• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Desync problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have desync problem in my map and I am not quite sure on what to do about it.
I heard GetLocalPlayer() might be an issue, but I have hard time finding it since I made tons of triggers...
Does anyone know a method to convert entire map into custom text in 1 file?
I could use search function to find places where I used GetLocalPlayer().

Level 5
Ok I did that and there were no results for GetLocalPlayer().
So what might be other cause of desync, can memory leaks cause it?
I am pretty sure I deleted every variable that could leak with custom script in every trigger.

Level 2
I've had the same problem with tons of other custom games, is there a known issue why desync happens?
From "my own speculations" it has to do with new Warcraft patches that arn't alighned with old maps?

Desyncs can be caused by many things. The most common reason is from improper use of GetLocalPlayer. However, certain gameplay constants can cause desyncs as well. For example Creep Guard Distance.

Another issue is that the game's global state gets overwritten with each map allowing some data to leak over into the next. This can cause mismatches between players, and the only remedy at the moment is to restart your game before every match.

The GUI action "Pan Camera (As Necessary)" is also known to cause desyncs.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmm, I don't use Creep Guard Distance, I have Guard Return Time (sec) edited instead, and Pan Camera too, but it triggers only when game is over.
So if I don't use GetLocalPlayer, and have the above then theres no point for me to look into trigger for the cause then?

Level 5
Ok I will try that right now, by the way, if I have trigger X that is initially off, and I have another trigger Y which turns off trigger X(while its still initially off), can this cause anything dangerous?

Level 5
When someone desyncs and game is finished I get this error:
upload_2019-2-28_13-14-43.png

Could this be a hint in finding desync problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.