• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Valley of Lodearon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
The valley of Lodearon is a beautifull landscape protected from the Undead by towering mountains and thick forests.

I have chanced the whole post. I've sorted them up and added a description.
Hope you like them even more now :smile:

More screens will come soon, all in this post

Entering the Valley form the Southern Forest
Entering the Valley.jpg

A Priest overlooking the many farms from a hill
Overlook on the Valley.jpg

A farmer leading his flocks through the local hamlet with help of his Dog
Farmers Village.jpg

A small, tranquil lake with a waterfall
Lake with Waterfall.jpg

In ancient times, this valley was a lake. The humans from then build this great dam for the protection of the nearby villages, and the buildings still stands upon now.
The Great Dam.jpg

Fishes flee away, when the Great Battleship of Lodearon, fares through the narrow river, heading for The Great Sea, maybe to never return...
A Ship on the River.jpeg

An orc baldemaster from Kalimdor, traveling through the world to complete his ultimate test... Find out what the will of life is...
A Blademaster Meditating in Pandaria.jpeg

A mysterious hole, somewhere in Outland, that had already consumed many unweary Dranaei.
Black Hole.jpeg

A Dwarfen Rifleman, following the Frost Wyvern Sapphiron to the end of the world, and kill him to take revenge on the slaughter of his family.
Frost Wyvern's Den.jpeg

An isolated Toaism monestary in Pandaria during the Punan Dynasty.
Toasmtemple.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Pretty good, but for the fourth one, try make the building / people sizes realistic, I hate it when people are uberly tall compared to buildings, but other than that pretty good.

Level 11
How did you get the mountain to be that steep in the dam one?

and yes I do know that you didnt use Warcraft cliffs. But whenever I have my big terrain cliffs I can't get them to be that straight (no that you'd usually want that)

or are my eyes simply deceiving me as to the proportions?

Really like the waterfall one especially the mist

also alot of the Doodads in the dam one are flying incase you didnt notice (use cntrl+pageup/pagedown if you didnt know)

Level 8
How did you get the mountain to be that steep in the dam one?

and yes I do know that you didnt use Warcraft cliffs. But whenever I have my big terrain cliffs I can't get them to be that straight (no that you'd usually want that)

or are my eyes simply deceiving me as to the proportions?

Really like the waterfall one especially the mist

also alot of the Doodads in the dam one are flying incase you didnt notice (use cntrl+pageup/pagedown if you didnt know)

Meh, about the steep cliffs... I just created two walls with 'raise terrain', then created the dam between them and then i put a lot of water dooddads in it and highered them all... So maybe you thought it's real water, well it isen't...

O and for the floating dooddads, i know that:hohum:, but if i lowered them the rock would dissapear in the cliff, so i tried to cover the flying rocks with some plants... But it diden't work:angry: Besides it's my most bad terrain (if you don't count my very first ones:grin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.