• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

R-INVolve - Destrian Chronicles Role Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
"What the-" I said as a bead of sweat trickled down on my head. I looked to my right, dust everywhere, people screaming, clearly I was confronting something far worse than what I have imagined. I looked at it again and paused for a moment, thinking of what I was going to do, I was either going to escape or fight it. Escaping sounded good but with the weapon it used, I was sure to die, so I picked to fight it and charged.

Level 19
Murry stepped back, away from the fight as he shivered. He started breathing faster and faster until the point he was hyperventilating, being confused and terrified by the golems. He closed his eyes and grabbed his knife, which shook in his hand as he almost dropped it. The only thing he wanted was to leave this damned place. He didn't come here for this! He cursed his luck and merely stood there, trying to stand ready if anybody attacked him. He'd show them... he thought to himself.

General

The Door shudders violently.

The armed men clash with the dusty clay monstrosities.

"Take the flank!"

"Watch out!"

Voices ring through the melee.
A dent forces a section of the door to buckle, dust and spark spraying into the lobby.
"EVERYONE! GET DOWN!" Piverou yells above the ruckus.

The door shudders again.

More sparks.

Another, smaller lobby door opens, and more of the armed men enter the lobby, with bows and dark, lethal hacking axes.

One charges into the crowd, but is eviscerated by a scything beam of energy from a golem's arm, his axe clatters to murry's feet.

Lex:

You slam into the Golem hard, forcing it back, down onto the floor, where it collapses into chunks of rock.

Level 4
The hinges of the bay door vibrated and rattled, bolts threatening to pry themsevles loose, sepia dust bursting from the seams with each invisible blow. An earsplitting bang announced a crack in the buckling iron. Two or three heads turned reflexively, but an instant later were made victims of the ongoing chaos. Tendrils of lacquered ruby spat from their falling corpses, scoring crimson stains upon the lobby floor. A mercenary jeered savagely as he kicked the lifeless remains of a golem off the end of his axe. The man's parting sight was a reflection of the azure sparks across a pair of hooded blue eyes. A golden blur crunched his skull and cast his body skidding aside.

The robed Mushasharg retreated hastily with abated breath, lying prone in the shadows of an attendants desk. His tan skin turned pale as he gripped the golden staff tensly, waiting, waiting. Another crack creased the iron door, and then a third, accompanied by a ravaging squeal of metal grinding metal.

Five golems remained. Three stood against what brigands were not cowering in fear. Exposed backs and sides were racked to shreds. The other two crouched warily on creaking limbs, crystal studded arms perched aloft, poised to strike. With every slight movement their joints spewed rock and crystal dust.

Sanpor's bearded face concealed the rapid movement of his lips. A whispered litany flowed from his tongue. The flesh above his right eye twitched convulsively. His gaze was riveted upon the door. It may have been an illusion of early nightfall, but in the blink of an eye a white tendril darted across the floor and slipped out of sight through a crack in the iron...

Level 20
OOC: Sorry guys, been working all weekend :3 Back to business!

General

"Enough!"
The room fell silent as a young, hooded figure strode between the remaining Golems and ruffians. Both parties frozen.

He turned to Piverou, still gasping and clutching the stone.
"Give it me and this ends here" he barked, hand outstretched in anticipation.
Piverou exhausted, said nothing but merely shook his head.
"So be it" the young man turned to the crowd, face all but hidden within his cowl. "I'm going to give you all... a choice".
He motioned to the lifts with a sweep of his hands "those of you who are mere bystanders and have better things to do, I sincerely apologise, you may be on your way" at this, the guards by all the lifts parted.
"Those of you who possess a desire to be useful and perhaps earn yourself a tidy sum"
he nodded to Piverou and Nyviara "Should help us detain these criminals".
"The rest of you, well we cannot be held responsible for your actions - side with him and the price on your head will match his".
"LIES! If the Academy gets hold of even one of these Crystals, we'll all have something to fear, do not listen to him!".
The Robed figure shrugged as two similarly dressed comrades joined him.

"Hurry up people, make your choice - time's a wasting".

Your choice will be noted and will affect several factors, npc behaviours etc later on in the rp. However this rp is very 'open' just because he's offered you three choices, doesn't mean you can't use your initiative and do something else entirely.

General

Piverou looks slightly relived as one walked to their side.

