• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post Your Speedtest Results!

Level 22
hm, okay
i'll try speedtest
~~
2959810790.png

It's really god damn slow.

My internet on average runs on a download of ~100 kbps, but if it's in a nice mood will do a max of ~400 kbps.

Not going to bother doing the test on the website atm. It usually says it's over 10 times faster than it really is anyway. >.<

Just don't live at a place that doen't have any wired internet connection and you shouldn't have these problems like I do. I have no choice but to put up with it till I move out. q:

Level 35
I heard Singapore.

3051491843.png

Yes, it's fiber. Almost everyone has it in the nation; except most of them are on the mainstream ISPs which suck.

Well its a shitload better than Denmark with its laws for Internet communication dating back to 1991 and still haven't been updated. Making it possible for companies (primarily TDC) to prevent fiber connection... just so they can earn more money on the copper wires they own the majority of. That said we have a goal to have 100mps for every Dane by 2020 - but good luck with that when we are below Ukrainian and Russia in average Internet speed.. and keep in mind that Denmark is one of the most Internet/digital interested countries in the world. Its amazingly stupid considering how our closest neighbors e.g. Sweden pulled it of years ago..

Level 22
Just thought I'd drop by for a short second to share with you my new internet connection speeds since I started University.

It's "supposed" to be a 1Gbit connection, but the test servers (and probably my PC) cannot handle all of it so it maxes out at 900/900.

For anyone interested, I'm currently taking a Bachelor in game programming at a rather modern university in Norway. I'm currently in the first semester now, learning some game design first. Next semester we'll truly begin with the programming part and we'll be working with Oculus Rift, PS4, XBone and of course the good old PC. It's a very nice course because it's constantly being updated to reflect the state of the art in gaming.

Level 14
Just thought I'd drop by for a short second to share with you my new internet connection speeds since I started University.

It's "supposed" to be a 1Gbit connection, but the test servers (and probably my PC) cannot handle all of it so it maxes out at 900/900.

For anyone interested, I'm currently taking a Bachelor in game programming at a rather modern university in Norway. I'm currently in the first semester now, learning some game design first. Next semester we'll truly begin with the programming part and we'll be working with Oculus Rift, PS4, XBone and of course the good old PC. It's a very nice course because it's constantly being updated to reflect the state of the art in gaming.

Wow, this is fantastic. What university are you going to? I've always wanted to go to Norway.

Level 14
No one in my class are from the US, but I would expect it to be possible to come here from the US. I know I can take a year in the US.

What can you tell me about Norway? How is it.

I'm atheist, I really like snow and rain and a relaxed community that's open minded. I'm pretty energetic in conversations. I also hate sunlight, it gives me migraines.

Would I like the area and the country based on those facts?

Level 22
What can you tell me about Norway? How is it.

I'm atheist, I really like snow and rain and a relaxed community that's open minded. I'm pretty energetic in conversations. I also hate sunlight, it gives me migraines.

Would I like the area and the country based on those facts?

I'd say you would. It's like many other places, but I think people are slightly more open-minded here in Scandinavia. At least those below the age of 50. The community where I am now is also very relaxed and friendly.

But most importantly though, there are women here! This isn't only a place for nerdy men (it used to be before the merge with another campus). You'll find as many nurses and media students as engineers and programmers.

Level 35

It's "supposed" to be a 1Gbit connection, but the test servers (and probably my PC) cannot handle all of it so it maxes out at 900/900..

Now thats Norway or also possible Sweden for you, our two neighbor countries who have actually gotten the idea about upgrading ones Internet laws, regulations and that putting actual cash into upgrading Internet speeds..

Level 1
My Internet speed test results are,
Download Speed: 18.89 Mbps
Upload Speed:0.795 Mbps.

Last edited by a moderator: