• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Prop Hunt Reforged

porCjVG.png

NEW VIDEO ON REFORGED:

OLD VIDEOS BEFORE REFORGED:

Optional modes each round that add more customization to the game
• Two main game modes (Endless/Rounds)

13 Different Playable areas that randomize each round

Previews
Contents

Krazykid's Prop Hunt Reforged (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b akaka's Prop Hunt by akaka / Crazykid RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 24/30 Terrain & Aesthetics: 17/20 Total Score: 41/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars: 25-39 2 Stars: 10-24 1...
Level 8
Hi KrazyKid, i just played this map today, and had a ton of fun. I like the concept of props who are killed joining the hunters. I was wondering, is there anyway for hunters in this to heal? It seems that because the damage taken from hitting non player props, it makes it hard for the hunter to continue if he is low on life but has not found anyone.

Thanks!
Hunters can heal if they pick up the health rune (Assuming runes are enabled). The reason I did not add a dedicated function for healing is that it has been decided as too op. Think about it like this. When a prop is killed it becomes a hunter. You gain 15 more shots for the hunter team because a hunter starts with 150 health (If you have 8 players excluding 1 because of starting hunter, that's 15 x 7 = 105 shots). And on-top of that you gain 50 health back for killing a prop yourself. It's made so that hunters don't always win but they can if they use their shots wisely. Most people never check to see if a prop has been shot before, which in most cases (late game) it already has been so it's a waste of a bullet. All you have to do is click on the prop and see if it's missing health, meaning you have already checked that prop and it doesn't need to be checked again. If it was easy for hunters it would be hard for props and the other way around. Let's also not forgot that since you gain 50 health for each prop you kill, there is a maximum of 8 players excluding yourself so if you kill all 7 props, you get 35 extra shots! All the hunters need is better team work :). The only hard part for a hunter is the start, if he can't get lucky in the first 15 shots or a find a health rune (if runes are on) then oh well.

Last edited:
Level 23
Hunters can heal if they pick up the health rune (Assuming runes are enabled). The reason I did not add a dedicated function for healing is that it has been decided as too op. Think about it like this. When a prop is killed it becomes a hunter. You gain 15 more shots for the hunter team because a hunter starts with 150 health (If you have 8 players excluding 1 because of starting hunter, that's 15 x 7 = 105 shots). And on-top of that you gain 50 health back for killing a prop yourself. It's made so that hunters don't always win but they can if they use their shots wisely. Most people never check to see if a prop has been shot before, which in most cases (late game) it already has been so it's a waste of a bullet. All you have to do is click on the prop and see if it's missing health, meaning you have already checked that prop and it doesn't need to be checked again. If it was easy for hunters it would be hard for props and the other way around. Let's also not forgot that since you gain 50 health for each prop you kill, there is a maximum of 8 players excluding yourself so if you kill all 7 props, you get 35 extra shots! All the hunters need is better team work :). The only hard part for a hunter is the start, if he can't get lucky in the first 15 shots or a find a health rune (if runes are on) then oh well.

Ahhh i completed missed the health rune. I only saw the speed rune on my first time playing it. Thanks for explaining it to me :)

Level 8
Thats true or add a few more doodads so props have more of a variation each time they play and stuff like that just an idea.. im just one that likes variation of things.. not the same thing over and over again. But, new and different game play would be a nice touch also, not sure what too add on that note but it would be nice.

I have some very fun things im going to add soon :). Let me give you a teaser of one of them: Sudden Death game mode which disables props from changing into another prop after they pick one the first time.

Level 8
Krazykid niceee mappp :) still updating niceee this map is fun and very well done :D i hope more improvements in the future :p
5/5 buddy! keep up! :goblin_yeah::goblin_good_job::infl_thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

:pwink:(panda random appears) u.U

OMG! This map is so funny when playing with friends. Remind me of Garry Mod: Prop Hunt.

Ahhh i completed missed the health rune. I only saw the speed rune on my first time playing it. Thanks for explaining it to me :)

That's a good idea!

NEW EPIC UPDATE! :)

-New Sudden Death Mode. If this is enabled, Players who are props will only be able to morph once in a single round.
-New Power Shot skill added to the hunters, instantly kills any prop targeted by this skill but removes 20 health when cast.
-New Tracking skill added to the hunters, tells you how many props are located near you within (500).
-Runes spawn more often.
-New Polymorph rune that transforms all player props into random props.
-New Teleportation rune that moves all players into a random location in the current arena.
-New Silencing rune that removes all of the hunter skills for 30 seconds if a prop picks up the rune.
-Created timer windows that display how long a rune effect lasts.
-New Pixelated shooting animation adding to the hunters

Last edited:
Level 1
dude the taunt should really only be usable if a hunter is nearby. Otherwise people just taunt all day because of 'le funy sound' and it pisses hunters off and they leave

secondly imo the transform should have a cooldown and maybe an option for random doodad and some kind of debuff for the hunter. So it would be hilarious if I could debuff the hunter but as a punishment i would get turned into a tropical doodad in the iceland area

Level 8
dude the taunt should really only be usable if a hunter is nearby. Otherwise people just taunt all day because of 'le funy sound' and it pisses hunters off and they leave

secondly imo the transform should have a cooldown and maybe an option for random doodad and some kind of debuff for the hunter. So it would be hilarious if I could debuff the hunter but as a punishment i would get turned into a tropical doodad in the iceland area

So your first idea, i dislike that. Based off my personal experience of 100+ games, no one has ever left from the taunts and if you have played real prop hunt you can taunt any time. So that's staying the way it is. However i like your second idea.

