• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Preventing Blight tiles from spreading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
How do I prevent Blight from spreding to other places? I got a problem, I haz a road which is dirt, and is surrounded by blight, but that's only in WE. When I open in game, I can't see the road, cause blight "spreaded" across it. Any ideas?
Tip: I can't add a new tile, i am on limit already.

Level 7
Not sure if this helps, but if you have Undead buildings near the edge of the Blight they will obviously spread the Blight further. If this is so, either move the building(s) further back from the edge, or remove the Blight Growth Small/Large ability from it.

However, if the Blight is spreading by itself, you should just move the Blight back a bit, so that when you start the game it only spreads up to the road, instead of over it.

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps, but if you have Undead buildings near the edge of the Blight they will obviously spread the Blight further. If this is so, either move the building(s) further back from the edge, or remove the Dispel Blight Small/Large ability from it.

However, if the Blight is spreading by itself, you should just move the Blight back a bit, so that when you start the game it only spreads up to the road, instead of over it.

Dispel blight removes blight. This is usually buildings by the other races that have this ability.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
It would take me tons of time to delete 800 triggers and post map here, then adding triggers back, it all could make some things buggy, so no. But I added pictures which might help.

This is in world editor:
193162-albums3861-picture47863.png

and this is in game:
193162-albums3861-picture47862.png

If you can see it, there's almost no dirt at all, just on some (random) places.

Level 17
How about Exporting the Blight terrain model and then reimporting and replacing a standard terrain tile so that it doesnt spread

Or as the above said. Use Dispell blight then create units at points without blight there These will be dummy untis and hidden . And 0 Collision Thus cannot be selected or seen. But if you make it so Dispell blight is the Aoe of 1 Square tile. Then you can make sure it does not affect anything

Status
Not open for further replies.