The door to the flight arm shuddered again.

"Fighting by my side is not a task for the light of heart." he warned, and Nyviara smacked him across the cheek "You'll scare them off!" she whispered sharply to his ear.

"I warn anyone here, these men are known criminals, smugglers, con men, and thieves. You could be doing the academy a great favor. one that would be handsomely rewarded."

A colder voice shook from the other side.

The Door shook again.

DM Tip

As your char develops, you will grow exponentially stronger, any of you, if you wanted, could go into politics, become a priest, join an army, become a king, general, or anything else, but the background story of the roleplay will continue to drive the world forward, so don't be afraid to try things that may not work!

Level 19
become a king

OOC: I'm in.

Murry looked around and initially decided not to go with them, but he quickly checked his purse after the words were spoken. It was empty -- and he was going to need some money... he hated fighting and he was a coward to some, but he had no choice for now. Even though it was merely a 'perhaps', he would still go with it. Besides, he had to face his fears.. right? Or so he was told.
''I'm in.'' he said, with his axe in his right hand.

Level 8
"a tidy sum?" the words echoed trough his mind, money... he could use it to start new research projects gain affiliates hire new scientists! there was one tiny problem however... he couldn't fight... at all...
he thought very deep, what was he supposed to do? leave, go to his appointment? that would be the logical thing to do, go on whit his life.
stand whit the criminal? no... no that was not an option at all, becoming a wanted man was nothing for him...
Helping the hooded man? The money was so attractive... but he just couldn't, as much as he wanted he couldn't. He wasn't about to forfeit his life just for some money! He had made his choice.

Jack turned around and walked towards one of the many elevators going downwards, he'd go on whit his life, go to his appointment and try to get his new steam engine on the market.

Level 16
"What am I to do? If I join these gang of criminals I'd be a wanted man, hunted down like rats. If I join the hooded man I would have to fight these things. As for leaving... No, leaving was never an option in my life, never have I escaped, never have I run away."
I looked at the crystal.
"Whats so important about that stone? Though I can feel a faint energy eminating from it. I guess I have no choice then, I have to protect that stone from falling into the wrong hands." As I thought to myself these words, I walked towards the man holding the stone.

General

Piverou spoke out now.

"We are not so much the criminals these men claim us to be. We skirt the law on some occasions, but these men are petty theives, bullies, and racketeers, willing to pay men to die in their service! All they want, are these." He held up the gem, it shook and sparked in the air.

"These men want to steal these crystals that are rightfully bound to the markets of Ourill! They are the criminals here, paying their way into the aerospire!"

The man on the opposite side spat. "Petty lying thief. We have done no such thing. We are reclaiming the soverign property of the academy from those Musharan Wretches!"

Piverou spat.

The door thundered once more.

A man whispered. "End this quickly before whatever it is thrashing at the door gets in."

Piverou shook his head sadly.

Jack

The elevator ticks calmly as you enter, a soft patter of gears, and you are flying down, almost a thousand feet later, the calm rattle of the lift cage opens onto Jrad railyard. Crowds of travelers, tens of thousands throng the streets, markets and vendors pedaling warm bread, olives, and sweet oils line the streets, various mesh staricases rose up the sides of the immense, impregnable walls of sandstone and bronze buildings, towering, thousands of feet into the air, blotting out the sun. Wind gusted overtop of the railyard and market, and a few dark, tunnel'd allyways lead into the dark; steamworks, smithies, workshops, homes. The tower of Wjasi, the First clan, was visible even over the tops of the near buildings, almost as tall as the aerospire, but a thousand times more grand. It was said that a hundred thousand slaves painted the entire structure in gold leaf in one day.

A booth marketing adventure, travel, and thrills sold tickets to travel out of Nol, and a stall beside the aerospire entrance vended cool drinks, and warm spiced lentils.

Level 4
The howl of sand perpetually grating smooth the skin of the Aerospire quelled, casting a veil of silence through the lobby, broken softly by sucks of deep breath and the clink of clothing flourishes.

A hollow groan came from beyond the contorted barrier leading to Flight Arm 6.

The Musharan known as Sanpor had been lying prone beside a desk and now stirred, leaving plain robes piled around his feet. Golden and mahogany light brought an orange twinkle to his eyes. The staff held before him swayed calmly with the rise and fall of his matted chest. He stood bare, save the Kwani-skin wrapped round his waist. Bronze circlets bound his wrists.