Level 1
So your first idea, i dislike that. Based off my personal experience of 100+ games, no one has ever left from the taunts and if you have played real prop hunt you can taunt any time. So that's staying the way it is. However i like your second idea.

Well you can dislike the idea itself but you cant really dispute the fact that the taunt doesnt give you any information on where it came from. So what's the point? There could be 5 prop players mocking and taunting constantly every second from the other corner of the map and the hunter is somewhere else. What's the point?

Level 8
Well you can dislike the idea itself but you cant really dispute the fact that the taunt doesnt give you any information on where it came from. So what's the point? There could be 5 prop players mocking and taunting constantly every second from the other corner of the map and the hunter is somewhere else. What's the point?

It's 3D sound, which you didn't notice obviously. If a prop is on the other side of the map and taunting, you won't hear him. The closer you get the louder the sound is, that's the point. Most people even play with the sound off before the game even starts. Sounds like a personal problem to me :p At most i can disable taunt sounds for certain players if they want them off.

Level 23
It's 3D sound, which you didn't notice obviously. If a prop is on the other side of the map and taunting, you won't hear him. The closer you get the louder the sound is, that's the point. Most people even play with the sound off before the game even starts. Sounds like a personal problem to me :p At most i can disable taunt sounds for certain players if they want them off.
I love the changes you have made Krazy. This map is super well made and my friends and i have been having so much fun playing it lately :)

Level 4
Great map and we really enjoy lanning it every time. Just a few suggestions from my side that will up the fun factor and laughs shared:
Hunter needs more hp on maps with more objects, hunters almost always lose when we play the game.
Make the houses also be a target for conversion, this is one of the funniest parts for me on the original prophunt, a running house with a ton of hp.
Make it so that you can pick up objects and move them around, except for big objects like houses. There's another prop hunt floating around with this capability, it's just not as modern as yours, but we often switch to that one for this purpose alone, so having it in this map, we'll stick to it for hours.
Make it so that props turn back into wisps after a certain duration, at our lans, it's basically -> run -> turn into prop -> position correctly -> stand up from your pc and go check what nonsense the other props are up to -> go back to your pc and taunt hunter. It would be hilarious if it was a random duration timer and the hunter is nearby and suddenly you turn back into a wisp and need to run for your life.

I haven't played the map in a month so these are the suggestions I can remember for now, will add more at the next lan :D

Level 8
Great map and we really enjoy lanning it every time. Just a few suggestions from my side that will up the fun factor and laughs shared:
Hunter needs more hp on maps with more objects, hunters almost always lose when we play the game.
Make the houses also be a target for conversion, this is one of the funniest parts for me on the original prophunt, a running house with a ton of hp.
Make it so that you can pick up objects and move them around, except for big objects like houses. There's another prop hunt floating around with this capability, it's just not as modern as yours, but we often switch to that one for this purpose alone, so having it in this map, we'll stick to it for hours.
Make it so that props turn back into wisps after a certain duration, at our lans, it's basically -> run -> turn into prop -> position correctly -> stand up from your pc and go check what nonsense the other props are up to -> go back to your pc and taunt hunter. It would be hilarious if it was a random duration timer and the hunter is nearby and suddenly you turn back into a wisp and need to run for your life.

I haven't played the map in a month so these are the suggestions I can remember for now, will add more at the next lan :D

I like some of the suggestions, however i will need to create a different mechanic for hunter health seeing it is something that is double sided in opinions. Sometimes i play and hunters have it so easy no matter what map we play on because too much health, and sometimes people tell me to raise it like you did with more health. I think what i will do is make main hunter start with 200 health. All the hunters after that (when he kills a prop) will have 100 instead. Also the reason i added runes is to make it so you don't leave your screen when you play as prop. Certain runes like teleportation rune, polymorph rune, and reveal rune will kill you if you afk.

Sudden death is also pretty fun in combination with runes if you are looking for a tough time being prop, or just choose to be a random prop at the start of the round.

I'm not sure if last time you played those features existed. Make sure it's the latest off of here.

Level 8
Fun new updates added, Props can now pickup other props to move them around and essentially confuse the hunter by placing props where they don't belong. Hunter also has a new ability to call a dog that will attack random props around it for 20 seconds and finding out which ones are incorrect.