• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Saving All Objects For Multiple Levels in a Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi, I'd like to ask how to load a level and all corpses and items left on the ground remain there:
In Warcraft III Campaign "Founding of Durotar", where you play as Rexxar and Rokhan, when you travel between locations they load extremely fast. Also, when you come back there, all units that you have left behind on that map are still there waiting for you and even at the same place where you left them. Even the barrels and crates that you destroyed are not there any more.

How to make something similar to that, like, saving all corpses and positions of all units and items on the ground until the player comes back there again.
Or perhaps the levels are all being loaded at the same time? Does it have to do with the three functions in GUI:
Game - Preload File
Game - Begin Preloading
Game - Preload Batch?

That would be great use for me.

Level 9
Maybe (just maybe)
the game is saved when you enter a cave, when you come back the game is loaded and all new items and levels are added? That should be easy to do with triggers. Though in order to do that there should be a way to store items and integers since before you loaded to after you did. I still think it's possible.

If one of the actions in a trigger is "load game", I don't know if the others are going to be executed later, in another map!
But if it can be done, you're set.

And even if it doesn't work, I refreshed your thread :D
May more competent people answer better!

Last edited:
Level 6
Maybe (just maybe)
the game is saved when you enter a cave, when you come back the game is loaded and all new items and levels are added? That should be easy to do with triggers. Though in order to do that there should be a way to store items and integers since before you loaded to after you did. I still think it's possible.

If one of the actions in a trigger is "load game", I don't know if the others are going to be executed later, in another map!
But if it can be done, you're set.

And even if it doesn't work, I refreshed your thread :D
May more competent people answer better!

I guess the method you are describing is just how it is, since storing that huge amount of data between the maps in a gamecache was sort of senseless.
The campaign does well at pretending real travels between one point and another, even ships you came in with are still there. Those will have to be stored in your Gamecache, since you need to know when to create that ship at that point.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.