• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desync Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I'm having troubles finding out what's causing desyncs in my map. If anyone wants to take a look I've attached my map to this post. I'm not worried about memory leaks or poorly written code since this map was made over 8 years ago. Just hoping that I can upgrade it to support 24 players without any desyncing issues. If anyone finds anything that could cause a desync, please let me know!!

Desync Info:

Sometimes the game pulls through without any desyncs occuring at all. But when there are desyncs, they almost always occur within 5 minutes of the "Team Battle" event ending (Can check out this trigger: Duel and boundries -> Duel).

There's a few things that happen exclusively after team battle event ends:
  • A bunch of merchants spawn around the map and they can sell an item called ultimate upgrade. One ultimate upgrade item also spawns on the map. If a user purchases or picks up an ultimate upgrade, it runs a bunch of triggers (check out the SUPER SPELLS AND UPGRADE folder)
  • Once a unit picks up an ultimate upgrade, their unit gets replaced by a completely different unit with a new set of spells. These new units are only available AFTER the team battle event ends, so it's possible one of these units might have a spell that's causing desyncs. However I've watched several replays and haven't noticed much correlation yet. I noticed in one of the replays a desync occured while a unit was casting a spell called Orb of Water (can check "orb of water" folder) but I don't see anything wrong with that code.
  • After the team battle ends, everyone is rewarded a bunch of gold. So during this time people will start going on shopping sprees. I'm thinking maybe the desyncs are somehow related to item purchases as well (item triggers are located in the "Items" folder)

Btw another weird issue I have is after saving the map using WEX editor some units such as priest of moon or any item shop are assigned the "Defend" ability. Before I used to use JNGP editor.

Attachments

• Evolution Tag 3.01b.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
Level 5
I believe having defend is a trick for checking unit death faster or for damage detection(I forgot which one)
Is there is any of the prone to desynch trigger commands (or even on default abilities)such as checking terrain height or the varied terrain heights deformations as well as get local player.
Also did you try to go with someone else and agree with the other to not buy any item to check if it does reduce the amount of desynchs.
I can not update because I can not download the patch on battlenet because battlenet gives up when there is a bad connection so sadly I can not read the triggers nor test the map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.