1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Preloading abilites

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Sk0gsHu[GG]arN, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Sk0gsHu[GG]arN

Sk0gsHu[GG]arN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, I've read that you need to add ability to a dummy unit to preload it, isn't there a easier way? I mean since you can choose a path to preload couldn't you just load an entire folder of the custom stuff, or maybe there isn't one? It's a ton of work to do it the other way, I have so many custom things.. Please tell me this is possible

2. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To my knowledge this should work fine. Just try it then you will find out. If you have a lot of stuff to preload you will have a huge lag spike, that way you know if it works or not :)

3. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Custom abilities could be iterated theoretically which could result into an automzied process with only a small setup. I think there are some vjass resources making this iterateration more easy:
    [vJASS] - NextPrev ObjectId
    [vJASS] - BJObjectId

4. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Preloading an ability is different than preloading a model/texture asset. Abilities must be done through adding it to a unit (Tasyen provided some resources for automating this if you really don’t want to) and other resources can use the Preload() native. Both will require you to type out some code.

5. Sk0gsHu[GG]arN

Sk0gsHu[GG]arN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks but I have no idea how to use this, it's way too confusing for me haha

6. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    For learnable skills there is also the Option to have preplaced units on the map that have all the skills learned. This units are removed as soon the map starts. Still requires to load sub skills by Code/Trigger.

7. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you only used custom abilities on your map, with custom I mean you didn't edit and use already existing storm bolt but created a new ability based on storm bolt and used that one, they probably have similar id in the editor starting from A000 to AXXX. You can loop through and add/remove A000, A001, A002 etc.
    If you are going to do it one by one, you might as well start with only abilities higher maximum levels. Those cause higher spikes when they first appear in the game.