• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Kobas I found a BIG bug!

By acident, while playing I nearly died so I ran back to the camp and creeps foloved me. When I got to the camp Guards attacked the creatures and when they killed them, they went back to thear positions, but for me 2 footmans and a Horseman blocked the way to the West side of the camp! This could be a big problem, I will try to get a Screen and show you soon.

Level 24
I can really only say two bad things about the pictures, the first is change the banners they don't fit in with the rest of the city and the second is that the trees look very badly detailed compared to the houses and the walls which makes them look very unrealistisc. Besides from that I'd say that it look pretty damned awesome.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Kobas I found a BIG bug!

By acident, while playing I nearly died so I ran back to the camp and creeps foloved me. When I got to the camp Guards attacked the creatures and when they killed them, they went back to thear positions, but for me 2 footmans and a Horseman blocked the way to the West side of the camp! This could be a big problem, I will try to get a Screen and show you soon.

Maybe report it to Bug Report Section though -Kobas- propably reads it even in here.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
-Kobas- you have upgraded the gallery thread. But you could also remove the old pictures or maybe mark them somehow as old screenshots.

I was also wondering about updating 'Communit Problems' thread. I think we/I could send message to there like when a new version of the map is coming out and other things like that for example when Gallery is updated.

-Kobas- you have upgraded the gallery thread. But you could also remove the old pictures or maybe mark them somehow as old screenshots.

I was also wondering about updating 'Communit Problems' thread. I think we/I could send message to there like when a new version of the map is coming out and other things like that for example when Gallery is updated.
I will update it when I finish working on new terrain :)

SotP_Orb.png
Progress...
Thursday, Feb 23 2011 01:00
------------------------------------------------------
Guys 30% of whole terrain is re-created (pathing blockers are included as well).
Screenshots: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/archive-679/gallery-189946/

New topic: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ory-680/units-suggest-your-creep-list-212255/
I'm counting on you ;)

Info about new terrain and gameplay can be found here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/shadows-past-678/important-announcement-212100/

Have a nice day.

Level 24
I love the terrain also it's pure epicness I only hope that one day this map will have hundreds of quests with proper voice actors.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Remixers Moderating

So here we go once again. So now there is out version 0.2.0.0 which is newest version. So here I am again moderating this 'little' map here. Again I´ll say bad things about it and also the good things. And by the way I found many good things this time.
So first I would like to talk about the new terraining or recreating of it. So I did not know what to expect because I thought it was already perfect. So
-Kobas- I have to say good job. I really like the rock cliffs it gives nice effect to the game and gives more 3D feeling. Also like that you made more high places to the map not just little hills. But there was one bad thing with those things some times it looks like that there is much more space to walk though there is not. It is just the rock though that is a small bad.
Moving from thing to another like it is used to say. Or is it I don´t actually know. So taste about the map was good now and I was expecting something new. I was abit dissapointed that there was not new quests in there though those new creatures was really nice. Also I was very sad that you can not go into the caves which really look amazing. Also it was really nice that the creeps now level up with you. Though sometimes they are way too hard and redicilous groups of them which you always evade cause it would be so 'risky' or just so boring or expensive.
Well some good things are now told and we could move to neutral things.
-Kobas- to east from the camp there is the little camp and there is few soldiers and a knight also I think you receive the stolen relic quest from there. You have placed a creature to there which always attacks the soldiers and the soldiers kills it. Then there is many items stacked in a pile there. Uhm maybe fix that thing. Also there appear no relic in the map? You lost it somewhere -Kobas- or did I?
Now we´ve talked about creeps and creatures I think I could say some more things about the 'depths' of them. I had started the map just a fed minutes ago and I went to the "New Ancient Forest" funny name, so I walked into the forest and I noticed a crab in there and that speed o_O like a rocket. Also found it stupid that the creatures does not attack each other. As they should.
But so my post would not be too long I say good things. Cause I do not know is there a limit of letters in one post.

Good Things

+ New cliffs
+ Creatures leveling up
+ Much nicer cliffs and more good looking points within terrain
+ Credits ( Though I did not see my name in it WTF -KOBAS-?!???( Joke))
+ Different kind of new creeps
+ Amount of the creeps are reduced which is good thing
+ More regenating places ( Found myself 3 )
So there I think was most of them. I think we could move to bad things now. And oh... -Kobas- you should add the neutral monsters too. And really make the creeps drop food again. You will know why when I say bad things. And here they are

Bad Things
- No new quests
- You can not receive teleportation scrolls after Anaxes has teleported
- Sometimes creeps stacks and stucks
- Classes are still unbalanced
- Item prices and gold receiving is unbalanced
- It is easier to receive items to Squire and Thief than to Ranger and Mages ( Maybe you could make improved arrows to Ranger )
- You can not enter castle ( My castle and I can not enter into it?)
- Storyline has not made any progress
So there is most of the bad things. So I think you have made very nice progress here. Thumbs up :)

Scoring Out of 60

Classes 4/10
Creeps 8/10
Systems 8/10
Terrain 9/10
Quests 7/10
Storyline 8/10

Together 44/60

Last edited:
Level 11
Moderation SotP

M O D E R A T I O N - SOTP

Well I gues its my time now to moderate this the way it should be moderated.

