• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Promised Art Tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I heard somewhere that we would be getting art tools similar to what was available for StarCraft 2?

Has this happened?

I was able to easily make models for StarCraft 2, even though I needed a very specific version of 3ds max running on a XP virtual machine.

If not, what's a good way of making them, I've always wanted to for the last, I dunno, 13 years, and would like to cross it off my bucket list.

Thanks

Level 15
Finally someone mention this o.o
I thought I can be happy making models while the other suffering lol

Last time I heard it was when they have new cinamatics. Maybe the idea is scrapped.

Here is a possibility of what Blizzard thought:
“We already created ton of new assets. People shoud appreciate it by using them. We don’t think we need to share our art tools because it’s most likely used to import ripped copyrighted contents. Also people won’t bother make their own custom content because what theirs is ours.”
xd

Last edited:
Level 8
So im not a fool, they said they will give us tools for making custom models... Some people said no, they didnt promised anything lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.