• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sc II Dev Team Recruiting [Nameless]

Dev Team Name :

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello!

I am interested as an active terrainer. I am 17 years old, about to be a senior this coming school year. For college I'm interested in Video Game Design, and I think working on a team will be useful for me, as I have worked alone on various projects for 7ish years (WC3). I frequently check my gmail [email protected] , have twitter (though that is more for social purposes, along with facebook). I think I have a lot to offer in terms of plausible and creative ideas. I think I can be relied on as a go-to guy for terrain projects.

Example of my terrain abilities (I suggest downloading and testing the first map).
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/starcraft-ii-408/terrain-asteroid-colony-166603/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/starcraft-ii-408/terrain-space-city-169314/#post1607143

If this doesn't seem like enough or you don't think my skill is adequate, ill get something else to show you.

EDIT: Though this may not even be worth mentioning, my Star Wars maps have received the most attention out of any other (Star Wars maps) in the WC3 community. Not sure if your a fan, and while the Star Wars map community is kind of tiny, I AM the leader of it haha. You can take this as whatever you see it as ;)

Last edited:
Level 11
Maybe this massive group should be split up between *proven* Elite and Average? Elite people trying to make an Elite map shouldn't have to deal with slower, less capable average map makers. While its good for us all to learn how to do things better, teaching others or picking up their slack is not the most efficient way to run a project. At least, this is my opinion.

I've played your maps, loved em' anti.

But that idea is terrible. segregating into castes has never really been an effective. trust me, if my game design courses at collage have tought me anything its that all members of the team are equally useful.

Speaking of things like this, idk if we do or don't have a 'team' website, but we have a very nice and growing vbulliten website. for project teams, full of skilled members.

Level 11
Haha what I thought this was, was a single team project and organization morphed into one. If their is more then a single project being produced by this organization (or clan), then it makes sense NOT to put people in skill castes (basically what you just said).

I'd like the idea of this being a clan with 2 or more projects at one time. And I'm glad you liked my silly maps haha.

Level 7
Hello, I'm 14 years of age and would like to join a GUI Coder. I have been messing with Codes since GE has been out (Have been messing around mostly at Dialogs/Data Editor/Libraries). I have been modding for around a year. Also I'm one of the two map makers of Risk Revulsion, Which was around the 2nd page of popularity. Im currently making a UI just to show my work (Work on Attachments, also is still in progress).

I also was a Student to one of your Teammates, Anti_Bodies. He has been my Teacher in the WE and I have learned a lot from him. I Love map making and I plan on becoming a Game Programmer or Designer. I hope I can join this Group and create wonderful Games. I can also help brainstorm or make stories if need be as well. Also If I have a Project I do my best of my abilities to complete it and have a lot of time. I might have less time since I'm going to High School next year with all Pre-AP classes. But again I'd love to be in this group.

Thanks for reading,
HELL_YA

EDIT:
cityscape.png

Here is a Pic of a terrain I did in around 30-45 minutes. Which is a City that is about to be invaded by Protoss Forces. a few Marines and a marauder guarding a Train Station.

Attachments

• Screenshot017.Jpg
    Screenshot017.Jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot018.Jpg
    Screenshot018.Jpg
    751.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Well again, a group i founded, (WorldCraft) currently has 5 projects. Userers unable to contribute to one can jump to another, unsucsessful projects can be cut out, and people dont get bored. (i admit our level is a bit high) but the way sc2 operates, teams like this will have more sucsses if they can attach a good name to projects, and if they can diversify. thus finding all kinds of playner niches.

A team with this many members coud work on atleast 3 projects. many individually led by team members inside the group.

Casting never works, because certain members are always at the bottom of the totem pole. it may make them strive to ahive, but there reaches aa point where is just annoying... its best if a team is segregated into 3 parts, project individually, and on a whole: overall leaders. (admins) moderators and directors (mods, basically useres with extra responsibilities.) and then the basic modder. this is usually the most simplistic, but effective layout. on a whole your whole team should have this layout, and so should each invidiual project.

Hell_Ya, i'd take you.

All right people, stop posting for now, i need to reply to your posts xD geez so many posts while i was at school :p

We are getting all these people.... and all the other groups i see are not.
do we have a good forum? i can get us hosted on a growing Dev forum. (me being admin)
We could use a nice forum, sure ;) Lol and ftw you want power don't you xD
Maybe this massive group should be split up between *proven* Elite and Average? Elite people trying to make an Elite map shouldn't have to deal with slower, less capable average map makers. While its good for us all to learn how to do things better, teaching others or picking up their slack is not the most efficient way to run a project. At least, this is my opinion.
I personally don't like the idea, i mean all the members should be able to work on a project, seperating them would make things complicated and it would be better if the "newbies" would mod with the "elite" ones, this way they would learn things faster.
I've played your maps, loved em' anti.