"...those Musharan wretches..."
Sanpor's decision was made for him by the biting words. He strode forward, toward Piverou. "My staff is yours, crystal bearer."

Last edited:
Level 8
Jack stood still and pondered for a moment. He had made the right decision, that he was sure of. Staying there and fighting could only result in his death, and that isn't what he wanted. "ah well... I guess I'll just go to my contact now." he giggles to himself, a few of the people look towards his direction as he skips away, leaving everything behind.

As Jack leaves the aerospire he turns into one of the many streets. "let's see... Steam engine revolutionaries & co... where is it." He walked a on and on searching for the company.

Level 20
For more information on DMI see MY post on the construction thread.

PlayerNameLast LocationAssumed Status

-Peper-
PeperTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
GunSlinger21LexTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
Fussiler1MurryTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active?
PhoonixJackTohlm, Nol, City Streets
Active?
Vengeance Mk2BurlTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Active
WalleHvatrúlfrTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Inactive
IronsideIronside(?)Tohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Inactive
WolfeLystraTohlm, Nol, The Aerospire
Inactive

Anything important related to player characters in the mod will be noted here, if they're sick, dead, in jail ANYTHING, have a certain item. It's a pretty unrestricted rp so expect some funny stuff to turn up here.

Peper

- Academy Disposition
+ Unknown Faction Disposition

Jack

n/a

Murry

+ Academy Disposition
- Unknown Disposition

Lex

- Academy Disposition

Sanpor

-- Academy Disposition (1+1 for being Musharan)

166805-albums3113-picture43218.png

Anything important related to in-rp lore, such as vital information about certain NPCs and the like will go here (e.g. they are captured/want rescuing). This should stay relatively empty at least for now.

OOC: Been tardy, my apolgies :p
Updated DMI including the Disposition effects of your choices (found under additional char notes).

Jack
As you meander down the busy streets you find no such shop, you do however come to a shoddy, thrown together iron signpost labelled with the following:

Aerospire
Business District
M k t - Some of the poorly painted letters having worn away

As you look up you find the crossroad itself surprisingly quiet, it's cobbled streets bare of anyone but the odd screaming child or rushing worker. Several shops including a 'Weapons Ere' are locked up and shut, not abandoned, just closed for the time.

General

"Your outmatched, get on a ship and leave Nol, leave Tohlm - go back to Brilmark mages, your not welcome here" Piverou spat.

The lead mage seemed to pause, taking in his words. He snarled and took in the Golems and fighters opposing them. "Damn you all! I'll have all your heads!" and with that he whirled away
"Serrepin, Giva COME!" the remaining bandits limped after him but the two young mages remained put, hoods high, gazing at Piverou's party expectantly.
"What are you doing?" one hissed to the other, obviously female.
"Waiting" the other - a male - replied.
"SERREPIN, GIVA COME NOW!" The old mage roared, having turned around.
"You to skinny man" he added quickly, nodding at Murry.

Nyviara piped up "Oh shut up you old coot!"
She cocked her head and flew gently between the two parties.
"What are you waiting for young mages? We won't give you the crystal".
They looked at one another and shook their heads before turning and heading after the old mage but not without glancing back.

Piverou ignored the exchange but beamed at the result, holding the Crystal high for all to see.
"Thankyou, my gratitude to you all, you have done more good than you can imagine - here Nyviara we need to take this back to Windloria"
He scratched his head awkwardly "You guys have done a lot for me, for us, but may I ask yet another favour of you? We need to get this crystal to Windloria, the northern continent safe and sound for inspection - I have no doubt that the Academy will try and intercept us, take it back before we can deliver it to the proper authorities. With your help we might just succeed, what say you?"

Level 8
"oooh, business district! i must be close." he yelled excitedly and skipped on, it had to be around here somewhere. he just knew it had to be, the messages he got didn't come from an imaginary company, that was for sure.

after a while he decided to ask for directions again in one of the other businesses, he skipped towards the nearest one and entered whit a loud "hello!"

Level 4
Sanpor had steeled himself for battle. He watched stoically as the backs of Mages' heads bobbed away, cloaks billowing against their legs, swishing over the hard stone floor. Barely audible disgruntled snorts and mumbles. The tap of staffs. Lift grates rattled and clanked open to accept the departing Academy potentates and their mercenaries. An ambiance of relief replaced the tense milieu. Sanpor sighed quietly. An opportunity lost...

