• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Challenge: Kingz vs. xD.Schurke - POLL

Which one was best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hive Workshop

Challenge Poll

Rules
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You can not vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You can not create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
Download Kingz's submission here.

Kingz said:
I have seen some errors in my first posted spell pack so i have decided to replace it with a new one. It has the absolutely same abilities except the modified gyro coil which now snaps at 800+ range and added some nicer effects to it too.
I have tested all my spells on the following configuration:
Pentium IV Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz
Memory 512 Mb
Graphic Card Nvidia FX440!

And the spells were without any slow until i checked Particle Effects - High, Spell detail - high.
Basicaly if you can play Dota you can use this spells, cause when i play Dota if i don't put spell detail - minimum and particle effect - low it lags.
So here it is:
View attachment 39321

I haven't got the time to test your spell pack on that config, but for all you to know that is my second computer i use for spell testing, i have my better computer reserved for games :)

Download xD.Schurke's submission here.

xD.Schurke said:
so reworked 2 abilitys a bit

First: increased the chance to trigger Electric Impulse

Second: Added a min range for discharge to prevent extreme damage in a short time

Level 16
so my short review of kingz spells:

All in all i think they are realy unique and well done in gui, i must say, i prefer timers and not turning a interval trigger on and off... the "ultimate" is a funny spell, but in some situation its realy weird, because you only deal 1 time damage towards a random point, the aoe spells are a bit overloaded of effects but ok^^

to my own spells i only can say... i'm not rly sure if they fit the theme, but that is another thing^^

good luck kingz .P

Level 25
All i can say about your spells is:
1.The idea of using charges is good
2.The pull spell is already seen,and not too original
3.The passive spell is as simple as anyone can make
4.The ultimate spell is just unoriginal,shooting balls of eletricity at an area?
5.Most of your spells just operate on simple integers
6.It almost has nothing to do with technology(but still has some)

Also been busy during last days of the challenge end date didn't had time to update my map(added an burn effect to ultimate spell),but what done is done.
What did you mean weird? You can't choose the angle of light refraction in normal life either, it does it on it's own be it in all directions or in only one it's all the matter of conditions.
Good luck to you too xD.Schurke.

Level 20
I preferred Schurke's submission, because Kingz's was unpolished and looked horrible. I liked the charge concept (not really original, but I still liked it, a bit). I had fun with the magnetic impulse spell. I hated the "You have not enough Eletrical Charges!" messages, though. Gotta find a way to add those in, in a nice looking way.

Anyway, +1 to Schurke.

Level 25
@HINDYhat
Well good critics,this is my first challenge and i begun to make spells about 3 months ago(i mean custom triggered that is) so this is unpolished a bit and the only thing that it isn't good is cuz i didn't had time to update my spells(had some school tests and i live in a difrent time zone - *hive time - 3 hours* and rotating school shift).
But still it's good to learn from mistakes,may the best spells win.

Status
Not open for further replies.