• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCraft: The Roleplaying Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I don't have any friends that live nearby, so I can't play D&D (as much as I'd like to try it out). Still though, I'm collecting the WarCraft Roleplaying Game books just because of the post-WarCraft III pre-WoW flavor they have. It's really fun to read about the personalities of the races and, more importantly, the locations and creatures of WarCraft III. Even though Chris Metzen said they're technically not canon, I don't care. They still have the WarCraft flavor for me, in many ways more than WoW and Hearthstone do now. It's almost like they capture the perfect time of WarCraft's golden age before everything got weird.

Has anyone played it? And if not, have you at least read the books and used them for ideas for WarCraft maps? I think stuff like the organization of the creatures in the Monster Manual, as well as the powers of the Dragonflights, could make some awesome material for a WarCraft III map. It's also just fun to see the classes formatted to fit with D&D... it adds an element of realism to the video game side of things. For instance, shamans can foretell the weather, druids can only use wooden weapons, etc.

Your thoughts on the books?

Status
Not open for further replies.