• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How fast do you type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the test on this site: http://speedtest.10fastfingers.com/
And post your results here =)

I'm not fast, but I type faster than 87% of the people who take that test :p
(~8200 of ~62000 was my rank for the day)

edit
Highest so far:
1_wpm_score_CO.png

Last edited:
Level 6
I actually have this saved from a few weeks ago. Probably take that test monthly or so, and I think that's the highest I've gotten.
2RIKX.png

Edit: I took it again just now and got higher wpm.

LyTpx.png

Last edited:
Level 29
You would run a bot on this when it's a simple link?

speedtest.10fastfingers.com/badge/1_wpm_score_XX.png

Where XX is a base 26 number formed with the ABC letters (and limited to a one byte unsigned number, aka A-IV or in numbers 0-255).

Go and show real skill, you silly goose.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It would be more practical if it read the words out loud because I'm really slow at reading. :3

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

What, no, I have dyslexia. Reading is a pain in the arse. I have to read most words over and over a few times to understand what it actually says.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You would run a bot on this when it's a simple link?

speedtest.10fastfingers.com/badge/1_wpm_score_XX.png

Where XX is a base 26 number formed with the ABC letters (and limited to a one byte unsigned number, aka A-IV or in numbers 0-255).

Go and show real skill, you silly goose.
Did I say anthing about me running a bot? How do you think I did it?

Frankly their system is a joke as it hands out links to static images instead of generating unique images in a very hard to guess way. It is also written by a German looking at the engine.js comments.

For all we know any of the above posters could have done exactly what I did. Atleast it is better than Magtheridon96 who tried to slow down time in the browser.

What I am disappointed by is how low the maximum image is. I wanted a stupidly large number not just 255.

Level 19
Why even use a bot that uses OCR? The text arrives as a string so you just needed to pipe it directly to the user input.

because I wanted to write something with ocr and this was a nice opportunity

I'd like to improve it by making it work with any font but I don't know how to separate the characters properly (for example with "courier new" font the first two letters of the word "America" have touching pixels but that's the only word in the "random word pool" for this website so it's easy to work around)

another apporach would be to train a neural network on all the few houndred words but that would be lots of work

or I could make the neural network learn how to seperate characters of different fonts and hope it becomes smart enough to work on other fonts, too

so if anyone has a safe way to detect the borders of a letter I'd be pleased to hear it :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I'd like to improve it by making it work with any font but I don't know how to separate the characters properly (for example with "courier new" font the first two letters of the word "America" have touching pixels but that's the only word in the "random word pool" for this website so it's easy to work around)
That is impossible because some fonts are not readable (an example is any type set at a stupidly small size). The best you might be able to do is make it able to read different type sets such as "courier new" at certain fonts.

A type set is a certain letter style. A font is a type set at a particular size. The font is often choosen based on the size of the text and the DPI of the output. Ultimatly for bitmapped font you will want the DPI of both the font and the output to be the same (1:1 pixel mapping). Vector fonts are slightly different as 1 font can be used for many sizes although the results may not be optimum.

so if anyone has a safe way to detect the borders of a letter I'd be pleased to hear it :)
Use a larger font and a better type set. The larger font can be done by increasing the DPI of the display (if the type setting system is properly made). Some type sets are just unclear and not very suited for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.