• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Poll- Query on an Idea

Favorite Strategy Gameplay

• Build buildings AND units

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Build units BUT capture buildings

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Building buildings BUT units spawn

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Capture units AND capture buildings

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
*NOTE Grammar error in the poll, Question 4. should read 4.Spawn units AND capture buildings.*

Hey,

I have another question but this relates to gameplay solely. Now my question was this, if a strategy game was to be made what kind of gameplay for it would be funner. I have designed a short little poll to find out what 'Y O U' would like to see in a strategy map.

The options as listed in the poll are:

1.Build buildings AND units
2.Build units BUT capture buildings
3.Building buildings BUT units spawn
4.Spawn units AND capture buildings

These are the four most common categories of grandeur real time strategy maps seen in warcraft so I presume they will be the main ones seen in starcraft.

Thankyou, I hope to see your results and please do feel free to post a comment. :thumbs_up:

Level 8
Lol those who comment like tech wars, in conclusion according to this poll, people who play and like tech wars are less lazy xD.

Thanks for those numbers ATM #2 is winning, but I'll probably wait another week before drawing conclusions.

#1 is just the same gameplay
#2 is the exact same gameplay as advance wars, so it would lose some originality
#3 has been implemented before as you guys said (techwars) and loses some originality
#4 seems like players just keep exchanging units back and forth, and nothing gets produced, nothing gets killed, to me, Not so exciting.

i see you posted this in SC2 forum, so im guessing this game is going to be made in SC2?

#3 is my pick

but my favorite is just regular gameplay #1

Status
Not open for further replies.