1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Stop Blight from visually spreading to certain terrain tiles

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Kaijyuu, May 3, 2017.

1. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I picked up an old map of mine and noticed a new bug: Blight is spreading to map tiles it didn't before. I have no idea if the new patches caused this, but it seems unlikely.

I made the Dalaran Black Marble tile buildable by loading a custom Terrain.slk. Previously blight would not overwrite it; now it does. It's important that it not look blighted since I'm using blighted land and unblighted land to distinguish between two types of building spots that are right next to each other.

There's a "blightPri" field in Terrain.slk but I don't know what that does.

EDIT: Here's some screenshots of it in the editor and in-game: Images

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think only buildable terrain is blighted. I don't think it's possible to have buildable terrain that is ignored by blight.

3. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well it worked before (as in, a year ago. Not in 2004 or something crazy).

I'll see if I can get an older version of wc3 up and running to see if it's a patch issue.

4. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There's a system to simulate similar behaviour, with spreading terrain-types. There, you may configurate some tiles that can be immune to the tile spreading, so it maybe would work similar as you wanted. TerrainInfection v2.1