• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Game Desync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I had expanded my Custom Hero Defense map by a few extra dozen times, the map file was 8,460 KBs in it before I had worked on the map some more, I sent it to a friend who I was watching terrain the map a bit and then I started to implement more mobs and boss fights, etc.. which made the maps file size expand to 9,271 Kbs. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem in the map. Perhaps it was a few leaks that became a thousand or maybe its because the trigger limit had reached its stopping point on one trigger. However, I'm not sure what it could be. So if anyone would mind checking the map sometime and letting me know. I'd be grateful.

Attachments

• Custom_Hero_Defense[TSH].26.w3x
    9.1 MB · Views: 27
Level 8
what ever triggers you added then caused it or what ever is in the new version is the cause. Disable all the triggers and enable them one by one till you isolate the problem
Its the map size, I was using the Map editor in the options to make the map bigger. I did this twice and all the units got all wonky. I assume the regions are getting screwed up or something. Its not the triggers.

Its not the map size. Or at least I never heard of the map size being the culprit of desyncs. Are we even talking about desyncs? There is a difference between desync, disconnect or simple game crashes (often with the display of an error message).
I'm saying this because many people misuse these terms.

Level 12
I cannot preview the triggers of the current version, but there are several issues with the older version, they might lead to crashing. Not sure about desync tho.
If these are not fixed in the current version, please take a look.

1) You are not storing global weather effects into any variable. All the triggers run with "destroy last created weather effect", although the weather effects are created trough multiple triggers.
And since they use entire map, they sure eat alot of memory from the map.

2) Timers should always be also destroyed, like timer windows. If you only destroy the timer window == the timer will continue counting till the end of times.

3) Untitled trigger 011 leaks multiple locations every time it is ran. (8 in total) Running every 65 seconds. If the the conditions are met every 65 seconds, after playing for around 3 minutes you have 24 locations leaking. Eating up memory.

On a side note: You can reduce the number of triggers by a great amount by using playerinteger. For example: You currently have 2 triggers for EVERY player hero revive.
Since you use timers here too, and they are also never destroyed, after some time, im pretty convinced this will cause issues.

This map would benefit greatly from a DDS (Damage detection system). You have triggers with "a unit is attacked", which should rarely or never be used at all. Since it can lead to exploits and unwanted results.

You could try disabling this Easy Item Stack 'n Split v2.7.4 - GUI in your map and the see if it still crashes, desyncs or whatever. This is the only trigger I found this far that uses GetLocalPlayer function.

Level 8
I cannot preview the triggers of the current version, but there are several issues with the older version, they might lead to crashing. Not sure about desync tho.
If these are not fixed in the current version, please take a look.

1) You are not storing global weather effects into any variable. All the triggers run with "destroy last created weather effect", although the weather effects are created trough multiple triggers.
And since they use entire map, they sure eat alot of memory from the map.

2) Timers should always be also destroyed, like timer windows. If you only destroy the timer window == the timer will continue counting till the end of times.

3) Untitled trigger 011 leaks multiple locations every time it is ran. (8 in total) Running every 65 seconds. If the the conditions are met every 65 seconds, after playing for around 3 minutes you have 24 locations leaking. Eating up memory.

On a side note: You can reduce the number of triggers by a great amount by using playerinteger. For example: You currently have 2 triggers for EVERY player hero revive.
Since you use timers here too, and they are also never destroyed, after some time, im pretty convinced this will cause issues.

This map would benefit greatly from a DDS (Damage detection system). You have triggers with "a unit is attacked", which should rarely or never be used at all. Since it can lead to exploits and unwanted results.

You could try disabling this Easy Item Stack 'n Split v2.7.4 - GUI in your map and the see if it still crashes, desyncs or whatever. This is the only trigger I found this far that uses GetLocalPlayer function.
Some of those I forgot to update. However, the ones involving damage detection are also based on the movement. Like for example the boss mechanics. it will use animation to detect when it's being hit. If I wanted to make it based on the damage Detection I already am using one for the map. so I do not need to worry about it. the Weather effects have been used for a long time and never caused a problem. but thanks for the heads up. I have it set to destroy all-timers. so there shouldn't be a timer window without being destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.