• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Start Desync for some Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, that makes a long time that i have this problem in my map, it's that some players always and when i say always, it's always, we tested with multiples hosts, etc... desync at start.

Note that those peoples desync only on my map. I dunno why, i tried to fixed every thing that can cause a desync, but i dunno what it still happens.

And Here is the map.

Attachments

• BotEF v0.30 BETA FR 25-01.w3x
    870.6 KB · Views: 57

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
It most likely has to do with graphics settings. There are some things that will only desync for players on high or low graphics settings enabled.

PS: Most likely hive users won't download your map to help you debug it, they will just provide tips.

I recommend disabling all excess triggers that aren't necessary for the map to function and testing on bnet. If the problem still occurs, disable more.

Through this process you'll eventually see what trigger is the issue.

Good luck.

It most likely has to do with graphics settings. There are some things that will only desync for players on high or low graphics settings enabled.
Both high and low graphics can desync or not.

I have a mate with a good comp (and high settings) who desync and another with a very bad comp (and low-medium settings) who desync too.

Level 4
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 16, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Player((Integer A)))
      • Player Group - Add (Player((Integer A))) to StreakPGroup_Display
      • Set BaseName[(Integer A)] = (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
      • Player - Set (Player((Integer A))) Current gold to 850
this loop will also affect neutral forces, which is a bad idea since u probably don't need that... idk if thats what causes desync, but i suggest just looping throught 12 players
thats about the only thing i can think of when looking at the initialise trigger :/

Level 4
not all neutrals, using players in triggers that arent used in game can cause desyncs pretty fast. try to set that to 12 just to see if still desyncs and u'le know the cause

Some things I experienced during mapping on Gaias Retaliation, which had initial-desync issues too:

Problem: Some tiles can desync ... it sounds weird, but this is truly the case. I dunno which weird bug causes this, but sometimes when you are using more than 12 tiles, tiles can become "corrupt"... in my map, the 16th tile I used cause a desync as soon as a unit stepped on it.
How to confirm: Try resetting the tileset for a testing game (keep a copy of the nonresetted version!) and check if it still desyncs
Solution: Try to find out which tile is corrupt by covering the entire map with one tile at a time... and remove the corrupted tile from your set

Problem: Getting PlayerSlotState at map init desyncs
How to confirm: Remove PlayerSlotState occurances and check if it works
Solution: Run PlayerSlotState with a delay after map init

Problem: Local Code may desync if not done correctly
How to confirm: Remove local code
Solution: Try to use local code wisely ... use tutorials if you don't get it right

Problem: Extreme object editor values may cause desync
How to confirm: Remove extreme values (regeneration values > 50k, Millions of HP, etc.)
Solution: Simply avoid it ... it doesn't look good anyway

Problem: Some GUI functions (BJ functions) may cause desync, like PanCameraAsNeccesary
How to confirm: Remove all those lines
Solution: Remove them

I recommend deactivating all your triggers before you go on testing. This way you can easily detect wether your map script is the issue or the other stuff I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.