• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft story books?

Level 2
Hi, forum!
I played throught first three Warcraft games and I have seen in bookstores that there are Warcraft books. Are there any which continue in story of the trilogy?

btw. how is it with the lore? Is WoW related to the trilogy games? I am too young to get into WoW, when I tried and never get into any lore/story related stuff so I missed it kinda. I have seen a lot of books with the WoW brand, are they building their own universe or am I supposed to play the game and then I will understand the books?

Or in general, do you have reccomendations for Warcraft books? I have read a lot of Star Wars ones and now wanna try some fantasy like Warcraft is.

Sorry if this was already disscussed but I was able to find only some threads from 2008 that didn't answer my question.

To sum it up: are Warcraft books related to the story of games? Can I read the books just as themselves and be OK? If so, with what book I should start?

EDIT: As "books" I mean the novels, not comic books.

Level 11
there is a book about the war of ancients you know the when shando stormrage mentions "10k years we NE defeated the burning legion" he refers to that war there is also thrall uprising to warcheif mantel that is portrayed in lord of the clans if you want to see the live action version of the lord of clans check out outsiderEX or XE? lol anyway check his lord of the clans campaign that is the book but as a wc3 custom campaign .

Level 2
there is a book about the war of ancients you know the when shando stormrage mentions "10k years we NE defeated the burning legion" he refers to that war there is also thrall uprising to warcheif mantel that is portrayed in lord of the clans if you want to see the live action version of the lord of clans check out outsiderEX or XE? lol anyway check his lord of the clans campaign that is the book but as a wc3 custom campaign .
Thanks! That is the book I might be searching for! I have played a bit of that campaing so story wise it's definitely worthy