• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

S.O.S Need help for desync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys i'm having trouble to point and fix a desync problem on my map.

If anyone could help me, simply contact me i can pay some dollars too.

I'm really in need of help, please.

Desync happens randomly, sometimes at map init after game finishes loading and sometimes in mid game approx, 20 mins. The map is vamp zero reloaded, i wont post it here it's a popular map and i don't want that everybody gets the unprotected version to freely change it.

I had the approval of the original map maker to modify it tho.

So if someone wants to help point the desync i will just send the unprotected map in private message.

Last edited:
Level 13
Well, desyncs as I know are usually caused by excessive periodic events, preloading from other maps, and sometimes terrain deformations if used in an extreme way (I'm talking like, dummy unit spamming shockwave 50+ times in a second)
I had problems with desyncs myself. I fixed it by simply turning off all periodic triggers, then turning them on at or after map initialization.

In the case of desyncs for maps like Gaia's Retaliation, those are fixed by restarting your WC3 client. It may have something to do with the preloaded JASS or units. Perhaps you can add a message on your loading screen for that, if it works?

Last edited:
Level 13
Ah yes, Vamp Zero, the game that always desyncs.

If my memory serves well the desyncs in that map always felt pretty random, which to me at least suggested the cause(s) were from non-essential systems in the map (i.e. not constitutive periodic triggers) but rather from bad functions or object data that were only used/activated when a player uses them.

Whilst Vamp Zero isn't the most complex map it does have quite a few systems/custom object data so i'm afraid it's pretty difficult for anyone to help you without you providing the map. It does seem odd the original creator never bothered to fix it ("let me maintain this popular map, oh wait i broke it, now i cba to fix it so i'll give it to some random dude to fix).

Status
Not open for further replies.