• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ratling Gunner

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
When skaven-totally-don't-exist jokes stop being funny.

Has special animations for continious fire (stand channel) and gun windup (stand channel alternate)

Plans: make a windup icon
Previews
Contents

Bullet time icon (Icon)

Ratling Gunner (Model)

Ratling Icon (Icon)

Ratling unit (Model)

Reviews
Archian
Gotta love those animations! :D Stand Channel 2 and the Death animation is my favourite! Overall awesome execution, smooth design :D Works ingame! Thanks for providing icons for it aswell :) A neat bonus.
frostwhisper
This resource is exceptional and has earned the Director's Cut rating.
Nobody asked me, but I'll say. What I like most about Gluma's models is the unsurpassed quality of animations at the level of the creators of the game, and even more interesting, which he came to with such a short list of models. Together with Taurer, I see that both of these guys have already taken pride of place on this "pedestal" and deserve, in my opinion, such a title.

In addition to the animations, I'd like to point out that the textures of Gluma's latest models are as close as possible to the art style of Blizzard in terms of their resolution, colors and other details, which requires a good artist's flair and sharp eye. I'd like to emphasize this because they are custom.

In sum, we get excellent SD models that, despite the themes of the originals, fit into the game really-really well. In terms of custom animations and characters' charisma (which, in combination with textures and geosets, creates such), for me Gluma is one of those who is standing in the front row. I cited his models as an example for some hivers specializing in SD characters who asked me, repeatedly. (Of course, not everyone wants to get into the game's visual setting, but, no matter what your desire, you still upload models to this game with already set visual parameters of the Warcraft universe.)

It seems to me that in the past I saw somewhere in his profile that he is majoring in game design or something like that. I could be wrong, however, but already his first models possess grace and expertise. From the side of animations and their exterior image, his models seem so natural and understandable, so close to us, that nothing betrays in them a great level of effort put into creation - this is the quality of professionalism.

I wanted so say something like this long ago but I think that today is a good time to put my opinion under the Director's Cut mark.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This resource is exceptional and has earned the Director's Cut rating.
The only issue with giving Gluma a Director's Cut is knowing when to stop. xD The best kind of 'slippery slope'.

Nobody asked me, but I'll say. What I like most about Gluma's models is the unsurpassed quality of animations at the level of the creators of the game, and even more interesting, which he came to with such a short list of models. Together with Taurer, I see that both of these guys have already taken pride of place on this "pedestal" and deserve, in my opinion, such a title.

In addition to the animations, I'd like to point out that the textures of Gluma's latest models are as close as possible to the art style of Blizzard in terms of their resolution, colors and other details, which requires a good artist's flair and sharp eye. I'd like to emphasize this because they are custom.

In sum, we get excellent SD models that, despite the themes of the originals, fit into the game really-really well. In terms of custom animations and characters' charisma (which, in combination with textures and geosets, creates such), for me Gluma is one of those who is standing in the front row. I cited his models as an example for some hivers specializing in SD characters who asked me, repeatedly. (Of course, not everyone wants to get into the game's visual setting, but, no matter what your desire, you still upload models to this game with already set visual parameters of the Warcraft universe.)

It seems to me that in the past I saw somewhere in his profile that he is majoring in game design or something like that. I could be wrong, however, but already his first models possess grace and expertise. From the side of animations and their exterior image, his models seem so natural and understandable, so close to us, that nothing betrays in them a great level of effort put into creation - this is the quality of professionalism.

I wanted so say something like this long ago but I think that today is a good time to put my opinion under the Director's Cut mark.
I hereby Ask you to give your thoughts on whatever cool model you are interested in talking about. : )

Thanks!

Level 32
Oh man, I totally missed that. Giant thanks everyone!

brother you're making me melt 😳

I absolutely never majored in game design tho, I still don't have a formal art education even though animation's been my job for some time now