• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pyritie's Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Yeah, as said work on your lighting, your lighting seems off and abit dull, TDR mentioned saturated shading for the darker tones, go with him on that instead of having a pale white light tone. This cant really be helped atm but just keep it in mind.
Its going good, im not good with clothe either, so i cant really help with that, but id like to note you should shade all of your dragon before getting into larger details with the clothe.
This is all i can say or think of atm :/

He keeps saying "use saturated shadows and desaturated highlights", and I am. Am I not doing it right?

Here are the colors for the main skin.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 214
Level 28
I can see that you don't like heavy shading. I prefer using it. It bumps the face and the details of the draw, and gives an impressive look. Poor draws with a balanced heavy shading makes you think that it is awesome.

And cool draws with heavy shading might give a much better impression.

Your draws are cool, so that could work!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The fireball (which I think you have drawn or it could be bad lighting), seems very dull and dim. Remember that this is a fireball cast from a dragon, not a cigerate lighter so it has to be quite a strong light emited from it that noticably colours the body otherwise it looks not very powerful.

Next to that it is still too early for any new critizims.

Level 28
oooOOOOhhhhhh

That is much better

I think you could work more on the cloth shadowing. But the shadowing of the wings are very nice!

I know, I was quite annying when saying "Add shadows here! Fix the shadow there!" and etc., but it is very cool.

Again, you should work more on the cloth shadowing. If you are skilled enough to shadow the wings like that, only a bit more practice in the clothes and you'll surely do it!

Let's see the finished work!

Level 15
Hello again, my scaly friend.

I've been looking upon your arts for weeks, and now I've decided to come here to tell you what I think about them. First, I always liked dragons (Fascinating creatures.) and your arts are looking superb, excellent work there, Pyritie!

About the scales, doing the scale shadings is indeed a hard work. But I believe you can do it, just take your time. I wish you luck and keep up with the good work, I'll be looking forward to see more of your arts!

And lastly, I hope I haven't bothered you with my post, but if I did, then I'm terribly sorry.

Level 15
Please, don't feel sad, Pyritie. Remember that practice makes perfect!

I'm also an artist, and I quite understand about these things. Even I can't draw many things well, but I'm always persistent. What I can't draw, I keep practicing from time to time.

And I want to confess, despite my age, that most artists here, including you, draw way better than me!

Don't worry, you can do it :thumbs_up:!

Please, don't feel sad, Pyritie. Remember that practice makes perfect!
:|

TheDivineBoss said:
Question: How long have you been working now on that dragon already?
Far, far too long. I can probably find out, but I'm too lazy. When this is finished I'll find out how long I've been working on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.