1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Project Recruitment - Life Of a Terran

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by Doctor-Pepper, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Tylon

Tylon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We sure have some ideas, but right now we only share the basic overall gameplay idea. I guess every member of the team has his own fun idea, but those have not been shared and written down yet.

If you want to check out this basic gameplay info, look here.

2. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So the rumors were true,
    your ARE alive!
    Its kewl, but dont do that when we are working on the real project, though.
    I mean, you write WorldPress on the frontpage of our website, tell us ull finnish it 2morrow, and off you go :)
    I'll upload more info about the jobs and the gameplay by the end of the week.

Hero_Lief, ive readded you to google docs last week, but you have to admit, 20 days for a simple story submission is way past the deadline

3. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, understood, didn't know you readded me.
    Hey, I've got a tidbit of info?
    I'm in the BETA. So I can get us an editor ASAP.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm having trouble, but I know how to fix it.
    Can you share the folders with me using the share option?

4. Tylon

Tylon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehe, yeah sorry. But when the editor is out, you won't have to worry about that. 'Cause I won't be wanting to leave the computer for atleast half a year. ^^

Also, Hero_lief - Since you're having these problems with the docs sharing, I invited you again. Try and see if it works now.

5. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I did graphical design, triggering, and terraining too.
    I'll get around to doing triggering as soon as I can get the WE working in Ubuntu.
    I already have the graphical image though and I'll get that uploaded sooner or later. Gotta find it. It's SOMEWHERE on my 500GB hard drive... (which is almost full)

EDIT: No, Tylon, I actually need you to share the folders with me. It's not letting me do it any other way for some reason?
    EDIT2: Ahah, it's working now. Added the story, finding that damned image...

6. ElectricSaiyan

ElectricSaiyan

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Isn't that a little ridiculous to have an extremely short deadline on a game that isn't even out yet?
    Y'all have at least 2 solid months of being able to plan (if not more).

Anywho, I loved LoaP (not ALL of the crazy editions, but the idea of it), so I'm excited for the map.

7. Tylon

Tylon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad to hear you're excited for the map. =)

But you are right, it would be a little ridiculous having a short deadline for a game that isn't out yet. But it's not about that. This was a qualification test, and it isn't very helpful having a story writer that takes a month to write a short story, right?

Now, Hero_Lief had problems with his computer. But he has sended in a short story, and have passed that test. So this is not directed to you in any way, Hero_Lief. ;)

8. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, we are just filtering bad apples. When the project starts, and we need a minimap image, or a specific trigger, we cant wait few weeks until someone has free time to work on it. The deadline would be probably few hours later.
    It's not cool to let an entire team wait because you have to visit you grandmother and play xbox for 6 days.

9. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  10. Tharkas

Tharkas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I can see that you already have a bunch of storywriters working in the project, but I still would like to join the team as a writer for later projects, or for this one helping the main writers and covering their absences. That doesn't mean that I'd still like to be one of the main writers, but too much people working in the same story can be troublesome.
    Anyway, I readed that first I have to pass a writing test, so I'm expecting your response.

11. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  12. Tharkas

Tharkas

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is an exception since I'll normally be able to write only in weekends, but here it goes.

Btw, I already have some experience writing stories for a modding project.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  13. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
  14. Tylon

Tylon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    o_O

Now THAT'S what I call a story!

Congratulations, you are now a part of the crew. Login to google docs with your google account. I haven't talked to Pepper about this, but hell, I won't miss this opportunity. ^^

Also, we don't have a bunch of storywriters. Actually, we just have one except Pepper.

15. Palid

Palid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey Pepper! Do you need dedicated testers? :)

16. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sure, in about like a year or something

Tharkas, yeah, what can i say, gj. Lets see if you can also be active in the long run

17. Tylon

Tylon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We just got our hands on the editor and have barely started yet, so it will be a while before we need testers. But I can PM you when we need one.

EDIT: @Pepper - Rofl, you posted like 5 sec before me. ^^

18. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I HAVE CREATED MY FIRST TRIGGER
    MUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

[​IMG]

MUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAMUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

19. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Testers! That's a thing I can do! (I have enough creativity to... create a good history, but I'm too lazy to do so.)

GALAXY EDITOR!!! *-*

20. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Any more screenshots to share? Glaxy Editor is like a nectar of the gods for us.