• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw somewhere that someone screamed that ranger isn't man, it's GIRL, well because of that:

Thief will be fixed later as well.

Attachments

• Ranger Face.JPG
    Ranger Face.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 64
Level 19
Guys I experimented with terrain a little, I still need time to fix water, and swamp area, but from this new version terrain should like like this, more or less, trees are rescaled to fit normal camera, also I decided to remove blizzard water and use custom one, you will be able to look at wonderful underwater world.

Please opinions :)

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the typos in the stats menu?

It says Specialty: Specialty: Miner, rather than Specialty: Miner
same with birthsign and another I can't remember

Well map is full of fail English, as you know mine English is terrible and only guy that help me is The_Mirai (but he isn't even a project member). He can't check everything so things like that are just usual.

Just keep reporting them so I can fix them, still I suggest bug report forum where I can find your posts easily, give you some rep, credits etc, and guys can already see what is reported and what isn't.

Guys I improved teleport system.
You can now activate Circle of Power when you find it to enable teleportation to it.
Right now there are 2 Circle of Powers around map, in new version I will try to present 2 more. I hope that you will like them.
It look cool to me...

Also spells are improved as well, especially tooltips.

Level 24
Sounds awesome you keep improving SotP and one day we will have the map that replaced DotA.

SotP_Orb.png
Progress...
Thursday, Jan 19 2011 21:00
------------------------------------------------------
Guys I made some progress:

-Terrain:
New tiles
New water system effects
New doodads and effects

-Systems:
Basic improvements (Old systems, mostly items)
Book System (new)
Teleport System (Recreated old one)

A lot of small improvements like new models and so on...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/archive-679/gallery-189946/#post1848397

Enjoy...

SotP_Orb.png
Progress...
Sunday, Jan 22 2011 01:30
------------------------------------------------------
Area 2 Creeps are added to the system.
- Bandit (Level 4)
- Bandit Enforcer (Level 5)
- Forest Protector (Level 8)
- Forest Guardian (Level 9)
- Kobold (Level 7)
- Kobold Geomancer (Level 8)

Creeps now finally have randomized stats (critical, dodge, bash...).

Terrain has been improved even more now:
110270d1327167867-gallery-7_resize.jpg

110269d1327167406-gallery-6_resize.jpg

More cool stuff coming!

Thanks.

Yes I added monsters (easy part).
Now I must add items.

Common one are piece of cake, because it just copy and pasting then using formula to increase stats.

But Uncommon are problematic, I must care not to overpower some items like axes or copy same effect to 10 different items.

There is no rare, unique and Legendary items right now.

I will maybe create few rare items, will see, but unique and Legendary won't be added until I start shaping last area.

I will see can I add few more abilities as well. But terrain is almost finished, all I need to do is to add some flowers/herbs, and so on.

Also I will try to add few more quests and maybe finally setup few main quests.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Not really Bugz, I'm fixing systems and doing some testing constantly.
For example I fixed creep movement.

Creep will move to random point inside some circle area around it's spawning position.
It won't run from hero anymore or act retarded.

Nice! Just what I wanted. Great to hear that the creeps are even more improved. But have you changed the "walking speed" of the boars for example. It just look way redicilous while they "walk" after you with ubee speed... You can leave testing to me. Like supporting you.

New version this weekend? - Readed already when it comes.

Last edited:
First main quest so far look cool, you actually more watch cinematics than doing things because I don't want to bother you from start. 2 Cinematics are finished and as soon as I finish 3rd one MAIN QUEST 001 - The Rise of the Fallen will be 100% completed.

I will work on spells right now and make video when I finish everything, 2 more spells left actually :)

Then I will work on items and maybe new pet system.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Good. I think Pet System needs fixing...
And also please make some new names.... Really stupid that like a armor :

Rusty Iron Quirass
Iron Quirass
Fine Iron Quirass
Fine Iron Quirass of shifting...

Could make some other names too like that if you are a squire you don´t always use the same armors in every game... It makes more work for nothing but it will improve map...
If you can find some one to do that I would be happy. (The item can have same stats or something or some fixes) Like "Lightened Chest Plate" +25 Speed but -1 Armor...

Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
So I edit this post totally.

So I played the map version 0.1.8.0. Again I am going to say bad things and also good thingsSo lets start.

