• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Low Poly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Project Low Poly

project-low-poly-screen-png.314179

You and your team will enjoy the beauty of an open world low poly game created in Warcraft III Engine. Your goal is to gather everything you need to survive in a game full of both peaceful and dangerous wild creatures that lurk everywhere.

This game was heavily inspired by a game called "The little Devil inside"

[Systems]

Map Generator: This system will randomly generate a map which means it will create different types of terrain, hills, mountains, oasis, oceans, creatures, villagers, resources and everything else. It will also give different themes to the village that you will encounter and different identities of the villagers.

map-generator-1-jpg.314159
map-generator-2-jpg.314160
map-generator-3-jpg.314161
map-generator-4-jpg.314162
map-generator-5-jpg.314163
map-generator-6-jpg.314164

Third-Person Camera: This game will contain a third-person camera system which you can rotate to your satisfaction. You can zoom in and out.

Graphics Enhancers: This game will contain a lot of custom made models, textures, sounds, etc. This system will provide things that will make it look different from the Warcraft III theme.

Day/Night lighting, Animated Sky and Fog: This will provide a more realistic shading compared to the normal shading of Warcraft III.
graphics-enhancer-1-jpg.314155
Special Effects: This will provide different special effects depending on the situation. For example if you run on sand it will have a dust particle effect which changes depending on the color of the terrain you are in and also water splashes.
graphics-enhancer-2-jpg.314156
Camera Lens Flare: This system will show a lens flare effect when facing an angle.
graphics-enhancer-3-jpg.314172

Interactive Animations: This system will show you different animations depending on the situation like swimming, cold and many more.
animations-1-jpg.314117

Save/Load System: Since the Warcraft III engine does not allow you to save terrain types, deformations and many things which were created with triggers I have created my own system which will store all the data.
load-1-jpg.314157
load-2-jpg.314158

Creatures and Villagers AI System: This system will provide different characteristics and habitats for the creatures and the villagers will have different themes, looks and identities. Extinction will exist in the game if hunting unwisely. The villagers and their houses may also die if attacked except for certain villagers who have a unique purpose in the game.
village-1-jpg.314169
village-2-jpg.314170
village-3-jpg.314171
creatures-1-jpg.314153
creatures-2-jpg.314154

Creature Mounting System: This system will allow you to mount a tamed creature whenever you want.
mount-1-jpg.314165
mount-2-jpg.314166

Game Multiboards: This system will provide different multiboards for your character like for your status and resources.
survival-status-jpg.314168
resources-1-jpg.314167

Quests: This game will contain certain villagers and creatures that will provide you optional quests with great rewards and multiple difficulty levels.

Shop Systems: This system will allow you to buy items from shops and at the same time you may create a shop of your own in which the villagers may or may not buy from.

[Credits] Credits will be provided on later updates, currently out of time.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Level 7
I hope I can test soon.
Does it use the latest version of warcraft 3 or does it use 1.26 or the like.
I am currently using the older versions of Warcraft 3 like 1.26, but I will download the new versions to find any bugs and fix it. Looking forward for you to test it! :)

[EDIT]

-I have added more insight to my game terrain and its creatures which are currently at working in progress status.

Last edited:
Level 7
I have updated a lot and implemented more systems. I also hve changed the way this post looks and changed all screenshots to new ones. :)

[EDIT] Guys if ever you've noticed me always updating this project post its really because of some buggy thing going on with my post. Every time I edit it sometimes does not show the pictures and the BB codes become buggy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.