• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft Literature

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been more than a year that starcraft 2 is out, and I have gotten too much in the starcraft lore.
You might be familliar with the starcraft comics, such as comic #0, contained in the Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition, but those comics are not the only thing out there.
These books, novels, mangas, western comics and some others are the source of lore, and are a great way of learning of the Terrans, Protoss or Zerg. Take for example the book called "Heaven's Devils". The name is familiar with you, I believe. This book travels in the past, deep inside Jim's life, even before becoming a confederate sheriff. The timeline of the book starts at 2488, when Jim became an adult, which of course points his birth date somewhere within 2470.
The book focuses mainly on Raynor and his team, Tychus Findlay included.

Other than this book, there is the "Frontline" manga series, containing random stories, with some stories focusing on Terran units, such as the Reaper (Volume 4), or the Thor.
There is a story focusing on the Ghost program, with the son of a Dominion senator having powerful psionic powers, and the Dominion trying to get him into the program, even against his will. I think that this story has 4 parts, one in each of the volumes.

Three other novels, such as "Liberty's Crusade" and "Shadow of the Xel'Naga" also cover on parts of the lore, but I wasn't able to find copies of them.

These books should be available in most big bookstores' comic sections, and are worth reading if someone is interested in learning more about the Starcraft saga.
If you are interested, start off by reading the Frontline series first, like I did.

~Statharas

Level 14
starcraftdarktemp236629.jpg

(apparently by googleing "the dark templar book" you find on the first page this and this.

Status
Not open for further replies.