Piverou's request brightened the dourly Musharan's spirits.

In the foreigner's tongue, Sanpor offered: "If another hand is useful, I am willing." He paused, eyes roving from man to pixie, a frown curling his thick mutton chops. "But," he squinted, "can I expect a favor in kind?"

General

"Once we get these back to their rightful owners, i'll make sure you all get a decent cut of the profits, ya?"

Thats when a thundering crash tore through the lobby, and all hell broke loose.

A massive golem, standing atleast 18 feet on its zenith, made of steel, bronze, and other more exotic metals broke into the lobby, its tundering footfalls and churning mechanations destroying empty boothes and soupstalls.

Level 4
Twisted shards of iron ricocheted and sparked as the grate gave way. Screams and crashes. The sound of tree limbs mashing and snapping, roots bursting from dirt holds. A massive golem. Papers and slips spiraled like wind blown leaves. Bowls flipped from counters, spraying boiling broth. A mass of wood was ripped from a steel frame, spitting splinters. The hulking projectile blurred an arm's breadth past the stout Musharan. A warm rush flicked his mane of hair. Shrapnel skipped over him. The golden staff in his hands whistled as it cut through the air. Sanpor hissed a curse, retreating from the enraged beast's plowing path...

Last edited:
Level 4
Sanpor quivered, drawing sharp gasps of air in momentary respite from the mayhem. The lobby had plunged into chaos. Reeling, he brandished his staff, carving a faint glimmer before his eyes, preparing the defense. Who wielded this fiend's reigns? Where was the crystal bearer and his pixie?

Last edited:
Level 4
The crunch of metal accompanied a puff of sparkling light and crumbling clay. The beast was no more; or at least crippled. Sanpor glared at the exit passageways... looking for movement, the flutter of a cloak in the shadows, the glint of light - any sign of the mages returning...

The Musharan voiced his worry: "Best not to linger in enclosed spaces." He shook his head, frowning and sighing.

"If we shall travel by road, my cousin raises pack Rama. He owes me the favor."

Last edited:
Level 20
OOC: Sorry guys, been working all weekend :3 Back to business!

General

"Enough!"
The room fell silent as a young, hooded figure strode between the remaining Golems and ruffians. Both parties frozen.

He turned to Piverou, still gasping and clutching the stone.
"Give it me and this ends here" he barked, hand outstretched in anticipation.
Piverou exhausted, said nothing but merely shook his head.
"So be it" the young man turned to the crowd, face all but hidden within his cowl. "I'm going to give you all... a choice".
He motioned to the lifts with a sweep of his hands "those of you who are mere bystanders and have better things to do, I sincerely apologise, you may be on your way" at this, the guards by all the lifts parted.
"Those of you who possess a desire to be useful and perhaps earn yourself a tidy sum"
he nodded to Piverou and Nyviara "Should help us detain these criminals".
"The rest of you, well we cannot be held responsible for your actions - side with him and the price on your head will match his".

Both parties have, you already said you'd go with the mages.
I mean sure change your mind if you want it's your disposition.. ;)
(just confirm one last time for me, sorry)

Level 20
OOC: Swore I posted a few days back - eh - sorry doesn't seem to have gone through

General

"And where do you think your going?" Sneered the leading mage as Murry turned towards Piverou's party.
"We had an agreement, did we not?".

Piverou noticing the exchange, stared expectantly at the uncertain man.

The golem shuddered, the crystal in piverou's hand sparked once, but fell silent.

"We have no more time for games, leave mages, this will not be the last you hear-"
a grunt interrupted his monologue, a heaving throw. "I'm not fighting no mages! take these god-damned crystals and go you evil bastards!" a man desperately, flinging a crystal over the crowd and running for an exit. his rasping breat and heavy, desperate footfalls were cut short by an arrow. he was dead before he hit the ground.

Piverou stood, with disbelief and shock in his eyes. "wh...."

A man cut in. "He was working with THEM!" he roared with fury.

Piverou raised his hand in silence. "Yes... probably, but we haven't the time for this. this is what they've been waiting for...." his voice shuddered slightly, and his grip tightened on the crystal...

Status
Not open for further replies.