• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Prehistoric Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
It's a prehistoric valley, just like in Littlefoot in case you have watched those movies when you were younger.

I am experiementing with some new lightning techniques.

In picture two I have reworked the atmosphere, and tried to make it look more realistic. I like the new sky better also... You guys were right. : >

Attachments

• Prehistoric Valley.png
    Prehistoric Valley.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 684
  • Prehistoric Valley (2).png
    Prehistoric Valley (2).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,228
Last edited:
Level 19
It does indeed look very genetic. : O By the way, it has one cloud doodad to fill up clouds, just saying. : >

Nah but really... I could go ahead and put up a fogged sky, maybe some other, and then use the cloud doodads to put up some tinted clouds. Maybe I put white blizzard sky, and then put a black glow behind it to darken it a bit, but then affecting its color slightly with the terrain fog and then adding tinted cloud doodads for the clouds.

Or I could just look at any other picture of a blue sky and figure out there is actually nothing wrong with the sky I currently have, except it being a blizzard default sky... But hey, it goes perfectly with the fog and the color of the doodads, and if I change it I would most likely not be able to create the feeling of piece it has now, because let's face the fact that every picture of a beautiful silent landscape has a blue sky with white clouds in it, and that is exactly what this is. A blue sky with white clouds. :)

Go genetic sky, go! :D

Level 18
wow this is spectacuklar.
but to make it better :

1) id hate to repeat it once again, but it needs a different sky =p that warcraft sky is my least favorite ( next to the yellow wc3 sky) perhaps the dalaran sky could work ?

2) I love it. We are friends. mind tellin me how you did that lighting =p and what high rez grass model you used ?

Status
Not open for further replies.