1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Poll: Starcraft as a Movie

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by RoughneckLeader, Jan 11, 2008.

?

Will Starcraft make a good movie?

1. Yes! It would be awsume!

36 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. 50/50

21 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. It wouldn't, and would never be made.

15 vote(s)
    19.7%
  4. No opinion.

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think that Starcraft as a movie (or 3-4 movies) would be great :thumbs_up:. Although it would be hard to pick a side for it (or just go with all three), it would have plenty of potential. And I have yet to see a movie that focuses mainly on war, massive armys, and has little amounts of character specifics. Like LotR: RotK's main battle; just more battles like it.

2. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    But how exactly would it be made and what is the plot? Videogame Movies tend to be not centered around the game's plot, instead it's something like an alternative reality or a side storyline or something.

I'm thinking a Marine's story from a planet fighting the Zerg.

3. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    it'd be better if they decided that plots can sometimes be a waste of energy, like they did in X3. i would love to see a massive three-way space battle that was three hours long.

4. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think a three hour long battle would be a bit too long for one battle.

5. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, if it has lasers and hundreds of fighters, with an epic climatic ending and a bit of a quieter start, it will be awesome.

Also, i vote its done in all CG, Live action would ruin it for me.

6. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, CG would be better and save money (I think). If it was on a space platform, with the ground units fighting and the spaceships battleing, it would be an awsume movie.

Like the epic battles Clone Wars Animated Series. I don't mean the 5-10 minute battles, I mean the disks (of the 2 disks, the second was better). But with insanely good graphics. GO BIG HUGE BATTLE MOVIES!

7. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah. Thats what id want a starcraft movie to be. Introduce a few chars of importance, tie the story together with the series in like the first 20 mins, with maybe a bit of combat to keep us interested, then throw the chars and theyre side against an equally powerfull foe, then have the entire movie be a series of epic battles, in the transitions learning bits and peices of the plot, untill it all ends with a huge epic battle that makes Lord of the rings look like a skirmish, with a key char dieing in the end for dramatic effect, then the conclusion. and (hopefully) no Lame love scenes to boost ratings. Relationships would be cool, but have them realistic instead of forced.

I also vote Peter jackson directs it. He pwns.

8. Klipso

Klipso

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    mortal kombat (1st one) is the only game to movie that was good

they usually warp the movies way off the games story making it bad

a starcraft movie would be somewhat of a mix between starship troopers and star trek

9. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol Mortal combat 1 was terrible imo. You actually liked that movie ?

There is no star trek in starcraft, and there is no way to work it in, It defies the starcraft universe down to its core. If the director has any sense at all he would make it better than what you seem to think.

10. TDR

TDR

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I hope a sc movie will never see the light of day. Every movie based on a game has been a great fuckup due to the hollywood intervention.
    Although I'd like a starcraft animation movie, made by the Blizzard cinematics team themselves. That couldn't go wrong.

11. Shadow_Fox

Shadow_Fox

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    bETTER then a wc movie will ever be.

12. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Amen to that, a warcraft movie would be a disaster i bet

13. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yea, that would be way better then any movie made about starcraft.

14. Raigoura

Raigoura

Resources:
    Resources:
    Movies based off popular video game franchises. Won't be good as the original storyline. Hollywood will always change and alter the storyline. Making it sometimes not so true to the game.

15. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't remember where, but I remember hearing CG can cost more than live action. I think it was for Evan Almighty. They actually built the arc instead of doing it graphically. It was more cost efficient and more realistic, obviously.

16. Jetherit

Jetherit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nonononono. Starcraft should never be made into a movie at all. They would do some stupid happy ending where every side somehow wins. Otherwise the Koreans would start rioting.

17. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    You do now that there is a Warcraft movie in the making right now, don't you?

18. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'd love to see a sc movie entirely in animation and absolutly no freakin actors/superstars.Anyway just translating the main plot of the game into a movie won't be possible anyway it's just too epic even in the game itself there is some ellipse.And making an alternative reality just sux.The best would be a secondary/trivial stroy that take place during the game plot but aside from it.Following the Zeratul secret bonus mission in the game.

Also too many movies now make big battle scene.It's like a must in heroic fantasy movie but seeing stupid actors roaring and runing like dumbass animals with heroic background musics is not that exciting.

19. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did i say anything about actors running around like animals with heroic battle music ?

Nope.

As for the battle scene itself, I would be entirely dissapointing if there was no climax like that at the end, It would be like the movie had worked its way up and got us all pumped.... for nothing.

20. RoughneckLeader

RoughneckLeader

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Having a masive battle at the end would be the best way to handle a SC movie. And have the main charaters (if any) in the battle, would be sorta nice, but something like the into cinamatic of SC:BW, just the marine parts, would explain the movie better. You know, getting the view of the guy, the guy fighting and killing with exery chance he has, then dieing.

THat sorta thing.