But that idea is terrible. segregating into castes has never really been an effective. trust me, if my game design courses at collage have tought me anything its that all members of the team are equally useful.
Almost the same thing i just said above.
I'd like the idea of this being a clan with 2 or more projects at one time. And I'm glad you liked my silly maps haha
Because that we're still recruiting and we're still a pretty "young" team, we can't start with a few projects at one time. We already have a project going on, a big one and of course, i think we have enough members to work on other projects as well. Any member may suggest an idea and we will all think about it and then realize it.
Hello, I'm 14 years of age and would like to join a GUI Coder. I have been messing with Codes since GE has been out (Have been messing around mostly at Dialogs/Data Editor/Libraries). I have been modding for around a year. Also I'm one of the two map makers of Risk Revulsion, Which was around the 2nd page of popularity. Im currently making a UI just to show my work (Work on Attachments, also is still in progress).

I also was a Student to one of your Teammates, Anti_Bodies. He has been my Teacher in the WE and I have learned a lot from him. I Love map making and I plan on becoming a Game Programmer or Designer. I hope I can join this Group and create wonderful Games. I can also help brainstorm or make stories if need be as well. Also If I have a Project I do my best of my abilities to complete it and have a lot of time. I might have less time since I'm going to High School next year with all Pre-AP classes. But again I'd love to be in this group.

Thanks for reading,
HELL_YA

EDIT:
Picture

Here is a Pic of a terrain I did in around 30-45 minutes. Which is a City that is about to be invaded by Protoss Forces. a few Marines and a marauder guarding a Train Station.
I like how people take their time to post a long post ;) Of course, you can be a brainstormer and a triggerer :)
Well again, a group i founded, (WorldCraft) currently has 5 projects. Userers unable to contribute to one can jump to another, unsucsessful projects can be cut out, and people dont get bored. (i admit our level is a bit high) but the way sc2 operates, teams like this will have more sucsses if they can attach a good name to projects, and if they can diversify. thus finding all kinds of playner niches.

A team with this many members coud work on atleast 3 projects. many individually led by team members inside the group.
As i said, any team member may suggest a map idea and we all will think about it ;)

But you could of course continue discussing it here, i won't mind.

Also, Blades of War is currently a bit dead, the only one active is me xD I'm currently working on the UI (remaking it) and those who are ready to help, just post below.

Level 11
As long as we arrant having 20 people work on a single map, the caste system won't be necessary. Just in my experience, working with dedicated people with little ability is just a waste and demoralizes me for the project, usually instantly (to the point where I just hand it to them). But Im excited to work on a team nevertheless, assuming I am a terrainer on the RPG (or whatever our fearless leader is working on).

Level 11
Sorry, I'm kind-of giving my email only to trusted people I know in real life, so I won't give it.

lol

What could he possibly do knowing the address of your email? Sign you up for Spam? This would seem like a lot of work to get a hold of a dozen email addresses when surly their is an easier way of finding them. Just don't open any suspicious e-mails, and I think yours will be safe. Plus Vengeancekael has 2100+ posts and 300 rep. Does that mean you can give him your credit card information? God no. But He appears to be a reputable user. And e-mail communication may be crucial for a SC2 project.

If your still super paranoid, maybe set up a second e-mail for things like this.

Level 7
Sorry, I'm kind-of giving my email only to trusted people I know in real life, so I won't give it.

Dude I understand what you're saying but there's no reason not to have multiple email accounts. In fact I made one specifically for this group just so I can receive project messages without having to sort through spam or personal emails.

Level 9
I will gladly join as a mid-lvl terrainer and idea guy. If I can't be both VengeanceKeal can decide.

Unfortunetly I cannot post any screen shots yet, but I will very soon. And about ideas, I have a lot of them but if you really need to hear one I'd rather send private ( it's not cause I'm afraid of someone stealing it :) ).

But before you request to see my ideas, could just wait a little bit until I post a screeny. It will last max. 24 hours.

Level 9
pics

There you go. No imported models, it would look better with them. (Actually assassin is imported)

This is an old work of mine, since most of my maps are deleted. You might feel like there is too much empty space, but as I said this is old project, and unfinished one as well.

I hope those are good enough.

Attachments

• ScreenShot008.tga
    741 KB · Views: 100
  • ScreenShot007.tga
    735.1 KB · Views: 50
  • ScreenShot001.tga
    730.4 KB · Views: 48
Level 11
I will gladly join as a mid-lvl terrainer and idea guy. If I can't be both VengeanceKeal can decide.

Well really, everyone should be an Idea person/Brainstormer. Being a terrainer or triggerist should be a primary thing, while everyone should have a secondary as Brainstormer. If all a person can do is Brainstorm, they should really just be classified as a Clan Supporter, because anyone can submit ideas and people with real positions should be giving ideas anyways.

I just wanted to share my thoughts on that subject, there not nessisarily directed at you Rainbow.

Indeed. By the way, why do we need a whole website if we can ask for something like a hosted project-like studio forum up here? THW will get more visitors and more popularity than our map in any way, plus this way it's much simplier and centralised.

Well not every map should get their own forum here on the hive. Think about how many hundreds of projects are going on at once, that don't even end up being good. Once this clan and project prove to be worth something, then we should petition for our own forum.

Of course this is just my opinion.

So, I'm wandring, in what phase are we? Recruting?
Recruiting, developing, ideas
OK, kaek, darling, were setting up your fourm, and a map section for blades of war. please send grey nightmare any last versions.
Already sent.
I'm not the leader of this project, he should ask Ralle...
It was your idea :D
He doesent WANT too.
Yeah well i don't want to cuz i fear him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.