1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Project Recruitment - Life Of a Terran

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by Doctor-Pepper, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Project Name: Life of a Terran
    Team name: Team LoaT
    Release Date: When it's done.
    Website www.LifeofaTerran.com
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/lifeofaterran

All clan members are required to use Google Docs, Twitter and Microsoft Live Messenger
    Support our projects by using this image in your signature http://lifeofaterran.com/Signature/Fan.png

Clan Log shows the most recent activities inside the clan.
    Draft Ideas Preview of the draft map ideas so far.

Join The Team
    How to be a good Clan Member tutorial

[​IMG]

Main Idea
    We have all played Life of a Peasant, right. It's a wonderful map where Police, Mafia, Drug Lord and a bunch of peasants are trying to making a living while working, killing, driving, buying, selling and much more.
    With its great success in WC3 it's only a matter of time before a similar map will be released on Starcraft 2. So lets grab this opportunity and be the first to start a project that thousands of people will enjoy.
    However, in Wc3 - Life of a Peasant has suffered from huge imbalances and retarded remakes. Lets not make those mistakes. Protect the map and get it right from the first time.
    I am talking about balanced, dynamic, fast-paced and engaging gameplay that is fun to play for casual gamers, hardcore fanatics and even time wasting newbs!

[​IMG]

Here is where YOU come in. We are looking for:
    • T.E. Trigger Editor
      Create triggers and edit data.

• T.D. Terrain Designer
      Design and edit the terrain.

• W.D. Web Designer
      To help maintain and update our website.

• I.D. Image Designer
      Creating custom images for e.g. icons, loading screen, minimap, forums and tutorials.

• BR. Brainstormer
      Brainstorm ideas, gameplay elements, stories and more.

• P.A. Promotional Agent
      Promote the map on different forums, websites, Battle.net and such.

• F.M. Forum Moderator
      To maintain and take care of our forum. Help people out. Ban spammers.

• M.D. Model Designer
      Create new models, edit existing models, create new animations.

• S.D. Sound Designer
      Record youself, edit the recordings, sound effects, music and more.

Team Ranking
    All new members will start with Freshman rank. When you have completed your qualification tests, you will be promoted to Map Developer.
    If you are good at a specific skill field, you can earn stars for it. First, you earn up to 3 silver stars, then the silver stars becomes gold stars.
    When you get 2 silver stars, you get promoted to Advanced Map Developer rank.
    If you earn 1 gold star in a specific skill field, you get promoted to Field Leader, and are the leader for that specific field. E.g. ID. (Image Design) Leader or Tr. (Terrain) Leader.
    If you earn 3 gold stars overall, and show great leadership, you can get promoted to the highest possible rank Team Leader. Team Leaders have control and can decide many things for the team.
    Rank Tree
    [​IMG]

For now, these are the probable team members:
    Doctor-Pepper One of the project leaders, can also Trigger, Terrain, Web Design, Image Design, Story Writer.
    [​IMG]

Tylon One of the project leaders, Web Design, Image Design, Trigger, Terrain, Sound Designer.
    [​IMG]

Hero_Lief Image Design, Story Writer, Trigger, Terrain.
    [​IMG]

Grygon Terrain, Trigger.
    [​IMG]

HoloProject
    [KICKED FROM THE TEAM]
    [​IMG]

Jafool Forum moderator and Sound designer
    [​IMG]

Bunch of Fans Anybody can become a fan
    [​IMG]

Financial Aspect
    As we all know Blizzard will include an option to charge money for a Custom Made Map. However, LoaT will be a FREE multiplayer map! And if by any chance the game will get popular and very successful, we might create a PREMIUM versions of the map that includes various improvements and expansions.
    All profits will be split between the project members based on their input!

About The Map
    Life of a Terran is going to use the best ideas from the best games.

Life of a peasant: Huge open world with unique and different gameplay, depending on your class and side choice.

Kings and Knight: Working and playing for a king, having a boss. Dealing with superiors and subordinates.

Battleships: Endless upgrades and ability possibilities.

Monopoly 3D: All in real-time, buying and selling property, earning or losing money depending on your choices and game economy.

Call of Duty: Game transferable rankings, perks, rewards and levels. This is very important for the replayability. Every time a player replay the map, he will make progress. Trying to achieve an ultimate goal or a medal/achievement.

