• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immediately i must sound the alarm!
the AI was quicker than me, which ain't much.. lol

but the Alarm-raising thing is the hydra ultimate. like.. :D you summon it, and it runs out, spawns lesser hydras, that runs out, spawns even lesser hydras, that runs out, spawns hatchlings. and doesn't stop there :D

it SPAMS hatchlings across the whole map! that's a serious bug :D

Level 15
Hey Misha, could you maybe find someone who is good with triggers and OE to do some work on the abilities and systems while I'm working on Terrain Contest #9? (I'll hopefully be done my wip terrain soon). It will go ALOT faster if you have someone that's actually good with triggers and OE, unlike me who does ALOT of experimenting to figure it out (with very little success most of the time). Once I get my terrains done I will continue to play around with things and I will ask some of the more experience triggerers when I am stuck. Doing the work solo is taking too freaking long, lulz. (well most of that time was spent researching ideas for abilities and names.)

Level 21
When will we see some WIPs? Oh and Misha don't worry about AI being quicker then you. It is quicker then Blizzards AI. IT is latter game when he starts to show weakness.

Oh when you finish elements i could try to make AI for them to right?

Oh and I think Wrathling is good about race creating. In contest he made his own spells and had great ideas.

clipboard01ev.jpg

Discuss :]

animations completed
But what shall it be? Naga Building? Hellish? Element

Level 15
At last, the terraining contest is done and the poll is up. Now time to seek out some help. I will begin PMing some people shortly. If people are willing to help then we will finally make some progress with the abilities and systems for the elemental race.

.. main priority would be setting up the "mine/harvest-from afar" system which would make the elementals a bit unique.

wondering if that can be made by a single wisp-dummy(nonseeable) and a trigger that stretches some "lightning/drain" texture/model? from one to other unit while they gather

similar would be with an acolyte-dummy and same stretch-sumthin' trigger, for the gold.

Level 15
Misha, Some good news to brighten up your day,
-Pharoah_ has agreed to help out with triggers for our elementals. He has completed Luminate (Blazing Zealot), Combustion (Pyre caster), and Scintillation (ember dragon). He is currently working the lumber harvest and build system.

Level 15
-As for me I have been doing some work on tool tips making them look eye candy.

-I still suck, but I am improving on my 2-d art skills, and hopefully soon, I will be able to begin making acceptable icons. I will be starting with the Attack/defense upgrades.

-I have always wanted to try my hand at melee maps, so I am going to try to make 4 melee maps, one representing each element. But I don't know how it will turn out since I've never made a melee map, so don't get your hopes up too much.

-As soon as I get the melee maps done (If I do ever get them done) and after making a few icons, I will be making a thread in map developement to organize our ideas and hopefully recruit some modellers to get cracking on some buildings.

Anyways, happy b-day Misha, hope you have a great day. Don't get too drunk, lulz.

Level 6
here are some tips for melee maps:use grid for better symmetry,use blizzard techniques for terraining(large plains, separate areas with cliffs put rocks on river extremities...).
now how to place stuff:-tavern:middle of the map if the map is small,ungarded and close to players in large maps.
-goblin merchant:close to middle lvl 10-15 creeps around it.
-goblin observatory: same as above -fountains: in the middle of the map, lvl 12-17 creeps around it
-gold mines:close to players: creep number changes depending on players and gold amount in gold mines,but note that creeps should remain between lvl 12-24
Item table:
170273-albums3355-picture30320.jpg

units should have a 30-40% chance to drop an item on low levels(-5) and 60-70% on high levels.
Trees: you can use those as a replacement for cliffs(2-3 big grid squares) when you want to separate areas,also there should be 1.5 or 2 grid squres of trees in the base

Level 15
ashbringer753, thanks, but I know how to make melee maps. The problem is that I am an artistic terrainer. I like making maps look as epic as I can with cool, massive constructions and stuff. So then those small, low-res fountains and merchants don't blend in well with all the detail of the rest of the terrain. I can't do simple. I get to carried away on appearance and forget to focus on playability. But we'll see how I do.

Level 3
So im makeing this game Ultimate defence and everyone plays as a human(deal with it). The humans auto build but you always have direct control and can sort of use pheromones(although i dont call them that) if you build a wall they will build walls around it or towers near defence. But i've only managed to make one race that attacks you. I need ideas for races that are pretty unique. The first race is like skynet or something, it has core units that control all the other units by transferring mana from sensors(any unit or tower that gets mana from actions done around it (warstomp)) to nodes(small towers with mana drain and taunt) to outputs(the machine!). Its a physical AI that has no triggering or AI scripting. So i need way more races to attack the humans pretty diverse i was thinking about a zombie race but i dont want it to be simple. Please reply

Level 27
let me think... sptting ones (ussually the spitty stuff is low damage but it's poisonous or does some other kind of efffect), classical tanks that are real strong, chargers that can run forward real fast and ram into somebody, super-regenerative zombies, exploding zombies all covered in some smelly zits...

Level 27
Yea... I know quite a lot about zombies... I mean they're so awesome, how can you hate those little smelly fellas?
Talking about foul smell, some zombies might posses foul smell that can actually weaken surounding living.
Also some giant ugly zombie that is a composite of lots of corpses can be big enough to walk over walls...

Other races you can add may be demons and aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.