Avator. You indeed flame people.

You called me brainless ( dont worry I dont mind. I know Im more intelligent that most of you folks ) so you did do some flaming.

Look in the mirror please, it usually does some good.

Level 35
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

OKAY!

Its done, its over, its finished, complete, over with, under the bridge, over the dam, in the past, dead in dust, covered in dirt, fossilized, ruined, ivywrapped....etc, etc.

Line drawn, shut up, get back on topic. Now.

Original Topic:

Negating Neg-rep.

Level 8
Elenai, you still havent anwered the question I made about your last post. Instead of posting funny words you could do that or even better talk something that is somehow related to this topic.

And Mr. Bob was going to be back later today and post some of hes opinions, so dont close this thread just yet.

Its funny how people who complain about being offtopic dont actually post any ontopic stuff...

Level 31
Elenai, you still havent anwered the question I made about your last post. Instead of posting funny words you could do that or even better talk something that is somhow related to this topic.

And Mr. Bob was going to be back later today and post some of hes opinions, so dont close this thread just yet.

I was? D:

/me is forgetting what he said....

Level 35
Elenai, you still havent anwered the question I made about your last post. Instead of posting funny words you could do that or even better talk something that is somehow related to this topic.

...I don't have to answer to you for jack diddly squat quite frankly.

And...you are still off-topic.

Elenai, just close the thread. All points made. All perspectives viewed. All that's left is room for trolls and flamers.

Already requested.

Level 8
...I don't have to answer to you for jack diddly squat quite frankly.

And why is that?

You just come posting stuff here without any arguments or explanations. People wont take you seriously if you do that.

And if Im offtopic then you are too, think about that. You dont have to be so scared about lil offtopicing.

I have probably posted most ontopic stuff to this thread anyways. ( Or maybe 2nd most, or 3rd most, but anyways you get the point. )

Last edited:
Level 18
There's 1 last thing I'd like to see here Elenai: A conclusion by Ralle or a moderator who has permission to make a final conclusion about this.

I would very much like everyone who does not meet that requirement not to post here anymore. No more arguments, no more questions, no more answers on existing questions, no more nothing except the above mentioned. If you still have things to discuss, either PM that person or create a new thread, but please do not post here anymore.

Level 27
And, I don't to hear "But, we mods don't have the time". Well, yes you do, frankly. All it takes is 1 minute every day to check on the person.
You are underestimating how long it takes to moderate rep. Let me put this another way.

Moderating is a volunteer activity. This means we need people willing to moderate rep.

I can't speak for everybody, but I know I'm sure as hell not going to waste my time on things as trivial as rep. I have more important things to waste my time on. D:
Intent makes trolling. I don't see the intent in Avator.

I appreciate that there are those who want everybody to use rep accurately. This just isn't going to happen. If we want a reputation system that shows actual reputation, we use a completely different system. This is why you can't get everybody to use rep the "right" way. Stupid people wont listen, and smart people know the stupid people wont listen, so they use it the "wrong" way.

Remove the rep system? Why bother? Just get your rep disabled if you care so much about getting rid of a system that so many people like.

Again:
The moderators don't have the time nor the inclination to monitor ever single person who is neg repped, no matter what the ratio of moderators to people neg repped is. And adding more moderators for something as inconsequential for watching who reps who is a incredible waste of time.
~Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.