• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Campaign save/load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I created a quick save / load system for a map that I wanted to use in my campaign. It worked in the map, but not in the campaign. Perhaps you know how to fix it for the campaign?

• save
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing 1 as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Game Saved
      • Game - Delete the autosave saved-game folder
      • Custom script: call SaveGame("autosave/file.w3z")
  • load
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing 2 as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (The autosave/file.w3z saved-game exists) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Loading Game ...
          • Game - Load autosave/file.w3z (Skip scores)
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: No autosave file fo...

Rep and credits for the helpers.

Attachments

• AUTO SAVE.w3x
    17 KB · Views: 62
Level 10
It saves the game at save\ProfileX\CustomSaves\CampaignName\MapName\Savefile.w3z.
That path must not exceed a certain limit, though I don't remember how much that limit is. Try making the names of your campaign and map files as short as possible. You could also shorten the name of your save file to for example "as/file.w3z".

That's the only thing I can think of that could cause such problem.

Level 10
You will have to ty to minimize the length of that path. Make the name of the map short (map9 is quite short), as well as the name of the campaign (tco). Also, shorten the saving path to as/file.w3z.

I'm just repeating myself... I hope that made any sense.

Level 37
save\ProfileX\CustomSaves\CampaignName\MapName\Savefile.w3z.

-> Isn't profile save automatic?
-> Campaign name too?
-> And map name too?

Why can't I just name the save name to something. Argh why is this so hard compared to map save / loading. I'm trying to create something very simple called quick save / load.

Level 10
You can try a short save name, maybe that will shorten the path enough. If not, changing the filenames of the campaign and the map also shortens the path.

Let's say, your profile name is "Profile", campaign name "The Chosen Ones 1.9" and map name "campaign map 8", and the name of the save file "autosave/file.w3z". In that case, the path would be
save\Profile\CustomSaves\The Chosen Ones 1.9\campaign map 8\autosave\file.w3z.

If you change the names of those files to shorter ones, the path could be
save\Profile\CustomSaves\TCO\map8\as\file.w3z.

The latter is a lot shorter.

Level 37
save\Profile\CustomSaves\The Chosen Ones 1.9\campaign map 8\autosave\file.w3z.

Can I have for example:

-> save\Profile\CustomSaves\TCO\TCO\autosave\file.w3z.

Is it must to have exactly same name campaign and chapter?

Otherwise I'll have to go something like this that I fear is too long:

-> save\Profile\CustomSaves\The Chosen Ones 1.8\Test Map - The Chosen Ones\autosave\file.w3z.

Level 37
Yea but all the campaign chapter names are too long and it might bug if I now start to take off and put it in the campaign chapters. Also it's a big job and the system... Well I don't if it's that useful after all.

Hmm. Better just to leave things how they were and not implement this systems. If things would work like in maps then this would be a piece of cake. But well, heh.

Thanks for the big big help anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.