Really enjoyed the new version. Maybe cause I have been waiting for it for so long time. Exspecially cause it got new "color" because of the custom tiles. Very nice improvement -Kobas- though some times they look abit blurry but otherwise I like them. Also I think it is strange the rock tile is on the other tiles like grass grows under the rock. Well I´ve those tiles myself and atleast it bugged in my map when I putted it to under of other tiles.

Well that is enough of that. Lets move to storyline.

I am so glad that you made abit of storyline to the map already. Really nice though it is sometimes hard to follow cause of the cinematics reading time so so short. -Kobas- make it abit longer also when you meet Geries your character just teleports to the top of the hill where he is... Found that abit redicilous. Also the cinematic with Axenas or what he was includes few fluffs like "did he said something to you". Also about fluffs... -Kobas- I reported the "footrman" bug to you and you made it fixed though it still contains in this version... Abit strange I think. If I report bugs I hope they are fixed in the new version if they are marked as fixed.

Well but from thing to another.
-Kobas- again you "forgot" or something with hotkeys. You made those spellbooks which contains the "spells/skills" but there are no hotkeys mentioned in them. Though I found them pretty fast. I can now say them if some one haven´t found them Q,W,E,R,TWell I think those were all. Also like the new icons fell into love with them. Really like them though spell leveling is abit hard... Well though you level abilities all the time up with your stats. Still, can you even get 2 what they were with what you level up your spells in the map? Well... Like marko9 said "some times people want to cheat" greedisgood really helps in this. But it fails pretty much because of the spell "teachers" are hidden pretty well atleast some of them. Also wonder why the hell you can learn Level 1 Ability which you already have. Maybe cause of other classes can also learn it. But couldn´t you maybe remove it if you already have it... Cause pretty hard to remember which one teaches what spell... of which level.

Well enough of that. Now I could say good things

+ Custom Tiles
+ Cinematics are cool
+ Different kind of "powers"
+ Some systems are changed/improved
+ Some storyline can be seen
+ The restoration stone
+ New creeps and areas

Well I think that was all. Next bad things

- Lacking hotkey informations
- Fluffs/Missteps
- Short reading times in cinematics
- Still missing boss AI and the boss is way too hard
- Restoration stone heals also creeps
- Some reported bugs are not fixed
- Credits aren´t mentioned anywhere. Or atleast I did not find them.
- Spell teachers are too much hidden. Maybe add an aura to them that they teach something.

Well those were all that I can remember.

Well hmm... What could I say to end... Maybe that nice job -Kobas-

Last edited:
Awesome Remixer, thank you once again.
I removed old Pet System and crafted new one.
Right now only Dragon and Spirit birth-class are finished.

Dragon -> Black and Gold
Spirit -> Nature and Dark

When you reach level 5 you will be able to interact with Pet Trainer and you will gain your Pet (level NOVICE or 1/5).

So far pet will fallow and attack enemies on it's own, also if you 2 split he will fallow you.

Dragon pet's are powerful, can attack, and I will soon add some spells.
Spirit pet's are week, can't attack, but spirit spells are mostly auras that will boost your attributes or reduce enemy ones.

I fixed that footrman bug now for sure!

I will work on map after exams and add new quest or 2 for new version that will again come out on 1st. Mar. 2012.

Guys I would like to show you some progress.
As you can see 3rd area is currently in shaping stage.

Caste won't be accessible, it will cost map too many doodads, this so far required 120 doodads :)

This is just entrance to imperial city. It will be guarded and blocked with imperial soldiers so you can't enter. But You will be able to see King as well as generals when time come for that, I won't tell you everything now.

Creeps will be most likely ogres and rock golems.
I still need to shape everything, add pathing ground bla bla bla.
I will create Ogre Fortress as well and connect 2nd and 3rd area with it.

Ogre Fortress will be area 3 advanced level. (Creeps around level 20 - 30).

I will see can I start working on area 4 as well, that will be located below this.

This new area will be full of units so it will be a lot easier to make quests.
I will see will I finish everything for new update. :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    393.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    391.8 KB · Views: 209

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
This is just entrance to imperial city.

Exactly those castle walls I would like to import -Kobas- Mauer1.mdx and the right texture but I can not get it work. I am so newbie make me a map where I cant look about it. Please if you could be so nice.

And also do not make the area too much like Gaias Orpg. Forexample you could add "Hill Beast" mammoth model fits verywell to it. :) Something new would be nice. Also don´t make it like you have to kill monster in same place 10 hours make many quests that you can do and receive something cool.

Level 6
Well, where is the story line?
There are not story like :/
Just normal SPRPG with out story.
We play, and well, done. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.