• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Recruitment - Life Of a Terran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Sorry Tylon, but it isn't easy. These guys are PROFESSIONAL voice actors, we're just normal guys. I can try, but it's not going to be as wonderful. I can always try asking a friend who's good at sound moding and mixing - maybe he will do somethin' nice about that.

Level 4
Yeah I know. But I'm pretty sure you can do much better, I want more energy in it.
Look, I am very grateful you guys are doing this. I'm about to do like a commercial for LoaT on YouTube, and it would be really cool to have a speaker in it.

Level 3
K, more energy put. :p
Try listening to it now.

And yeah, the sounds you can hear in background: I'll do something about that if I'll have to record "final version" of that.

BTW Sasuh: Canada?

Attachments

• LoaTx.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Level 12
Ok, I'll get my second version of the Welcome thing soon.

And you guys can't figure it out... lol

Tip: I live on a land where you guys propably think there are only ignorant people, and that are no cities at all, and blah blah blah. (That vision is completely wrong, yes, but as far as I can see, everyone I knew think of that from my country. And as you can see, some of us are very civilized.)

Edit: Tylon, I want to learn how to sound design. Or at least sound design specific for editing voice acts. I'll be able to help better and you'll have less weight on your shoulders. I use Sound Forge Pro (Trial version >_>)

Last edited:
Level 4
@Palid That's better, but it sounds like you are saying "terrain" instead of Terran. Also, say News and Updates slower. Sounds like "newsndupdates".

@SasuhKun China? I have never used Sound Forge, so I can't tell you HOW to do it. But it's simply what you'd think it is. Like cutting away tongue smack sounds, increase bass, speed up or slow down, or even deepening your voice.

Level 3
Sasuh: You're from somewhere in Africa? That's just a wild guess.
Btw. People in US think the same about Poland, so nope, it's not good tip for me. :p

Tylon: yeah, I did notice that. Somehow I couldn't say 'terran' that day, and it sounded like that all the time. :p
And... which was one the best so far from the X?

Level 3
x4 recorded in a few minutes after school. Sounds pretty much like x3, except that the last sentence got longer a few seconds.

Attachments

• LoaTx4.zip
    936.9 KB · Views: 70
Level 3
Sasuh: Reduce the microphone volume a little, move it further and just say the things you have to a little louder. It should do the job good enough.

Level 4
This is a Starcraft 2 map.
Wouldn't post it in SC2 forums if it was a WC3 map...

Facepalm.jpg

Level 12
Nice facepalm pic.

Guys, it appears we have a problem. It's not that major, but it exists. Apparently, a bit of the bottom of forum sigs are being cut off on THW; they're too big. I suggest shrinking the height by a few pixels, or shrinking the black glow around it.

Level 12
Oh wait, so that's NOT the cutoff? If you open it in a new tab (chrome) or view image (firefox) it really looks ugly... You should remove the glow and redo it, it cuts off. Pretty ugly, IMO.

Level 1
Oh wait, so that's NOT the cutoff? If you open it in a new tab (chrome) or view image (firefox) it really looks ugly... You should remove the glow and redo it, it cuts off. Pretty ugly, IMO.

I'm sure he's doing the best he can, dude. :spell_breaker:

Level 8
I sure hope so. I won't downgrade you guys until I see the finished product of course. If you guys do it right, it could be pretty fun. But, Loap is ridiculous. You play for hours doing the same damn thing, unless you know about any of the hidden secrets. Anything slightly enjoyable in those games was hidden from everyone except the editor and his friends. Lol.

Level 4
As Grygon is saying, LoaT will indeed be very different from LoaP. We kinda chose the name so people will recognize it and know what it's about.

How you describe LoaP is exactly what we are going to work hard on to avoid.

If you are interested, you can go our website, and then check out the Draft Ideas - Which is our ideas of the core gameplay and elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.