• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PROOTH THAT THE NEW RACE OF THE EXPANSION IS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, everybody

some days ago I found this on a website, it was a pic witch features aswell as the blood elves aswell as the new comming race, if this is convidential, the new race will be the pandaren!

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/bloodelf.jpg

http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=414880

now, before you start screaming that this is fake let put it in order:

* the logo is not of BC yet but that might change soon, this might just be a blizzard picture before they changed that, in a beta face

* the background is of the orcs and trolls, maybe they change that later too and that this is just a dummy

* at the left side of stonetalon mountains is a small grey spot left whitch is still not "painted" witch means this can be the pandaren land since in the story, so I've heard their home is on the same hights as stonetalon and this also explains the suibject about the factions hoe location:

horde:

2 races kalimdor, 2 races eastern kingdom

alliance

2 races kalimdor, 2 races eastern kingdom

* and this also explains what the blizzard posters said that the alliance will get a "big" new race, so I've read...

* also this explains that the alliance will get a little more toucher race, the pandaren, a panda mixed with an orc look!!

* they can have simple racial threats like some nature skill

* they can easly get classes like: warrior (samurai panda) - rogue (samurai panda) - mage (panda with bamboe stick) - druid (shape shifting panda with bamboe stick)

* they can aswell feature the "maybe-comming" class thats called: Spell Breaker, so I've heard from a person who plays WoW from the start and read alot about it!! (yes I know the fact that blizzard said ore mentioned that they dont want to add new class!!)

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

;) :)

P.S. YES I KNOW, THE BLOOD ELF LOOKS ABIT LIKE THE ALREADY EXCISTING ONE BUT MAYBE THEY WILL LOOK LIKE THIS SINCE YOU CAN CHANGE FACE LOOKS ETC.!!

Level 25
Ooooookay, where to begin on you kiddo...

That picture is ANCIENT. I've been debunking that from the mere millisecond the expansion's name was released

Now for the actual hurt

Firstly, "Brtutal orcs". I don't need to say much about this, do I?

Secondly, there ARE NO NEW CLASSES

Thirdly, PANDAREN ARE AGAINST ARCANE CORRUPTION. LEARN2LORE. THEY CAN'T BE MAGES. JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY "ZOMG BAMBOOOOO" DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. Saying "zomg samurai" is not going to make them playable either. THEY CANNOT BE DRUIDS. THEY CANNOT BE MAGES. IF YOU EVEN SAY WARLOCK I SWEAR I WILL LAUGH AT YOU SO HARD YOU WILL DIE FROM SHAME

Forthly, those icons are PICTURES FROM SONS OF THE STORM. EVERYONE HAS SEEN THEM TEN HUNDRED FREAKING TIMES

Fifthly, Pandaren live on Pandaria and have an outpost in the Stonetalon Mountains

Sixthly, and most important, PANDAREN. ARE. NEUTRAL. They WON'T join the Alliance, they WON'T join the Horde.

Seventhly, the picture behind the Blood Elf is of Durotar. Ahahahah... No

Eigthly, Facial Hair is an option for the Blood Elves. Little thing about that... I don't think that Blood Elves can actually HAVE facial hair. I've certainly never seen any, aside from fanmade ones

Ninthly, the bloody Blood Elf isn't holding any weapons at all. There should at least be weapon nodes for holding it

And of corse, number ten...

That Blood Elf model is an ingame NPC

The following sentances describe the outcome of this

GG NO RE

Pandaren aren't the race

Stop bringing them up

Learn2Lore

Level 6

Gjee...

all i got to say, think that's enough about the shouting...

about my old post, people can make mistakes you know ;) not like people are all warcraft fanatics in here, I just like to play the game, not going to make it my job ;)

well, enough said about this subject...

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

;) :)

Level 14
Alright, lets think about this for a sec. First off, can anyone think of any other races that the alliance would have? (with the exception of high elves, but i think that's kind of unlikely). Secondly, who's to say that Pandaren's can't be mages or even druids? I mean, with that Storm-earth-fire ability the pandaren brewmaster has in WC3, the storm pandaren is pretty much a mage. That's just a little example, but my point is, why can't they be magic-wielders? Pretty much every other creature in the game has some kind of magic-wielder. Plus, who says they can't join the alliance? I mean, i didn't exactly expect the Forsaken to join the horde. I thought they would be more likely to just try and survive on their own.
Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'm not saying that the pandaren's are definetley going to be the race, but they are a possibiltiy.

