• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[POLL] Icon Challenge - Maxwell vs PrinceYaser

Who, on your opinion, won this challenge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
user160036_pic59500_1342547064-png.244360

ICON CHALLENGE
DESCRIPTION
Draw a full set of 4 Icons for abilities of Hero, that is represented by your Avatar.
Maxwell - Nightmare Satyr. PrinceYaser - Lich King.

RULES
  • Results calculating - 25% Judge Review, 75% Public Poll.
  • Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
    A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Participating in the poll does not explicitly safe one from being disqualified.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

Level 22
I really beg you to reconsider changing it to 75 % Judge Review, 25 % Public Poll.
I'm not trying to say one of you will manipulate the poll or cheat in any way, but some people while voting may have a bias and vote for one of you only because of that, even though the other's icons may be better.

San

San

Level 32
It could be lower, but 75% public poll is fine IMO, especially when they have only 1 judge (from what I know).
I personally don't want to see people drawing things just to please one person.

Level 22
Yes, for sure. Here it is from contest template:

Blizzard style
Is the style similar to standard icons?/point value

Concept
How qualitative is the concept, how unexpected and creative is the idea? Originality and uniqueness of icons are judged. How fitting are icons for Avatars (profile pics)?/point value

Technical note
Quality of: color, composition, expressiveness, shape, definition, sharpness, clarity, shading, realism, proportions, rendering, details, materials./point value

/total value

Level 10
This caught my attention, and what I see? A finished artistic duel. )

I analysed each icon in part, and I have to say that I really like Maxwell's BTNNightmare, BTNBlightHorn and PrinceYaser's BTNFrozenCloak and BTNSindragosa.

It was a little hard to decide how won the challange, as they both are very good.

But in the end, my vote went for PrinceYaser's entry.

Level 32
My thought is that both of icons are very cool, it just hard which one better tho XD.
Maxwell is targeting on the outline on every part in his icon, on the other hand that PrinceYaser target on detail.
But everything have to be zoomed out right.
As both will lose some detail, I will go ahead vote Maxwell since it remain much more than Yaser.
You sure like dark red color @Maxwell

Level 28
I liked PrinceYaser's approach to making the material textures better (in this case, when he painted metal it looks good and convincing). Though his cloak and dragon teeth could've benefited from some better impression of volume (looks kinda flat), it got my vote nonetheless. Maxwell makes great use of the limited icon space and the icons are just very well designed (I think I like BlightHorn the best out of all the icons here!). The objects depicted look very smooth, perhaps his icons could've benefited from shading with a smaller brush, and then blending the colors more meticulously in order to create a more convincing texture with a little bit of a grunge feel to it. Sooo, my vote: PrinceYaser. Awesome challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.