First of all I whish to tell you Kobas that I just love the new terrain, its more realystic and it fits more with the B2M Models. I personaly do not like the idea of creeps lvling with you becuse than player may lose interest in going further, what i mean is that players usualy fight the low lvl creatures so they can reach the ones that are more powerfull and that will give them better Items.

Now about Terrain and Environment, I found few bugs that may be fixed quite easy. Some tents in the camp where you get the Quest to find the Relic are Floating above the ground as well as some farm houses at the Farm Lands near the castle.

Classes are a bit more balanced but still not well inought, also there are more items for Squire and Theef than for other classes and drop systems dont realy work in thear fawor.

About Quest I would say that I love the ones that are implemented hovever as Remixer said I would like to see new ones, but i DO NOT whish to see the Story Progress untill the FINAL REALISE!

And I have one Question, I played with Squire and I got Stell armor and Weapons and I whish to ask is that all we can get in 0.2.0.0?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
About Quest I would say that I love the ones that are implemented hovever as Remixer said I would like to see new ones, but i DO NOT whish to see the Story Progress untill the FINAL REALISE!

Maybe I said that bad. I did not mean that we should get much more quests. What I meant was that now we have well I think about 4 quests.
'Getting the Herbs', 'Relic Quest', 'Forest Hunter' and the main quest.

All the optional quests are collecting something. Herbs collecting is collecting herbs, relic quest you need to get relic and give it to the man who gave you that mission and forest hunter is collecting kills from the creatures in the forest. I would really like to see something new kind of quests. Like doing something else but going somewhere do something and return.

Level 11
Maybe I said that bad. I did not mean that we should get much more quests. What I meant was that now we have well I think about 4 quests.
'Getting the Herbs', 'Relic Quest', 'Forest Hunter' and the main quest.

All the optional quests are collecting something. Herbs collecting is collecting herbs, relic quest you need to get relic and give it to the man who gave you that mission and forest hunter is collecting kills from the creatures in the forest. I would really like to see something new kind of quests. Like doing something else but going somewhere do something and return.

Inded we should see more 'types' of quests but no story progress untill the full map release just this quest that Kobas already added, I makes you wait the new Version and see what will happen! :)

Level 24
I think it's a really great idea actully, wait with the story progress and just go with making quests that just are there to be there, and please make ALOT of quests.

Level 24
MAKE Cinematic'zz..!!
LOT'z Of Epic Cinematic'z

That's a very good idea actully since cinematics is the way to talk to people today if you look for example at WoW they try to make all their comunications with players through cinematics.

I'm chatting with geries right now about handling quests.
I think that we finally found way to create huge number of quests easily, I will try to find some time and create some (and remove/recreate old ones).

Also I promised you new ability system. I removed old abilities and created new ones. So far it progress is 40%.

If everything goes well new quests and abilities (new gameplay as well) will be presented in 2 weeks.

Level 24
I think that's a good idea for higher level quests but i think level 1-10 should be rather easy and then that you change the quests difficulty and quantity slowly and that you at max level have extremly difficult quests.

Level 24
I think you should keep the old system since it's something you don't see in alot of maps and I like that.

Level 24
I think that it might be good to add a golden frame on the quest icons since that'd make it more clearly which icons that are quests and which are not.

Ok guys I imported new system and linked it with old one, it should look like old one but code is now based on structs instead on hashtables.
Well I guess you don't care about background activity so I will just say that it look better than old one :)
Progress so far: (1 Optional Quest)

Also I made progress with abilities (60%)

Level 24
Awesome nice to see that you've done some new quests I hope there will be alot more of new quests in the next version.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I suggest to build the link to assassin guild (change name to Thieves Guild) from the stolen relic quest. You can receive the quest from 2 different character. The quard of thieves quild base campment and from the man that you have been receiving it from so far. With giving the relic to the thieves quild you will be abled to entry to the guild places of thieves and that way joining them by doing more quests. But it is up to you how you want to do that. :)

Level 11
Well I have to go a litlle bit of topic :)

I just instaled Skyrim and I normaly started the game, and game goes to the point when you step out in front of a Commander and he speaks to you and bla bla... but what he says is inportant: "Who are You?"

And then you get the chance to create your Characters Atributes...

Do you know where I heard this at first!? :)

So my Question is for you Kobas why dont you just make Skyrim?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Making a world like Skyrims world is would need WAY BIGGER map. And also making it perfectly as same than Skyrims it would took many years of work. Also if you do not make it "so much" similar why not just to make a new "game". So that´s propably why not. Also if there are some pieces of skyrim or something in the games/maps it does not matter... Like in Skyrim you see that but. Like in Gothic the character is almost all the time saying "I see" it always reminds me about that but people says that. You can not always create something new...

Status
Not open for further replies.