• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 ORPG - Require Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im planning on making a Starcraft themed ORPG using the almight Starcraft 2 Editor, its going to be based in the starcraft universe.

It will be like Rexxars campaign in warcraft 3 but with alot more features such as many quests(some replayable), starcraft heroes(such as Jim Raynar),choice of race, random events(terran cargo delivery, zerg infestation areas, protoss warparty warpins), many areas(ill try to keep it in a single map) and much more.

Ive already got some decent quest ideas and as u see above plenty of other ideas but i would mind sum suggestions, not only quest but just general ideas(e.g.map areas, random events, main storyline{need 3, 1 for each race}).

Level 9
how about Zealot?

5 damage double attack +2 per level
1 armor +.5 per level
150 HP + 10 per level
250 speed + 4 per level

Warp Strike: Allows the Zealot to warp to his target on attack
Rawr!!!: The Zealot releases an angry growl, scaring away his enemies
LolPwnt!: The Zealot likes to win, giving him extra 5 gold per kill
Artificial Leg Enhancers: Gives the Zealot additional 15 movement speed
Dragoon Morph: The Zealot kills himself and summons a dragoon, giving him a ranged attack

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
cookies4you, and what other attributes? Psy? mind? str?...
SC2 will let you make custom attributes for heroes and more than just 3 if I am not mistaken. Also your abilities sound immature as well as lacked level up affects.

rakuinc, it is far too early to do this kind of thing. We do not even know what the editor can fully do as the beta is not even out. Atleast wait until the beta is out, in which case you can get someone who is playing it to feed you details on the editor.

SC2 will be like WC3 but a hell of a lot more powerful.

Level 3
i know its fairly early but ive filled a huge whiteboard with all the plands including classes, quests, map, growth style and fame effects.
All the stuff ive done so far could fairly easily be done in the wc3 editor and that would mean once sc2 is released ill be able to do what ive planned then start upgrading some of the stuff from my plan.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well I did not see it yet, I have read it however that blizzard will include great hero support in SC2 however it is targeted only at custom games. This means that the first campaigns and the normal melee play will not feature this ability of the game engine however they promis it will be there to let maps be made.

Keep in mind the whole damn UI is customizable so displaying attributes like resistances and 7 stats will hardly be an issue if the maker is skilled enough.

Level 5
Well, being its in the SC universe, you can have a rank system.
i.e. A private can be a marine, scientist, or SCV. A corporal can become a firebat, researcher, or Constructor, while still having access to previous hero tiers.

Attribute Ideas:
Accuracy (Chance of hit)
Energy (Energy cannot recharge)
Neural Interface (Ability of armor to interface with body, increases health)
Psi (Energy regen and strength of certain abilities associated with ghosts/protoss)
Speed (Self explanatory)
Strength (Strength in melee attacks and misc. such as grenade range/amoun of weight able to be carried)

Don't be too ambitious though. Try making a few less complex maps to start with.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A proper RPG idea would be your basically a human. You buy weapons and it plays like a hero defense with semi FPS play. Your hero basically has 3 tiers of stats.
Professions
Skills
Atributes

Profession determins your performance as a class. Basically play as a class and this slowly levels up. This physically improves the potential of your current class, with new abilities, more item support or better abilities.

Skills is a level above it, including many incombat and out of combat areas. These basically level up as you do actions related to them. For example survival could be one which governs enhances with your duribility. Also engineering could be another (used to create devices or repair damage to mechanical stuff).

Finally are atributes. These basically are controled by your level and some equipment enhances them. They make the backbone of your performance. Levels would be gained via objectives so as not to overlap with the above.

Level 4
World editor?

:mwahaha: There adding a starcraft 2 world editor MORE POWER:mwahaha: than the warcraft 3 one?:mwahaha: if there is i sure hope to see some new models and spells cant wait dont have any ideas never really played starcraft sure would look good just be sure to add a zerg character there my favorite good luck

-jake

Status
Not open for further replies.