• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Priest (Update)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Servant of the Arcane
this Model is Orginaly from Acolyte.mdx
I Remove His Old head and I change into Priest Head
and Fix some Problem of the Head and I use In-Game Texture
to decrease the Filesize I Optimize it Using MDLVIS and Linearize his Animation

Update Fix

Changes
-Head
-TeamColor
-Unselectable
-Healthbar Problem
-Purple Blood Change into Red Blood
-Disappear the Aura in Death Animation

Give Credit if you use this to your map

Keywords:
unit,Priest,human,blood elf,high elf
Contents

Priest (Update) (Model)

Reviews
11:12, 7th Jun 2015 Misha: Dude? where is his head? O_o also don't use custom texture, use reign of chaos priest, or rein of chaos priestess.. or archmage.. anything white-ish with TC make sure his aura disappears at the end of death animation...

M

11:12, 7th Jun 2015
Misha: Dude? where is his head? o_O
also don't use custom texture, use reign of chaos priest, or rein of chaos priestess.. or archmage.. anything white-ish with TC

make sure his aura disappears at the end of death animation and stays off in all decay animations

23:31, 6th Feb 2016
MiniMage:
The model is currently in a very shaky state. I would advice you to really work on this model. I will set it to needs fix, you work on it for a couple days. Alright?

Make sure that proportions are looked at carefully. The Head needs to fit with the rest of the body, for starters.

this model was among the first I ever tried to mod. its very confusing to UV wrap and frankly its robe looks good for what it is.

pros: I think this model has existed in many peoples minds a long time, and while its been done before as the human variety, I like its elf theme.

I like how you changed the rune from the green demon symbol to the gold one, I also like his gold attack star emitters.

cons: you never changed the death blood emitters, they are still the purple undead death emitters of the acolyte and abomenation, fix that, by changing them to blood red to better match other human units, the purple emitters belong on undead for a reason.

the hood should be less evil looking, the acolyte hood covers the for head to look more shady, secretive, cultish, and evil, emulate real life priests and nuns hoods, by raising it to cover less face.

the elfs face has a sash, as if to hide his identity, remove it, hes a man of light he does not need to hide his identity. especially if it does not have team color.

change the robe to have team color, some people will want it for teams colors, others will simply want him to have team color yellow, for gold embroidered white robes.

I think hes well on his way to approval, good work.

Level 2
Attack and Stand Channel anims with new effects looks cool actualy, especialy last one. :infl_thumbs_up:
Also if reverse skin to acolyte one... it turns in to HE acolyte, which is kinda ironic, because scourge killed 90% of high elfs population. :ogre_hurrhurr:

''How about this I Update this But I don't no How to put Teamcolor''

first, you need to make sure you have the alpha channels right, use photo shop cs3 like I do, to make sure the alpha channel is proper. the alpha channels act as transparency in the texture.

next, make the material in the material manager of the robe which has team color parts, to have both the proper material layers, one is ''Replaceable ID 1'' and one would be your skin, the material layer using ''Replaceable ID 1'' needs not a material layer type so this can be ''none'', the second one using the skin how ever needs to be ''blend''

to get the desired effect, put the replaceable texture ID one above the skin one, so its played first.

the result should be your models dark grey areas on the robe become team color and the rest will remain the same, emulate the original standard wc3 acolytes materials to under stand the procedure.

if you've done most of this and your team color still does not show, this could be because of your texture its self, when converted and saved and reconverted in other photo shop programs the alpha channel can be lost, among my first errors I learned when working on the sludge minions bottom frill.