• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Created Units Desync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey, no matter what i do, all trigger created units cause desync's as soon as a palyers selects them.
i first noticed that on the creation of the hero for each player, after i did a 2,5 hour session with a freind of trying to disable multiple trigers and testing variou sscenarios we found out that preplaced units do not cause the desync, and that also trigger created units for the computer player will caus ethe desync.

you can just download the attached map and have a look for yourself. we both make maps for a long time but we cannot find the root of this issue, we even tried copying everything into a new map, yet the same issues happen.

if any of you has an idea of why trigger created units cause desyncs here (works in all other maps afaik) i'd be happy to know what you have found out.

Attachments

• rougelike0.01.w3m
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
Level 9
Last edited:
Level 14
i've tested with preplaced units, those wont cause desyncs, i also tested with disabled triggers, still selecting a unit would cause the desync, but yes i'll test it and give feedback, thanks! :)

tested it: did not solve the issue

Does it still desync if you disable selection triggers and reset gameplay constants? (make a copy of the map if you try this to preserve your custom constants)

How many triggers do you disable? Do you also disable any initialization triggers that create/alter units?

Edit: There's some more information here: Think This Will Desync, or is it safe?

It appears that unit selection is shared over the network even though it is considered local (UI). So, when a new unit is created I imagine something is still turned on that has selection functions running and the unit has not yet updated in one of the player's clients. Therefore, selection data is passed but no unit exists resulting in a desync.

Level 9
i tried disabling all triggers and creating 2 new triggers that create units -> worked without desyncs
i narrowed the issue down by enabling 1 trigger after another
the result: camera triggers caused the desync
i had a trigger applying certain settings an pinning the camera to a certain point every 0,01 seconds. after a player has chosen his hero i turn this trigger off for that player and turn a camera on that is pinning the camera to the unit's location every 0,2 seconds.

turning off the first camera trigger solved the desync issue.
changing its trigger time from every 0,01 seconds to every 0,1 seconds did also solve the issue.
i have no idea why as i've been using this kind of triggers for years.
also i dont know why it will only desync when selecting a unit after that.

i mean i used preplaced units vefore and walked around with them for minutes after "hero selection" and it desynced only when selecting a trigger created unit, no matter how long the first trigger has been turned off.
i dont know any jass or much about desyncs. but this seems to be a new thing, maybe someone with more knowledge about those things is willing to investigate this issue further. for me i fiund a solution for my case.

thanks @Planetary for your solution attempts :)

Level 9
I've been using the standart pan camera to point gui trigger, and im still using it never had issues with it desyncing ever.
the only thing i had to do was lower the refresh rate as it desynced at 0.01 ahen being turned on after map init and only if oyu select a trigger created afterwards. selecting a prelaced unit after the camera trigger was turned on did not cause any desyncs. thats why i first thought it is due to trigger created units and i still belive it has to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.