• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why is the Warcraft data all around my computer instead of being centralized as it used to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Now, saves are in Computer > C disk > User > Saved Games > Warcraft III

Maps are in Documents > Warcraft III > Maps and there are two Warcraft III's in the Documents section whilst the rest of the game is on the D disk.... I am yet to find out what this other Warcraft III is for in which Maps folder is empty.
Maps folder with my old maps are in D disk and the new downloads are being saved in one of the Warcraft III in the Documents. The game reads from both of the folders meaning I have 2 "Download" folders ingame...

What in the everliving hell is going on in the Blizzard's head? Before, I had a version which did not have the original W3 and everything was on one place (in my D disk where I want it to be).

Then I bought the original and everything went to absolute s#it. For fu€k sake.

Last edited:

~El

Level 17
In addition to what Kaijyuu said, by default, writing in the Program Files directory (where Warcraft is typically installed) requires Admin privileges from the user. This often leads to confusion in players who are unaware of this, hence the common "Try running with Admin privileges" solution. I imagine Blizzard wants to reduces the risk of any possible exploits by not having users to run the game in admin mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.