• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Are Warcraft3 Art Tools good for 3ds max 5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well ive instaled art tools in the 3ds max 5 folder, then i started 3ds max 5 and it keeps saying loading some dll file and nothing happends, if i click i get the not responding message.

Now i cant install art tools again beacause it sayis there are already installed in the pc even if i deleted and reinstaled 3ds max 5.

Level 11
I have deleted 2 plugins that couldnt load and instaled art tools and it seems likes is working good.

Man wtf i sow u can export models but can u IMPORT MODELS?
I can import a model but see only the mesh, nothing else.

Can i import a warcraft3 model in 3ds max so i can see the

-mesh
-bones
-aimations
-texture

I mean verything, Pls tell me man.

Level 11
Tnx man it works fine right now.

Man i know a torrent were u can dld 3ds max 5 100% free no acount needed no nothing just dld it like a regular torrent dld, but i think is ilegal to post a link in here.
I mean everybody could use 3ds max 5 if they wont now.

Level 11
Hey man how do u set the path to the skin corectly coz i gives me error i try to set a path but still donest work.

1. So how do u make the texture work with this BlizzImporter?
2. Ive noticed that a animation that i did it works more crappy in the Magos ME why?

You need to cenvert the exported .blp textures into the .tga format, the Art Tools will automatically reconvert them back into .blp when u export the model!

u need the mdx pather (there are other ways to achieve the same, but this program is the easiest and fastest way to do it) get it over at wc3c, maybe its here in the tools section, too?

if u use ingame textures u need to set the texture's pathes to the exact same as in the .mpq (check those pathes with wc3viewer again)
if u use custom textures probably the path of the textures will be just xyz.blp with nothing standing before it!

because Magos ME is no official blizz tool and was made completely from scratch...
you may want to recheck the animations in the wc3viewer?
but if u want to be sure how it looks ingame u need to import it into a testmap and run it!

also, why should one dl 3dsmax illegally, if u can use gmax, which is almost the same, but for free and use BinkBoi's NeoDex script?

Status
Not open for further replies.