• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

POLL - Hero Design Challenge (AditTechno vs Daffa the Mage)

Who did their hero better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
user160036_pic59500_1342547064-png.244360

Hero Design Challenge - AditTechno vs Daffa the Mage
poll.png

251041.jpg
vs
225806.jpg

Check the entries here:

AditTechno's Orc Gravekeeper
Daffa the Mage's Adjudicator

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
    A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.

Applied moderator: @Naze

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Thanks for the moving around of threads, Heinvers!

Now regarding judges, I can't do much but give suggestions. Hopefully they'll accept, else we keep on looking. You participants can also look for people qualified for judging too - no problem about that.

Hey @Kyrbi0 what do you think about being a judge here? For me you'd be a good name for this.

As a fellow lazy human, I wont vote because I need to download a map to check entries.
There are no screenshots, ability descriptions etc

Just speaking for myself I think I am more lazy than most.
Will consider if my time hits the bucket.

Need map too. How do we vote without seeing the heroes?!?
It's in the first post, do I need to enlarge the text? :p

Level 28
Hey guys! I'll be out on vacation starting this week, and I'll only be back on the start of January. During this time I won't be able to moderate the challenge, post results or look for judges. There's no need for a moderator to do this, however.

The only guy I managed to talk about judging was Kyrbi0, and he said he'll really try to be a judge, however he does not guarantee he will deliver it. So if you guys want judging (it's not obligatory) it's safer to try reaching for other people.

It's in the first post, do I need to enlarge the text? :p
Oh I already enlarged the text, I just forgot to post about it =P

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Actually it was my (primary, desktop) computer (and actually actually, it was just the power supply inside the computer).

I've actually gotten it replaced, though I have no idea about whether I'll be able to follow through, so definitely keep looking. :<

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Judge
Hero Concepts
full

Adjudicator (Daffa hero)

Starting off with his first ability that grants the hero 3 new spells. Sure they seem to be
useful but not for this type of hero.
The Karmic Principles is a spellbook formed out of 3 different
abilities that in my opinion do not blend so well with the other abilities.
Karma Mark - Armor reduction
Karmic Retribution - AoE debuff that reduces attack damage, armor, life and mana regeneration for nearby enemies
Karmic Punishment - Long duration magical DPS

His second ability is Energy Wave, which deals magic damage in a line.
I believe that instead of the armor reduction, the Karma Mark could be made different, as in providing a reduced magic resistance debuff or using the banish ability to increase the magic damage dealt by the Energy Wave. That way, they would synergize really well.

Absolute Hit, his third ability, a passive that will remove the missing chance of the Adjudicator and will deal bonus damage on each attack seems strong, but for an Intelligence hero it might not fit it. Also, from what I've encountered, this causes sometimes orb effect abilities not to trigger anymore.

Ultimate Punishment, his ultimate.
The stun duration is totally insane, though it can prove very useful in fights. The infernal is powerful and is good to help the hero take down
another enemy hero. Though, this ultimate and the Absolute Hit do not blend too well each other. Sure the Absolute Hit can benefit from the armor reduction since it will deal more damage but the Infernal already having a Chaos Type damage which deals full damage to anything excepting Divine Armor which you won't see in a melee.
I feel that they do not synergize well. Instead of the Absolute Hit and the Armor reduction spells, both targeted and AoE, you could make something that decreases
magic resistance and for the Absolute Hit an orb effect ability that would trigger a magic attack, therefore amplifying the magic damage dealt from the hero. He is an Intelligence hero, relies on spells not on physical combat to be honest. What would Kael say if he was forced to fight with an Axe? He would burn you with his Flame Strike. Think of it, Intelligence hero, spellcaster. If you really wanna make him as a fighter instead of a spellcaster, try implementing magic damage and magic resistance reduction instead of physical, cause at this moment, the Energy Wave has no synergy with the other spells.
full

Gravekeeper (Adit Techno hero)

A summoner hero that seems to be able to summon both normal units and risen ones.

Orcish Roar, his first ability, allows him to completely shutdown fighting and spellcasting capabilities of enemies caught in the targeted area. This can become a real threat in a fight against multiple strong opponents or against those that rely only on spells.

Force of Darkness, his second ability, checks a nearby corpse and then uses it to summon a skeletal orc. You cannot abuse it since there's a maximum limit of only 4. Each of them lasts only 30 seconds. I believe you should remove the limit or raise the duration or increase their resistance because they seem to die really fast and in a fight they prove to be useless from what I witnessed.

Summon Skeletal Orc Grunt, his third ability, the summon is instant and does not require a corpse to do so. The undead grunt seems to be useful and really helpful against an enemy hero cornered. The slowing poison is a good addition to it.

Into the Dead, his ultimate. There's a really big area of effect and has a high cooldown but the spell only summons 2 stronger skeletal grunts. The are strong thank to their Chaos Type Damage but they do not possess any special abilities like the previous skeletal
grunt does. Also, what I do not understand is why using a gigantic AoE target if the spells does nothing but to summon 2 small units.
I saw that you used the lightning effect when one of the is summoned, you can make his ultimate deal some damage as well. As in, summoning those
2 skeletons while blasting enemies with lightning in that huge AoE.

The hero is full of summonings and not a single spell that can synergize with those summonings. Here for example would have been great to have that Faerie Fire ability since a enemy with reduced armor being attacked by multiple summoned units can prove really useful and allows you to dish out a lot of damage.

The Orcish Roar synergizes a bit if you got all of your summons together since you can silence enemies and disarm them while your summons attack them but nothing more.
You could've made an ability that grants invulnerability to some of the summoned units since Abolish Magic or Dispel will instantly make short of them if used correctly.

The hero concepts are not bad but they do need a lot of polishing and improving. As of now, I could only say that both of them are completed about 24%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Well, you could try improving the heroes but if you want me to give you both a score right now. Would be:

38 for Daffa
27 for Adit Techno

Mainly because your hero was more interesting though he could be improved but unlike a simplistic hero with the same type of summoned unit almost and no synergy at all, you deserved a higher score. @AditTechno try to improve the way you create heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.