1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

POLL - Hero Design Challenge (AditTechno vs Daffa the Mage)

Discussion in 'Challenge Section' started by Daffa the Mage, Dec 10, 2018.

?

Who did their hero better?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2018.
  1. AditTechno

25.0%
  2. Daffa the Mage

75.0%
  1. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Hero Design Challenge - AditTechno vs Daffa the Mage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Check the entries here:

AditTechno's Orc Gravekeeper
    Daffa the Mage's Adjudicator

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
      If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
    • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
      A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
    • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
    • Judges are not allowed to vote.

Applied moderator: @Naze

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2018
  2. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Naze please delete the other poll thread and move this up to the main page.

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thread moved and the other deleted. Good luck guys!

4. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the moving around of threads, Heinvers!

Now regarding judges, I can't do much but give suggestions. Hopefully they'll accept, else we keep on looking. You participants can also look for people qualified for judging too - no problem about that.

Hey @Kyrbi0 what do you think about being a judge here? For me you'd be a good name for this.

5. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can look for some people, but I afraid they might bias toward my end, which is unfair to Adit. That's why I prefer a neutral judge.

Some names popped in my head would be @Lord Aiden and @Rem

6. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mind if we get a news flash or something? 0 poll means a good amount of the score is cut out.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As a fellow lazy human, I wont vote because I need to download a map to check entries.
    There are no screenshots, ability descriptions etc

Just speaking for myself I think I am more lazy than most.

8. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need map too. How do we vote without seeing the heroes?!?

9. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Daffa the Mage usually those green notices are for arena contests :/ I however just posted the link in our discord. (Should've done that earlier tho, but I forgot =P)

@SadisticLeprechaun you can check the entries on this part of the 1st post:

10. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    The poll is up. I'm going to get kicked anytime soon.

11. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Will consider if my time hits the bucket.

It's in the first post, do I need to enlarge the text? :p

12. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys! I'll be out on vacation starting this week, and I'll only be back on the start of January. During this time I won't be able to moderate the challenge, post results or look for judges. There's no need for a moderator to do this, however.

The only guy I managed to talk about judging was Kyrbi0, and he said he'll really try to be a judge, however he does not guarantee he will deliver it. So if you guys want judging (it's not obligatory) it's safer to try reaching for other people.

Oh I already enlarged the text, I just forgot to post about it =P

13. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Good luck Daffa! :prazz:

14. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  15. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey all!
    Kyrbi0's notebook died, he won't be able to judge the challenge. If you want judges, you can invite other people. Judges aren't obligatory though. So, I'm still on vacation which means I'm useless (only logging in for a few minutes from my phone).

16. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Actually it was my (primary, desktop) computer (and actually actually, it was just the power supply inside the computer).

I've actually gotten it replaced, though I have no idea about whether I'll be able to follow through, so definitely keep looking. :<

17. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I wanna be a judge for this.

18. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sure, we could use a judge to wrap this up now. Been long overdue.
    @Naze I hope you don't mind if Alxen becomes the judge for this duel:)

19. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Judge
    Hero Concepts
    [​IMG]
    Adjudicator (Daffa hero)

Starting off with his first ability that grants the hero 3 new spells. Sure they seem to be
    useful but not for this type of hero.
    The Karmic Principles is a spellbook formed out of 3 different
    abilities that in my opinion do not blend so well with the other abilities.
    Karma Mark - Armor reduction
    Karmic Retribution - AoE debuff that reduces attack damage, armor, life and mana regeneration for nearby enemies
    Karmic Punishment - Long duration magical DPS

His second ability is Energy Wave, which deals magic damage in a line.
    I believe that instead of the armor reduction, the Karma Mark could be made different, as in providing a reduced magic resistance debuff or using the banish ability to increase the magic damage dealt by the Energy Wave. That way, they would synergize really well.

Absolute Hit, his third ability, a passive that will remove the missing chance of the Adjudicator and will deal bonus damage on each attack seems strong, but for an Intelligence hero it might not fit it. Also, from what I've encountered, this causes sometimes orb effect abilities not to trigger anymore.

Ultimate Punishment, his ultimate.
    The stun duration is totally insane, though it can prove very useful in fights. The infernal is powerful and is good to help the hero take down
    another enemy hero. Though, this ultimate and the Absolute Hit do not blend too well each other. Sure the Absolute Hit can benefit from the armor reduction since it will deal more damage but the Infernal already having a Chaos Type damage which deals full damage to anything excepting Divine Armor which you won't see in a melee.
    I feel that they do not synergize well. Instead of the Absolute Hit and the Armor reduction spells, both targeted and AoE, you could make something that decreases
    magic resistance and for the Absolute Hit an orb effect ability that would trigger a magic attack, therefore amplifying the magic damage dealt from the hero. He is an Intelligence hero, relies on spells not on physical combat to be honest. What would Kael say if he was forced to fight with an Axe? He would burn you with his Flame Strike. Think of it, Intelligence hero, spellcaster. If you really wanna make him as a fighter instead of a spellcaster, try implementing magic damage and magic resistance reduction instead of physical, cause at this moment, the Energy Wave has no synergy with the other spells.
    [​IMG]
    Gravekeeper (Adit Techno hero)

A summoner hero that seems to be able to summon both normal units and risen ones.

Orcish Roar, his first ability, allows him to completely shutdown fighting and spellcasting capabilities of enemies caught in the targeted area. This can become a real threat in a fight against multiple strong opponents or against those that rely only on spells.

Force of Darkness, his second ability, checks a nearby corpse and then uses it to summon a skeletal orc. You cannot abuse it since there's a maximum limit of only 4. Each of them lasts only 30 seconds. I believe you should remove the limit or raise the duration or increase their resistance because they seem to die really fast and in a fight they prove to be useless from what I witnessed.

Summon Skeletal Orc Grunt, his third ability, the summon is instant and does not require a corpse to do so. The undead grunt seems to be useful and really helpful against an enemy hero cornered. The slowing poison is a good addition to it.

Into the Dead, his ultimate. There's a really big area of effect and has a high cooldown but the spell only summons 2 stronger skeletal grunts. The are strong thank to their Chaos Type Damage but they do not possess any special abilities like the previous skeletal
    grunt does. Also, what I do not understand is why using a gigantic AoE target if the spells does nothing but to summon 2 small units.
    I saw that you used the lightning effect when one of the is summoned, you can make his ultimate deal some damage as well. As in, summoning those
    2 skeletons while blasting enemies with lightning in that huge AoE.

The hero is full of summonings and not a single spell that can synergize with those summonings. Here for example would have been great to have that Faerie Fire ability since a enemy with reduced armor being attacked by multiple summoned units can prove really useful and allows you to dish out a lot of damage.

The Orcish Roar synergizes a bit if you got all of your summons together since you can silence enemies and disarm them while your summons attack them but nothing more.
    You could've made an ability that grants invulnerability to some of the summoned units since Abolish Magic or Dispel will instantly make short of them if used correctly.

The hero concepts are not bad but they do need a lot of polishing and improving. As of now, I could only say that both of them are completed about 24%.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  20. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We need a final score as well from the Judge, like exact numbers from scale of 1 to 100.