Level 25
/target Tenebrae
/cast LoreSlaughter(Rank200)

Other races

Furbolgs. They have good relations with the Night Elves, and Blizzard could just say they were a lost tribe who didn't get corrupted
Earthen. Ancient relitives of dwarves, turn Uldum into a city for them! Obviously good relations with the dwarves
Rogue Dark Iron Dwarves. A group of Dark Irons who left their group and joined the Alliance. Giving a dwarven mage and warlock class on these alternative dwarves

Pandaren lifestyle

Pandaren, many ages ago, knew about arcane corruption. And guess which class is the one who suffers from Arcane corruption? Mages and Warlocks. The Pandaren gave up their former friendly relations with the Night Elves because the Night Elves had mages. Hence, Pandaren do NOT have mages. They could have shamans easily, and the Storm and Earth pandarens are probably both Shamans

They can't join the Alliance because they're not too much of fans of the Alliance. They feel it places too much weight upon treaties and the like, and they have more in common with the Horde, who they will also not join because they see them as "races in healing". Besides, their very core beliefs make them want to be and stay neutral

Also, it was said that they weren't going to be the race a long time ago

Level 14
Oh, i didn't here about that thing where their not the race. But if so, then that kinda sux. I thought the pandaren's would've made a cool race. And also, when I talk about mages, I guess what I meant was magic-users, like druids or shamans. But whatever.

I don't think they would add another dwarf-related race. The dwarves are cool enough.

I haven't read the entire warcraft history thing, so forget whatever I said. The only part I remember reading is the deal about the dwarf groups, and how the human civilations were started.

Level 25
The only things that make sense are Furbolgs really

What would be awesome is Nerubians, because they are awesome, but even I, a grand Nerubian fanatic, realises the odds of them being playable at all are pretty much nill

Rui

Rui

Level 41
No Obvious Relationship to Outland, unless their hatred for the Blood Elves abuse of magic counts. They might fit better in an expansion beyond The Burning Crusade.
It is unlikely that the pandaren will ever choose to involve themselves in the conflict on more than an individual scale. Pandaren who befriend either Horde or Alliance races will defend their companions against whatever threat, even members of the opposing side, but as a society they are totally neutral. Pandaren encountered outside the Barrens are wanderers and travelers, belonging to no affiliation. Their outlook meshes well with the Alliance, and most pandaren in Kalimdor are found in the company of Alliance races, particularly Ironforge dwarves. Pandaren are eccentric, however, and some feel more at home around the Horde

That's all.

About the Furbolgs, it's very possible. Following:

+ Night Elf connection.
+ Had their entire society shattered by the Burning Legion. This provides a strong reason for activity in Outland: revenge.
+ Connection to the Emerald Dream (which may be in expansion).
+ Have had many emotes added to them along with new animations.

This might help a bit. And remember that Night Elves use Druidism only, and the furbolg units in Warcraft 3 do not have arcane magic or voodoo, but the Purge on the Furbolg Elder Shaman ruins the scene a bit. As far as I know Purge is a shamanism spell.

Another race that has come up recently are the Ice Trolls.
+ Enemy of the Scourge.
+ Ice Troll mercenaries fought alongside Arthas (before he took up Frostmourne) and Muradin Bronzebeard.
+ Like Blood Elves, they are a slightly different version of an established playable race.
+ No signs of shamanism in their culture (the new Alliance race will almost certainly not have access to the shaman class)
+ Presence in starting zone of Dun Morogh.
-Frostmane tribe hostile to all Alliance races.
-Historic enmity with dwarves.
-No obvious relationship to Outland.

"We'll help ya fight the Legion, the Horde, the Scourge, whoever...just stop stealing our Shimmerweed!"

What do you people think about Ice Trolls?

Level 4
This is really hard.. I don't really think it'll be furbolgs, too shamanistic.

It could possibly be the Ice Trolls, I mean, who's to say, they're a whole different tribe away from the trolls who joined the Horde.

I personally think that Pandaren would make a good alliance race, even though they ARE NUETRAL AND ARE SHAMANISTIC! But still, think about it, it could be the opposite side of the mighty tauren, so it goes.

Human - Forsaken
Dwarves - Orcs
Gnomes - Trolls
Night Elves - Blood Elves
Pandaren - Tauren

Doesn't it make a good match? But mech is probably gonna blow me off saying that human and the orcs have fought each other for years and should be paired up, but that's not the point! The point is Pandaren is a good choice I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.