• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mapmaking team SMILE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Exciting%20Smile.png

Smile stands for Superb Maps from the International Legion of Engineers
Dont feel like reading? Listen to the audio file in the attachment :)

Cheesy right? Thats how we like it!
What started as a team project Life of a Terran evolved into a great mapmaking team.
We are only searching for active members that know or are willing to learn multiple skills as Triggering (TE), Image Design (I.D. - photoshop), Forum Moderators (FM), Model Designers (MD) and other.
You can register on our website www.LifeofaTerran.com
If you want to be a part of the team, you will have to use Live Messenger, twitter and google docs for team communication.
We are all working on one project at the time. Current test project is Terran Troopers
After the release of starcraft II most of our members will start working on Life of a Terran, but we will probably create additional teams to work on other projects.

We have custom team signatures, ranks, website, forum and awesome team members.
You are welcome to become a part of the team!

Support our projects by using this image in your signature http://lifeofaterran.com/Signature/Fan.png
Click User CP from the top, select Signature from the bottom left covrner, set the url above inside tags
If needed, customized fan signatures can be created with custom name and avatar

[hidden=Terran Trooper][center]
[img]http://docs.google.com/File?id=drsvdw5_51fbzxnzx2_b
85976d1279459539-mapmaking-team-smile-tt.jpg

[/center][/hidden]

Attachments

• Smile.rar
    657.8 KB · Views: 71
  • TT.jpg
    TT.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Smile stands for Superb Maps from the Internation Legion of Engineers
Yeh right, I seriously doubt you are all Engineers. Especailly since you are recruiting artists.

The screenshots are confusing. The first one shows an apparent lighting testshot with unhelpful graphic information and a player owning a few roaches which he is moving. The other is of a test map apparently with a lot of custom UI clutter probably made to see how the UI work.

Level 5
Yeah, the first screenshot is old. We need to post several new screenies ASAP. Ill make a couple that make more sense than these.

Level 3
Yeh right, I seriously doubt you are all Engineers. Especailly since you are recruiting artists.

The screenshots are confusing. The first one shows an apparent lighting testshot with unhelpful graphic information and a player owning a few roaches which he is moving. The other is of a test map apparently with a lot of custom UI clutter probably made to see how the UI work.

Main Entry: en·gi·neer
Pronunciation: \ˌen-jə-ˈnir\
Function: noun
a person who carries through an enterprise by skillful or artful contrivance.

Turns out they could be all be engineers, despite the fact I don't think the team name was entirely serious, they even called it cheesy themselves. Judging from the logo alone I don't know why you'd take the name seriously. And even if they aren't who the fuck cares, get off their back, all you do is post on every thread on these forums and act like you're some kind of god.
As far as I can tell you aren't even very good at making maps or resources. Maybe a good understanding of the technical processes, but no creativity, nothing unique, nothing worth playing.

Why are you still even a moderator, it gives this website a bad name to let people like you run things. You abuse your position and just flame people all day.

ontopic
The map looks like it could be interesting, the screenshots don't show very much. I don't see how the second screenshot could be considered cluttered, especially considering the inventory panels are probably maximized and can be minimized. Otherwise it actually looks like very minimalistic and not too bad

You really should of retaken the first screenshot without the text and maybe even without the roaches, but i think the lightning you're using looks decent. Perhaps make the lighting darker(at night obviously) and the floodlights brighter so you almost need the light to see the zerg?

Status
Not open for further replies.