• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Recruitment - Life Of a Terran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
True, you failed. No offence.
Just... don't you think project got too ambitious with all the idea? I mean it's loap'. It should be simple and fun. So easy even tween moron (a.k.a. average SC2 custom map player) could play it.
We've went over that many times, LoaT wasn't supposed to be LoaP. The idea was taken from LoaP, but we wanted a much more complex map. We wanted it to be deeper.
But sure, we probably got a bit ahead of ourselves with all the ideas of jobs that would require some serious coding.

Same thing was happening with my project.
Half of the members left, we reorganized, and are now making twice the progress.

The heigharchy throws people off tbh. Alot of people want into projects, but htey dont understand that theirs wok involved, not enough people join to make somthing like that useful unfortunatly... :/

Well i wish you luck in your future endeavors.
You are absolutely right, and this is something I came to understand when it was too late.

I must say that I am impressed by that you still got your team up and running.

Hate to say it (not really), but this is somehow ironic.
Yes, it is ironic. ^^
Nice to see you again btw, Hero. Are you working with a new team?

Level 27
By the way, in all your gameplay... I think you should make the sides more obvious.
Like this
Law side:
-Police (starting from basic guards, ending with chief of police)
-Recieves upgrades when economy factor is positive.
-Recieves income percent from all legal business.
Outlaw side:
-Mafia (From henchmen to Godfather)
-Recieves small percent income from all illegal businesses.
-Recieves upgrades when economy factor ispositice.
Wealth seekers/busninessmen/ex-neutral side:
-Ordinary people (From average workers to Corporation owners)
-Gets cash from legal or illegal business, can even combine both types.
-Spends it's own cash to get upgrades.

So see, this way the way people interact is more obvious. Plus their would be regular lives for all. Oh, and drug business is ilegal industry.
Now talking about business, these are the types of it:
-Agriculture [Farming and things like that, requires a lot of land to be used, but can be expanded a lot] [The illegal version is Drug dealing] [Pharamceutical counts as this one too, since the ferments or stuff like that will need to be extracted from rare plants or stuff like that, but will require more sophisticared equipment than food farms]
-Souvenirs or any other nonsence [Doesn't require any land to own, can be done anywhere, not so profiting, but this is more like crafting] [Illegal version... well it depends from the items made]
-Weapons [very profiting and expensive] [ileagal or legal, depends to who you sell the weapons]
-Hi-tech/research [Provides goods needed for upgrades and hi-tech expensive equipment for more advanced businesses] [Can also cause events as you said]
-Heavy machinery [provides equipment for advanced businesses] [also responsible for mining, refining gathered resources and vehicle production] [Gives income to both sides, illegal and legal]
-Real Estate [Buying and selling buildings and land to other people and using it as business structures, like shall we say Night clubs and libraries as legal income and public houses and stuff like that as illegal] [Also it effects not only how it's used, but to who it's sold. Like cops and mafia can use it for their own purposes]

Level 12
Yes I am. Tier Three. Some very promising maps are coming. Oh, and I permanently got Windows. Lol. That was my major problem in LoaT.

Level 10
I joined a 40k Group where we are starting to make our own lore and stuff like that. And we are pro-40kers that have been playing the hobby for more than a decade. So yeah I am busier.

Level 4
By the way, in all your gameplay... I think you should make the sides more obvious.
Like this
Law side:
-Police (starting from basic guards, ending with chief of police)
-Recieves upgrades when economy factor is positive.
-Recieves income percent from all legal business.
Outlaw side:
-Mafia (From henchmen to Godfather)
-Recieves small percent income from all illegal businesses.
-Recieves upgrades when economy factor ispositice.
Wealth seekers/busninessmen/ex-neutral side:
-Ordinary people (From average workers to Corporation owners)
-Gets cash from legal or illegal business, can even combine both types.
-Spends it's own cash to get upgrades.

So see, this way the way people interact is more obvious. Plus their would be regular lives for all. Oh, and drug business is ilegal industry.
Now talking about business, these are the types of it:
-Agriculture [Farming and things like that, requires a lot of land to be used, but can be expanded a lot] [The illegal version is Drug dealing] [Pharamceutical counts as this one too, since the ferments or stuff like that will need to be extracted from rare plants or stuff like that, but will require more sophisticared equipment than food farms]
-Souvenirs or any other nonsence [Doesn't require any land to own, can be done anywhere, not so profiting, but this is more like crafting] [Illegal version... well it depends from the items made]
-Weapons [very profiting and expensive] [ileagal or legal, depends to who you sell the weapons]
-Hi-tech/research [Provides goods needed for upgrades and hi-tech expensive equipment for more advanced businesses] [Can also cause events as you said]
-Heavy machinery [provides equipment for advanced businesses] [also responsible for mining, refining gathered resources and vehicle production] [Gives income to both sides, illegal and legal]
-Real Estate [Buying and selling buildings and land to other people and using it as business structures, like shall we say Night clubs and libraries as legal income and public houses and stuff like that as illegal] [Also it effects not only how it's used, but to who it's sold. Like cops and mafia can use it for their own purposes]
We basically already have this written down in the map notes. Well, except Real Estate, because it would take some CRAZY coding and would probably be the last thing we'd add.

Yes I am. Tier Three. Some very promising maps are coming. Oh, and I permanently got Windows. Lol. That was my major problem in LoaT.
Nice, can you give a link to your website/forum thread or something? Hahah, grats on your Windows copy. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.