• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mapmaking Trio Team Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to start by saying that I have watched teams come and go, and have watched them fall by and by, on stupid stuff, because they were too bulky, and their leaders couldn't keep them together. I like the social feel of teams, but feel they do not go far enough, and are often too large. Now, recently the idea came to me to make a mapmaking team that does not collaborate on one large project, but works together to create many smaller, singular, but very unique maps. By pioneering new heights, we make our name in the sc2 community, and do so together.

For this to work, the team must be small, and efficient. There is need of a terrainer and a coder, as I am a data editor. Any type of outside resource maker will be outsourced(music, models, etc.) We, as a team, are only using what the editor has to offer. If you are starting one part of a project you would need to have a good timeframe for which you could produce a reasonable and consistent rate of work per week. If you are not able to do that part of the project at that time, we will wait for the person who's turn it is to work for their schedule to free up. (In the case of consistency, 1 thing done a each time you work every day is better than 4 things done each time you work at random intervals during the week.)

If you wish to be one of the three, first check that you can code and terrain efficiently, then submit your resume. Your resume includes any photos, maps, or just generally work done in any game or project relating to the field you wish to apply for. For those less known people, as well as those famous within the wc3/sc2 community, I would like to conference you by pm. I need to get a feel of your personality. Also, I need to inform you, I want absolutely NO elitism, intolerance, or anything of the sort, because I need to make sure you work well with your teammates. The two picked will be the people who are the most well-natured, reasonable and logical, most efficient, and most coinciding people. Remember, I, and whoever I pass the leadership baton to when I retire, will have the power to change the team any time. So watch your step if you prove to not be fulfilling your role, or are not being good natured and kind to your two teammates.

You may now begin posting your application, or discussing this idea. I hope I may find those people on hive, though I may have to try other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.