• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

And wtf is this when install 3dmax it says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
3ds max® is not installed at this location. You must install the Warcraft III Art Tools in the same folder as 3dsmax.exe.

what do i need to do

Level 7
how do i update it? or how i do to get it to work i can build modells in this tool aswell?

Level 7
omfg i try to install the art tolls but i dont have 3dmax studio where do i download it :S

Level 10
the obvious...

You CANNOT donload 3ds max as it is ILLEGAL, you have to buy it from discreet, you MAY be lucky enough to find a working torrent ot downlaod it, but nowadays thats highly unlikely and before you do, don't ask where tog et one, no-one will tell you, it is illegal.

Regards,
MadCD :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 7
ok but i dont know. Look all wana do is to edit modells like change them what program do i need and what to do download etc and a tutorial how to do it...

For example change sword with an axe or like make bigger head or sumthing like that on an existing unit what program do i need to make this and for making good textures aswell :p and how do i install it and so:

and magos i dont like because there u need to wright down the x and y stuff :S a program there i only need to modell easy....

and vertex modifiy doesent work on my pc its fucked up :S

Level 7
ye but vertex modifiy doesent work on my pc it says error system module sumthing :S

Milkshake3d can i edit modells with that program?
and milkshake 3d costs money omfg :S
is thara any free program :S whos not magos program :S

Last edited:
ye but vertex modifiy doesent work on my pc it says error system module sumthing :S

Milkshake3d can i edit modells with that program?
and milkshake 3d costs money omfg :S
is thara any free program :S whos not magos program :S
You can edit models in Milkshape 3D, yes.
Milkshape 3D do cost money, but it's way less expensive than 3ds max.

There is also gmax (which is free), but the Warcraft III export plugin might screw up the animations from what I've heard.

Level 7
this is awesome i taked trail version mybe i buy it but is there an tutorial for how to make a wc3 model in this program or how to edit a model i will be glad if there is any and if there video tutorials send me link because im total nub on this ::p i have hard to read so it will be great if there is any video tutorial :p like this how to make wc3 models or how to edit wc3 model with this program milkshape 3d :p

this is awesome i taked trail version mybe i buy it but is there an tutorial for how to make a wc3 model in this program or how to edit a model i will be glad if there is any and if there video tutorials send me link because im total nub on this ::p i have hard to read so it will be great if there is any video tutorial :p like this how to make wc3 models or how to edit wc3 model with this program milkshape 3d :p

I've found a guy from youtube that had made a few basic Milkshape video tutorials, but just for basic modelling (not model editing). Hope you can learn a bit from those.
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=tinyzoo

Alternatly, read Donut3.5's basic Milkshape tutorial.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41840

Level 7
one thing i cant select the vertex dots. lol omfg
omfg why it double posted i edit the post and it double posted :S

Level 36
I'll give you some friendly advice.

1) 3DsMax costs 3000 dollars. It is nearly impossible to find a copy of 4 or 5, as they came out many years ago, and certainly not through stores. Even new, you would only purchase the latest version, 9, if you had a lot of modelling experience, so much so that you are willing to spend three thousand dollars to have the best modelling software on earth.

2) 3DSMax is FAR more complicated than programs like Magos, Vertex Modify, and even Milkshape. This isn't a bad thing, as amazing creations can be made with all of the above programs, but for you, an absolutely beginner, the software would be completely foreign to you.

3) Gmax is free, and Milkshape is 40 dollars. These are better ways to learn about modelling and gain experience.

Level 21
You CANNOT donload 3ds max as it is ILLEGAL, you have to buy it from discreet, you MAY be lucky enough to find a working torrent ot downlaod it, but nowadays thats highly unlikely and before you do, don't ask where tog et one, no-one will tell you, it is illegal.

Regards,
MadCD :infl_thumbs_up:

Just because I thought this statement was arrogant... You CAN download 3ds Max. They have the freakin' download on their site. You can register it online :p

Status
Not open for further replies.