• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Project] - Aliens - The 1986 Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
aliens_002.jpg

Breif Movie Description

The sequel to Alien is a non-stop, high-tech, war movie, with Space Marines. Ripley is found in deep space by a salvage ship, 57 years after narrowly escaping with her life - and her cat - at the end of Alien. She then discovers The Company have colonised the planet (LV-426) where the alien was first encountered. When contact with the colony is lost, The Company send a team of Space Marines, with Ripley as an "advisor", to find out what has happened.

Map Concept

Ok so the Map see's you starting off at the point where the Marines and Ripley Land on LV - 426, to start the investigation of the downed communications.
From this point the Gameplay will follow the Movie almost identically, all be it the Editor will allow.
If you are a Die hard Aliens fan like myself, or if you have only seen the Film once, you will more than likely know what happens during the film, and also the ending.
Im wanting to Include everything that happens during the film, including Bishop crawling through pipework, Bishop controlling the 2nd Drop ship, the exciting APC chase through the Atmosphere Processor, the final getaway in the dropship that Bishop is piloting, and much more...

In Game Features

- Right from the start of the map you'll be able to switch between any character
- Control Numerous Vehicles. (Dropship, APC and the Powerloader Exso suit)
- Use numerous weapons. (M-41A Pulse Rifle, M-56 Smartgun, M-240 Flamethrower, and use the extremely scary OMFG! Motion detector! you know you hide when you here the noise that baby gives off(Please see Attatchment)).
- Follow the story as you battle against the Alien menace
- Dialog and Cinematics, again accurate to the Film.

Recruitment

Terrainer, Cinematics, Dialog, and sound done by me - Saintbob

Available Spaces.

- Trigger Editor - I'm currently looking for an experienced Triggerest, who is enthusiastic and committed. Someone who is passionate about the Film is a must! The game will be played either as FPS/TPS or a combo of both, so someone who is experienced in making this style work is a must also.

- Model Designer - I'm looking for an Artist who wants to really show off their artistic skills creating custom units, and terrain objects. (such as the Marines, Ripley, other characters, Weapons, Vehicles, Aliens, and the Alien Terrain), as there is alot of Art that needs to go into this, to make it seem as authentic as possbile, im looking for someone who has a experience. As there is potentially too much art work to do here for just one Designer, i'm looking for more than 1 designer.

- Image Designer - I'm looking for an Image Designer, who is able to create custom Images, including icons, buttons, loading screen.

Progress

The current map progress at the moment is at the Terrain Stage.
At this moment in time, I'm currently working on a very basic Terrain so that I can start to get people in the project to get the triggers working, and general gameplay running.
Once I have a Model and Image Design team in place, I can then start to add more detailed Terrain.

Screen Shots

None as Yet...

... I will upload new screen shots as the Terrain Develops, but untill I have a Model Designer, im only using Sc2 standard units.
Same for the Terrain.

Links

- IMDB for Aliens - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/

- Wiki for Aliens - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_(film)

- H.R Giger (Creator of the Alien!(Must See!!!)) - http://www.hrgiger.com/

Attachments

• Aliens tracking Loop.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 64
Level 2
This I'm really looking forward to, had to register just to tell you that! A suggestion I'd like to make is to reduce the UI usage/visibility as much as possible. Try to have indicators for ammo/health show up "ingame", think Dead Space. Or you could have stuff show up when mouseovering or something. The sence of horror really increases when those "distractions" arent there.

Good luck with this!

I just finished watching the whole series like a week ago, too, lol.
I'd love to help. I'm not an amazing triggerist, I can mainly do basic stuff, like interface commands, -unit enters here, do this-
That kinda stuff. Can't say I'm too good with creating a whole new UI.
Definitely not an SC2 model designer.
Image designing I can definitely do. Not a problem.
Send me an email, or PM me (I'd prefer an email, tbh)

[email protected]

Looks like an interesting game idea. I'd love to join.

Level 3
I for one didnt understand mutch about the game, any more then it's going to be based on the movie.

did I understand correct; is it a single player game?
You didn't mention all that much or is it just me? ;o

The game will take place at the point, ripley and the marines land on LV-426 to investigate the downed communications, Its going to be based so much on the game, that the player hopefull will feel like they are actually playing the movie.
I want Dialogue, cinematics, animations to be as accurate as possible.

At this point its singleplayer, but hopefully I will be implementing multiplayer.

I just finished watching the whole series like a week ago, too, lol.
I'd love to help. I'm not an amazing triggerist, I can mainly do basic stuff, like interface commands, -unit enters here, do this-
That kinda stuff. Can't say I'm too good with creating a whole new UI.
Definitely not an SC2 model designer.
Image designing I can definitely do. Not a problem.
Send me an email, or PM me (I'd prefer an email, tbh)

[email protected]

Looks like an interesting game idea. I'd love to join.

I'll be in touch. :D

They mostly come out at night, mostly.

That's it man, game over man, game over! What the ***k are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.