• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 1.29.0.8920 Creates 2 of every folder and map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I got this problem when I put a map in the maps folder, then open Warcraft 3 ROC/TFT it creates another map/folder of it (makes the list really long). I got the game located in
" This PC > Documents > Warcraft III Public Test ". The game used to be located my (D) drive but I moved it because ScreenShots and maps are being saved from there. I also had the same problem when it was in my (D) drive. I have looked through all the maps in my Windows 10 explorer and I have found no replicas of maps being created, it seems like it only happens in the Warcraft 3 game. There must be another folder that the game is being sent to. I have also checked in " (User) > AppData > Local > VirtualStore "
Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Level 6
That is because Wc3 stores the maps in a new direction now, but still access the old ones. This one gave me a small headache at first aswell.

The new folder the maps are stored in is in your Documents\Warcraft III or Documents\Warcraft III Public Test.
But since you moved the game to Documents, my guess would be that the game tries to access the maps twice.
The same thing happens if you have two map folders, one in documents and one in your normal game folders.

Make a backup of everything you do not want to lose and do the following.
Try moving the game to your "D"-Drive again but without the maps, keep these folders in the "Documents" location:

Screenshot_34.png

And see if it the issue is still persistent.

Level 2
what I have found out is that I am missing the Campaigns, CustomKeyBindings, and CustomMapData folders. But when I put everything over that was not listed in that ScreenShot everything
worked fine. I will just create the folders. Here is all that I moved:

Moved WC3.png

I have created Assets folder to store models that I would want to have in a map if I want to make a map.

And here is the folders that I have left (I have not made the extra folders yet).

Keep WC3.png

Level 6
what I have found out is that I am missing the Campaigns, CustomKeyBindings, and CustomMapData folders. But when I put everything over that was not listed in that ScreenShot everything
worked fine. I will just create the folders.

That is because you probably had no content for these folders and wc3 didn't create them because of that yet. It does not hurt to create them anyways, if you need a campaign or KeyBindings any time in future you got a place for it!

Glad that it is working. Enjoy your shortened maplist again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.