• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help with Spawning Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ive played and loved civ wars and castle fight for a couple years now, and i am inspired to make a map like it where units spawn every interval and creates units depending on wat buildings u have. ive looked around in WE and thought about how to do it and couldnt find a way, then also all civ wars and castle fights are protected.

can someone help me figurte out how to:
-Spawn Units every 30 secs
-Make a certain unit spawn for every building
-Make the units spawned immediately go to enemy side

i started the map 3 days ago so i hvny gotten far, ive planned out the units and what they will upgrade too, but havent made the actual units or buildings yet cause i dnt know what to do

:spell_breaker:HELP MEH!:spell_breaker:

Level 12
Create a temporary point variable (preferably named Temp_Point), create a loop that creates a unit at Temp_Point depending on how much units you want of the type of units you want to spawn. If your lanes are straight, then you could loop order all of them to attack-move to a certain point which you will set as a variable. The variable should be destroyed (every use, I'm not sure), but it should be destroyed with the custom script: "call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)" without the quotes. I'm assuming you know what memory leaks are.

If you have no spine to do this work yourself, I could post the triggers & map for you.

Level 9
I believe you want something like this...
  • Continuous Training
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to train/upgrade to a (Unit-type of (Trained unit))
That will auto-spawn units. That's the base trigger.

Level 14
another suggestion:

what about making a periodic event of 30 seconds that checks which towers a player has and then spawns the unit types of the tower that the player has at the position of the building :S?

doesn't look that awesome, but still does the trick ;)

Level 35
another suggestion:

what about making a periodic event of 30 seconds that checks which towers a player has and then spawns the unit types of the tower that the player has at the position of the building :S?

doesn't look that awesome, but still does the trick ;)

Neat a free copy my unit trigger.. if this should be used it will most definitely need some conditions - And might not be synchronized with the train exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.