The map should be economy driven. Different events will have different impact on the economy/player income/prices , gameplay, difficulty.
    The map will also be player triggered event driven.

Example:
    A player could become a scientist and release a serious virus that will turn humans into zombies/zergs. Suddenly the gameplay changes into the survival map. Improving the pharmaceutical and weapon economy, but destroying all other sectors.
    Successful player could gather enough resources to launch a nuke, destroying everything and ending the game, but earning an important achievement that would give him an advantage in the next game.

As a player you will be able to join one of the 5 sides:

-Law Enforcement
    -Gangs
    -Drug Business (harvesting crystal meth)
    -Industry
    -Just be a neutral citizen

Players who choose the industry will have a fat paycheck, but will have to deal (turf money /protection) with police and gangs.
    Citizen, industry and police income will depend on the world economy. If the banks get robbed, a lot of drug dealers on the street, cops getting killed, the overall economy will be bad. If the town is upgrading, drug dealers are under control, properties are safe, economy will do well.
    Citizen and industry will also have an option to evade taxes (bonus 30% on the income). That also will result in bad economy. The cops would be able to trace tax evasion, and arrest non tax paying player.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  2. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hell... it's about time!

NOT! This is seriously a stupid idea. There are enough of these maps to make one vomit.

3. cookies4you

cookies4you

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do like the use of quotes and the pretty pictures though!

4. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, that pic with the skyscraper, the road and the chasm on the right freaking attracts me! My gosh SC2 is so perfect for a cityscape and my current map is that. This is teh city skyline!

5. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The map doesnt has to be like LOAP from wc3.
    It would be an amazing, fun and balanced project that uses the best ideas from the best game.

6. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    All I can say is, I want this SC2 sooner, I wanna do a real modern/future cityscape map with those skyscrapers and roads in the images and not some stupid war3 interface haviung to turn all into another game, coz I already gave up doing that. Yes, this may make LOAP look like a pathetic crap, oh wait I dont know LOAP coz I dont play customs.

7. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Maybe if you need a story maker, i could be in...

8. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, story maker would be great. And the best thing about the story is that you can start writing before the map comes out.
    Ill count you in

9. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ok i guess... now some questions, is this in the starcraft universe, real life thing, or one that i can make up?

10. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :D completely fictional. However, do have have to exchange ideas first. To get you thinking in the right direction.

11. kRaZy-bLaZeR

kRaZy-bLaZeR

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll join

12. kRaZy-bLaZeR

kRaZy-bLaZeR

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait...You know Starcraft II only supports 8 player games..?

13. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its 8 players in the ladder, 12 players in the custom game

14. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Quite correct. now i am going to base this game in a custom universe, i can also do terrain + manager stuff. i'm going to learn C soon, and the galaxy scripting laguage is C so that should work out...

15. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    Eh sure, I can do terrain, triggers in C, and storyline for ya.

16. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Umm i do belive i just signed on for those positions.

I can do pretty much all of the positions if i can learn C.

17. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you juggle 5 bowling balls while vaccuuming in a swimming pool that contains hydrochloric acid as you're being shot at while your house is on fire with a baby inside the oven heated to 550 degrees with 20 gallons of nitroglycerin ready to explode nearby 20 ft. away from the world's biggest house of cards using real diamonds for the diamonds and human hearts for hearts as Christ is making his second coming in the living room while the anti-Christ emerges from the bathroom during December 21st of 2012 while the world is ending?
    CAN YOU?!

18. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Managed to do all those things except the date, ill post pictures on facebook later [the hardest part was to find a swimming pool full of HCl]

gtz

19. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    thankfully, no but why did you ask?

Pepper, so is my story option ok?

20. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, ive added your name to the 1st post.
    As a qualification task for the storyline writer, can you write pre-history for the police chief and gang boss. Like how they got there, why they are there, what are they doing in the city. It can be everything, from a local town boy growing up and becoming a chief of police, trying to keep order in his town to a crazy conspiracy theory where the secret CIA agent goes undercover as a police chief, searching for the dead brother of jack bouwer who recovered nuclear activation code but was kidnapped on the boarder of Afghanistan.
    The same goes for Darkness-4ever, its best if you guys work together.