• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] How to replace blight tile with another tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, does anybody know how to replace the blight tile(undead plague) to the crop tile(in the Village tile set) ?

I'm not so sure because they both exist in WC3 editor, and I'm not sure if the blight tile can be replaced. I need to replace the blight tile because its for my map and the blight makes you require to build on it, and in this case, it will be a harvest field. Help anyone?

Level 4
I want the blight tile to look different in game. Also, I'm not sure how to export the crop tile(I have never exported any sort of tile from anything). And I don't know the path to replace the blight tile.

Would the path be, TerrainArt\LordaeronSummer\Blight.blp ?

I use Lordaeron Summer as my tile set.

Level 13
i'll explain to you step by step

explaination will catch up
be patient!

images

Level 13
you will need Warcraft III Image Extractor, download this if you don't have this yet

1. Open Warcraft III Image Extractor then Open Warcraft III mpq (note: there is two mpq, war3 and war3x, Open war3x)
2. Go to TerrainArt => Village => Village_Crops.blp => right click then save it to blp
3. open world editor => Module => Import Manager
4. right click then Import file (Village_Crops file)
5. double click the Imported file and change it's path to the blight tile's (TerrainArt\Blight\Lords_Blight.blp)
6. save then reopen your world editor

Edit:
do this too
also be sure to replace BlightDoodad (found in the mpq under Environment\BlightDoodad\BlightDoodad.mdx) with some empty model, so your "crop" field won't have those nasty green clouds spawning over them like blight does.

Level 4
I would do all of that but for some reason the program itself isn't working.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I had to run it as an Admin to open it.

But the Village tiles aren't showing up, it's in ABC format and it's not there.

Edit2: Nevermind, found it, it wasn't in the war3x.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 199
Level 4
I imported the Crop Tile and it works, but I can't find the Environment\BlightDoodad\BlightDoodad.mdx

Attachments

• Pic1.png
    Pic1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
  • Pic2.png
    Pic2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
Level 4
Woot, I got it to work. No more green gas, finally.

Somebody actually did a tutorial on how to remove the green gas, and it had a empty model I was able to use.

Thanks so much Divine and Nichilus +Rep, now I can go to bed finally.. was going to get this done and go to bed. Took me a while to get it done though but I'm glad its how I want the tile to be.

It was a learning experience for me as well, using those programs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.